X-Men: Dark Phoenix

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dig Ms. Marvel and Plastic Man and they both do the stretchy thing. If there's a problem with the way Mr. Fantastic's powers come across onscreen, it's likely from a VFX angle.

FF's big flaw is just the silly stretch guy. It's a power almost no one wants. And it looks silly.

Fire's cool, invisibility is cool... and The Thing is basically an orange Hulk. But stretch-Armstrong? Meh. Maybe they should update him to be more like the T-1000 rather than The Mask.

The best thing FF has going for it... Dr. Doom. Likely the most famous of all Marvel villains.

One piece makes it look cool. But that’s anime so

Not anymore. Thanos holds that title now.

If they can pull off a Phase 4 and beyond, leading up to a Secret Wars type finale, Doom would reign supreme, IMO. I’m probably one of the few, but I didn’t care for the original Secret Wars (wasn’t bad, but I just didn’t think it was amazing). The last Secret Wars from a few years back though was awesome. I thoroughly enjoyed that. Would be a PERFECT way to get F4 back on the map too. Introduce F4 in a stand alone. Then Maker in a sequel...I thought he was such an awesome villain. Then finish with Secret Wars.

Doom has big shoes to fill though. I agree. Thanos is king in the MCU right now.

I dig Ms. Marvel and Plastic Man and they both do the stretchy thing. If there's a problem with the way Mr. Fantastic's powers come across onscreen, it's likely from a VFX angle.

Most young people will think they're copying Mrs. Incredible. Hell, half the Incredibles have exploited their powers already for a whole generation.

Lol and they had more movies planned after this. If Disney didn’t buy fox I wonder what crap fest they’d squeeze out next. How anyone thought these movies could be good past dofp and Logan is beyond me.
They had a lot of characters and could of rivaled the mcu but they kept trying to make things realistic and grounded and that only worked in the early 00s

Hmm I don’t think so , first class , dofp , apocalypse we’re not going for grounded clearly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Spoilers ahead....

My head hurts thinking of the alien subplot in this.

Since the Chastain alien, that’s what I call her since her character name was irrelevant, wanted the Phoenix power why didn’t she just absorb it herself in space she was right there and had been following the cloud for god knows how long.

She could obviously hold its power so Jean was not special after all so her core narrative was completely ruined.

The plot then took the Ang Lee Hulk path when Jean’s plan was to then transfer all of the Phoenix force to Chastain alien thinking it would kill her but it didn’t so now we had TWO characters wielding the Phoenix force....ughhh just forget it what a mess lol

The best part is that Jean was angry with Charles for no good sustainable reason it was really silly middle school level drama lol

They dabble in all of those directions yet never decide which narrative path they should embrace.

Everyone was mad at Professor X for no good reason.

Mystique’s X-Women line has to be one of the most head scratching awkward agenda moments I have ever seen at least with Brie Larson her crap was done off screen this was right smack in the middle of the narrative and it totally didn’t accurately describe the events that lead to her saying that in the first place lol

Not even in EG after the A-Force scene did all the female characters get together and lecture Stark that the woman had to save everybody lol

Yet here is Mystique lecturing Charles about women doing all the saving when all she did was sit in the X-Jet chair during the entire rescue lol

This movie is like Ole’ Painless it hurts real goooood.

Last edited:
They dabble in all of those directions yet never decide which narrative path they should embrace.

Everyone was mad at Professor X for no good reason.

Mystique’s X-Women line has to be one of the most head scratching awkward agenda moments I have ever seen at least with Brie Larson her crap was done off screen this was right smack in the middle of the narrative and it totally didn’t accurately describe the events that lead to her saying that in the first place lol

Not even in EG after the A-Force scene did all the female characters get together and lecture Stark that the woman had to save everybody lol

Yet here is Mystique lecturing Charles about women doing all the saving when all she did was sit in the X-Jet chair during the entire rescue lol

This movie is like Ole’ Painless it hurts real goooood.

:lol :lol

lol

Holy crap my grin is from ear to ear lol

“Will be nice to focus on Jean because Last Stand had too much going on”

“Oh also aliens!”

“What?’l

:rotfl

Last edited:
I cannot bring myself to go out of my way to see this one. And I've seen every other X-Men movie released at the theaters. And I may end up liking it (I liked Apocalypse), but I'm still pretty pissed that the dumb-ass execs gave lame-ass Kinberg full control over this movie. What did they expect? I read one quick summary review on RT and they said it felt like a contractual obligation. At a distance, that's the way it also appears to me, similar to how Dark Knight Rises felt. I think without Singer, Vaughn, or Mangold, there was no strong creative drive. I even would have supported their taking a risk with an unproven guy who did well with, say, a small indie movie, or someone from TV (as the Russo Bros were). But Kinberg had nothing to suggest he could take on this responsibility on his own.

Time and again, some of these major studios with hundreds of millions of dollars to throw around just seem so clueless. I can't figure it out.

Holy crap my grin is from ear to ear lol

“Will be nice to focus on Jean because Last Stand had too much going on”

“Oh also aliens!”

“What?’l

:rotfl

:lol :lol

"Wouldn't it be more appropriate to name the school after Raven?"

"Yeah but instead they'll name it after the girl who killed her."

lol

There are a bunch of these Pitch Meetings on the Screen Rant channel and I've watched a lot of them. They're all pretty funny. The guy does a great job with them.

Back