X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
80s big shoulder pads. Upgraded costumes are better than the black biker leather at least and plenty of time to make improvements for the next outing. I'm also sure these will look better in motion on film. From the pics, Nightcrawler's and Mystique's costumes look best. Cyclop's visor looks weird, but just a quick pic. Jean's looks to need some color. Green or blue accents or color blocking would be helpful. Not exactly sure what's going on with Storm's costume, the Horsemen version looks better. Quicksilver's is overdone and non-aerodynamic. But still a step forward.

The costumes suck. Really bad red flag to me. They do not translate to a poor film though. I'm still hoping...

Ummm... I always tho that was 90s thing.
No, big shoulder pads are typically considered a thing of the '80s, even if there were hold-overs in the '90s.

rw7ElM8.jpg

keqvvIk.jpg

And of course, Khev makes a good point about the ****ty designs being found in really good movies. This is not a new thing for this franchise. I don't expect to see good costumes, but I do expect to see good films. The opposite of the Snyder films, really.

If he was wearing a mask under that visor the suit would be perfect in my opinion. The visor looks close to this

fca9981f4118e9b009bdb4859aa0d072.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So you disagree that unique costumes serve as a visual shorthand to differentiate among a sea of characters and help to reinforce the sense of individuality that each team member possesses?
[/QUOTE]

Sure, that's all fine. But his examples would look just as bad, if not worse, onscreen as the ones we're seeing from Apocalypse.

Deadpool costume looked good, as did the First Class costumes like I mentioned before.

Still, I remember being underwhelmed when pictures of the original X-Men movie costumes were leaked before the trailer ever hit. But in the context of the movie and with the great storytelling and characterization in the movie, the costumes ceased to be an issue and worked for me. So hopefully it will the be the same in this case.

Where is jubilee? Also I'm guessing angel doesn't join the xmen in this.
Not surprised that Archangel and Psylocke don't join the team. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see them in a modern X-Force-type film later. But I am surprised by the lack of Jubilee in this pic and elsewhere. I'm guessing she doesn't play much of a role in this film.

The studio decided there wasn't enough J-Law so they digitally superimposed her over all of Jubilee's scenes in the trailers.

Oh, I tho we were talkin' about Judge Dredd kind of "shoulder pads". My bad! :lol

Open ears has ruined the whole look for sure.

I really like the suit, but yea, open ears doesn’t look good at all, and what makes it worse, Tye Sheridan has pretty huge ears :lol

It's like 98% accurate to that.

So if it's inaccurate people hate it and if it's accurate people hate it :dunno

The visor is accurate no doubt, but it doesn't look as good without the mask. The gold and red visor covering the ears looks much better without the mask though, but overall I'm really happy with the design, in fact outside of Quicksilver, I think a majority of the character look great.

There's not enough Mystique in that trailer. They need a little more emphasis that she's the leader I think, I almost missed it.

ChAIAMfWYAADGE2.jpg:large

xmen%20apocalypse.jpg

I love the suit, but I’m not feeling the visor.

Everyone else looks great. Storm’s suit looks the worst in my opinion, but not bad, the rest look great, especially since this take place in the 80s.

I actually don't think these are that bad. And it's nice to see Singer finally give the X-Men uniforms more akin to their traditional outfits (though we saw Vaughn give 'First Class' the old school Blue & Yellow X-Men costumes).

Only one I don't like is Quicksilver's. Don't see the use for him having bulky shoulder-pads.

I just picked up Age of Apocalypse alpha. I'm always trying to get into the x-men books but never know how to begin. Hopefully this is the right book to begin the age of apocalypse books with. Just a quick question for any x-men fan. Is this entire saga all about an alternate universe x-men team, or do the real x-men ever come into play?

Back