Would you pay $60/$70 for a NECA 19" P1 Predator figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you pay $60/$70 for a NECA 19" Predator figure?

• YES

Votes: 180 69.8%
  • NO

Votes: 78 30.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
P1 Predator !!! I want him
I changed my Classic with the bones of the mcFarlane to do resemble

I'm sorry that the sculptor of HT is not as good as Kyle :(

144ah6c.jpg
There is really no comparison, the Hot Toys has the expression from Disney character
NECA wins
21b4p41.jpg

Well, the bad engrish in that picture makes it hilarious.

And the Hot Toys figure is still better overall. Better paint, better articulation, better detail in certain areas. Worth the money. One of the best figures in mah collection.

I have in my collection the P1 Predator Hot Toys and Classic Predator NECA
for me, apart from the bad pre-colored trade, the Classic is superior in every feature, fisical (is not anorexic), proportions (no monkey arms and big head), joint (has no arms to sausage), balance (does not need a base and a pedestal to stand long time without falling)

1zfr8sn.jpg
2zqa6fk.jpg

Again, the hot toys is a good model, I would not have bought otherwise, I would not speak if not possessed, but when I put it near to my classic repaint I find it ridiculous, looks like a caricature, is interpreted by the sculptor, is not the replica of the movie, is manga

*I'm Italian, I apologize if I can not express myself with the correct terms, i trust to an online translator

Well, its a pleasant surprise that you at least own the Hot Toys figure before voicing this opinion. You can't be accused of trying to justify yourself in not laying down the money for the higher-end piece like certain others we've had around here.

I've yet to get the NECA classic, I'll have him sometime next week but right now I don't think the difference in accuracy is as big as you guys would have people believe

I've yet to get the NECA classic, I'll have him sometime next week but right now I don't think the difference in accuracy is as big as you guys would have people believe
i have both and access to the bluray and the NECA figure is clearly more accurate. the only reason i have the HT figure is because NECA won't make a 1:6 version. the HT figure is pretty cool, but nobody at HT can do what tankman can do.

Well, its a pleasant surprise that you at least own the Hot Toys figure before voicing this opinion. You can't be accused of trying to justify yourself in not laying down the money for the higher-end piece like certain others we've had around here.

As opposed to saying the Hot Toys is better simply because you have to lay down the money to own it.... ;)

And look at the picture higher on the page; you can see that the NECA version got more things right (other than paint - but that was fixed!)

As opposed to saying the Hot Toys is better simply because you have to lay down the money to own it...

Theres that too. But who said anything about Hot Toys being better? I'm just saying the gulf in accuracy is only really noticeable to those of you who really study the creature design, as presumably Tankman has been doing for years.

And I'm not trying to justify anything either, I want this character in the 2 scales I collect, 7" and 1/6th.

I have in my collection the P1 Predator Hot Toys and Classic Predator NECA
for me, apart from the bad pre-colored trade, the Classic is superior in every feature, fisical (is not anorexic), proportions (no monkey arms and big head), joint (has no arms to sausage), balance (does not need a base and a pedestal to stand long time without falling)

1zfr8sn.jpg
2zqa6fk.jpg

Again, the hot toys is a good model, I would not have bought otherwise, I would not speak if not possessed, but when I put it near to my classic repaint I find it ridiculous, looks like a caricature, is interpreted by the sculptor, is not the replica of the movie, is manga

*I'm Italian, I apologize if I can not express myself with the correct terms, i trust to an online translator

This paint job looks great and to think it's on our 8 inch figure. I so want to see an 19 inch P1 so bad. If only HT would do a P1 and P2 with the new school sculpting like the Predators figures I'd bet them all over again. The other Predators they did just look way toyish for me even though I still got 3 of them. Really though what a great paint job.

Tankman, how's that T1 line and the new T-1000 figure/figures going?

This paint job looks great and to think it's on our 8 inch figure. I so want to see an 19 inch P1 so bad. If only HT would do a P1 and P2 with the new school sculpting like the Predators figures I'd bet them all over again. The other Predators they did just look way toyish for me even though I still got 3 of them. Really though what a great paint job.

Thank's Tankman :)
was not easy to repaint, but it was worth it, I had to do justice to the sculpture, the model is the most faithful reproduction of the first Predator I have at home, I'm glad that you have based that character rather than the more squat and stocky last film
More photos
n5k7sk.jpg

3585keb.jpg

All photos :
https://alienepredatoritalia.forumfree.it/?t=51550171

I'm wondering - how did you paint the netting so well? That's the one thing I have problems with.

Theres that too. But who said anything about Hot Toys being better? I'm just saying the gulf in accuracy is only really noticeable to those of you who really study the creature design, as presumably Tankman has been doing for years.

And I'm not trying to justify anything either, I want this character in the 2 scales I collect, 7" and 1/6th.

I haven't been studying it for years, yet just by watching the movie I can see the flaws in the HT figure. Not to say it's bad, I'd love to own one if I could find one cheaper, but it isn't very true to the movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back