Would you pay $60/$70 for a NECA 19" P1 Predator figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you pay $60/$70 for a NECA 19" Predator figure?

• YES

Votes: 180 69.8%
  • NO

Votes: 78 30.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
bigger does not equal better. at least for me. and you also have to consider that 1:6 scale is easier for retail stores to carry because it doesn't eat nearly as much shelf space. that's one of the issues NECA brought up in that article Sabres posted in the Predator franchise topic. 18" scale figures are just too much of a hassle to sell and a $70+ 19" predator figure would just sit on the shelf collecting dust like most NECA 18" stuff does now. my LCS can't give those things away. they have endos, patricks, aliens, and michaels clearanced down to $20 and nobody gives a s#!t. even the local Spencer's in the mall doesn't carry any 18" NECA figures at all these days.

I didn't say it equaled better, I said they can look impressive.

I still have hope your P1 predator i 19" glory will see the light of day!
It's one of those cosmic justice things.
You got to do the alien at that scale, it is only fit that you should get to do the predator as well!

Here's hoping!

BTW, good to see you around Kyle!
Have you checked out the Berserker thread? Man, it's a riot!

Yeah I've been reading the stuff. I think HT did a great job even though some things are off just bit. I will get the figure even though I thought the movie was a big let down. It would be cool to see HT redo P1 and P2 and sculpt them like these new Predators. The sculpting on the body is way better now. I like the way the Berserker looks more like a living thing instead of looking action figure like.

For me I'd like better than anything if we would make a 19 inch Predator. 14 inch would be nice but there has never been a large scale Predator figure. If it were 5 years ago I'm sure we'd be doing the figure.

Yeah I've been reading the stuff. I think HT did a great job even though some things are off just bit. I will get the figure even though I thought the movie was a big let down. It would be cool to see HT redo P1 and P2 and sculpt them like these new Predators. The sculpting on the body is way better now. I like the way the Berserker looks more like a living thing instead of looking action figure like.

For me I'd like better than anything if we would make a 19 inch Predator. 14 inch would be nice but there has never been a large scale Predator figure. If it were 5 years ago I'm sure we'd be doing the figure.

But still - you'd have the BEST 14 inch predator figure! There's still some bragging rights available if you made a 14 inch, not all the pride available will only come from an 18 inch predator.

There is one 18 inch predator I think, the CM studios predator statue, but I guess that doesn't really count as a "figure"...

There is one 18 inch predator I think, the CM studios predator statue, but I guess that doesn't really count as a "figure"...

I like Kyle's sculpt better than the CM Predator (sculpted by Steve Wang, the originial sculptor for the P1 suit)..a nd that's a serious compliment, but Kyle's sculpt deserves all praises and then some more

I like Kyle's sculpt better than the CM Predator (sculpted by Steve Wang, the originial sculptor for the P1 suit)..a nd that's a serious compliment, but Kyle's sculpt deserves all praises and then some more

Yeah, it is actually more accurate in the face. The CM one has the mandibles that hang kind of like the AVP preds, and I think its face is kind of the wrong shape too.

Best P1 sculpt ever = tankman's sculpt :)

Sideshow's Predator maquette is dead on!! It is as accurate as Kyle's Predator or even more accurate. Only the shoulder cannon is out of proportion.

Sideshow's Predator maquette is dead on!! It is as accurate as Kyle's Predator or even more accurate. Only the shoulder cannon is out of proportion.

I hate to tell you this but I think mine is closer to what you saw in the movie. The back pack on the SS piece isn't the same as the 87 back pack. The right upper leg half was sculpted from scratch and looks kind of funny. It's a great figure but it's made from the prop figure that went up for sell last year which had P2 parts on it and a new sculpted back pack. The gun itself is way off. Myself and other NECA sculptors had great pic of the 87 Predator and we found things weren't dead on on the SS figure. I would have use it as a guide but found things weren't dead on. Anyway it's still a great piece and closer than the Steve Wang sculpt. Still though the CM stands 3 feet tall and is way way cool looking and I'm glad I own the figure.

Still though I would be so geeked to see my sculpture get blown up to 19 inches. It's always a neat thing to see a sculpture you do and see it go from 12 to 18inches. Fun fun stuff really.

yeah, there was much bellyaching about the SS backpack/shoulder cannon when it came out. but i'd agree your prototype is a better representation of the character. personally, i'm more stoked about the Elder though.

Nope, you're wrong about that one.

Kyle's is a more movie accurate sculpt.

I hate to tell you this but I think mine is closer to what you saw in the movie. The back pack on the SS piece isn't the same as the 87 back pack. The right upper leg half was sculpted from scratch and looks kind of funny. It's a great figure but it's made from the prop figure that went up for sell last year which had P2 parts on it and a new sculpted back pack. The gun itself is way off. Myself and other NECA sculptors had great pic of the 87 Predator and we found things weren't dead on on the SS figure. I would have use it as a guide but found things weren't dead on. Anyway it's still a great piece and closer than the Steve Wang sculpt. Still though the CM stands 3 feet tall and is way way cool looking and I'm glad I own the figure.

Still though I would be so geeked to see my sculpture get blown up to 19 inches. It's always a neat thing to see a sculpture you do and see it go from 12 to 18inches. Fun fun stuff really.

Well I can't argue with you on that one Tankman! But one thing for sure...you have an amazing talent and I am amazed how great your Predators are. Congratulation for them!! If Neca will make a 19 inch Pred, than I will probably buy it, but I hope the paintjob will be good for that scale.

for the fantastic scuplt in 1/4 scale i give easily more than 70 dollar. A steal

I'd prefer it at 1/6th. Proper 1/6th so it would look like it could beat up Hot Toys Dutch figure - and you could remove his backpack for that scene.

Exactolutely. 14" would be cool, but I think even though it's risky, an 18" figure would have way more of a WOW factor to it. Their 12" T2 Arnold was painted quite well, much to my surprise. If we could get that same level on a Predator piece at an even larger scale, I really would be down for one (P2 Elder and P2 City Hunter would also be nice, even if it could only happen in a dream:)).

Exactolutely. 14" would be cool, but I think even though it's risky, an 18" figure would have way more of a WOW factor to it. Their 12" T2 Arnold was painted quite well, much to my surprise. If we could get that same level on a Predator piece at an even larger scale, I really would be down for one (P2 Elder and P2 City Hunter would also be nice, even if it could only happen in a dream:)).

The thing is, with the terminators, there's minimal paint actually needed, most of it is black plastic (clothing) with brown drybrushing to bring out the details, and the head is really only one overall color with the lips being a little different and the hair being brown plastic. The more complex sculpt, the final battle in 12 inch scale, had a more complex sculpt and a more mediocre paintjob.

Here's something they could do to make everyone happy... make them in BOTH scales :pray: That way you could have the 8 inch next to the 14 inch next to the 20 inch :clap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back