X-Men: Apocalypse - May 27, 2016

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think at the very end that it transitions to the regular 616 X-Men storyline, but pretty exclusively an alternate universe deal. I actually wouldn't read that expecting that it will inform the movie very much. Your best bet would probably be his earliest appearances in X-Factor.

This has those early stories, though it's black and white. I don't see a good color TPB currently available, though there may be one:

https://www.amazon.com/Essential-X-...1461813380&sr=1-1&keywords=x-factor+essential

Agreed.

You're in luck!

9ActTdP.jpg

thank you for the input about the book. I already paid for it so I'm just diving in headfirst. So far it seems like its all about the original x-men unless I'm reading it wrong. I wasn't looking too much to read something that corresponds to the movie, just looking for big x-men action. I actually already read uncanny x-force and it seems kind of similar to the movie with the 4 horseman and whatnot. And I'm loving the artwork btw, big and bright and ridiculous.

In that picture Sophie Turner looks like the Duggar girls from before they got makeovers. And look, it's a shot of Jubilee, from the back! :thud:

I love the look of that picture. cyclops and jean record shopping haha, awesome. As for taylor swift, that is really odd? Oh well I don't know anything about dazzler and I think the x-men series is the perfect place for odd cameos.

Yea perfect, Dazzler should be nothing more than a cameo in my opinion, and getting a high profile celeb and musician is pretty much perfect. I just hope they show her show off her powers while performing, if it's just a regular cameo that would be a waste.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Singer:

"The first X-Men: Apocalypse trailer was simply Oscar using his normal voice -- which is wonderful; his performance is fantastic -- but that was never the intention. We just needed those words to govern the first teaser. So people thought, 'Oh, wait, is that going to be his voice during the whole movie?' It's like, no, but to tell the story of the first teaser, we needed the voice, and I hadn't recreated the voice yet."

“What I'm doing is something very unique. It hasn't been done before. We're rerecording his entire performance because the suit's creaky and makes all kinds of noise, you can't really use any of it anyway. But I want his performance. So he's being recorded in ADR using a standard Sennheiser microphone, but also with a bass mic to his right cheek and a bass drum mic to his left cheek. These two microphones have the ability to pull vocal range out of his voice that the human ear cannot hear. And I can take that vocal range that I've now recorded, and I can pull it and use it to augment his voice -- and that with a little digital magic can create a voice that's both completely governed by his performance but is not natural."

“It ebbs and flows and moves through the movie, and changes, so he doesn't just have one single voice. He speaks with different voices depending on different moments in the film. So it's really kind of cool. It's the first time I've ever had the tools to sculpt a performance in post-production, that was already given to me on set and chosen in the cutting room."

Singer:

“We're rerecording his entire performance because the suit's creaky and makes all kinds of noise, you can't really use any of it anyway. But I want his performance. So he's being recorded in ADR using a standard Sennheiser microphone, but also with a bass mic to his right cheek and a bass drum mic to his left cheek. These two microphones have the ability to pull vocal range out of his voice that the human ear cannot hear. And I can take that vocal range that I've now recorded, and I can pull it and use it to augment his voice -- and that with a little digital magic can create a voice that's both completely governed by his performance but is not natural."

“It ebbs and flows and moves through the movie, and changes, so he doesn't just have one single voice. He speaks with different voices depending on different moments in the film."
That's actually pretty cool.

Back