Would you pay $60/$70 for a NECA 19" P1 Predator figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you pay $60/$70 for a NECA 19" Predator figure?

• YES

Votes: 180 69.8%
  • NO

Votes: 78 30.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabres21768

Super Freak
Reaction score
NECA has asked on Twitter, if we'd be willing to pay $70-$80 for a 18"/19" PREDATOR figure.

They're trying to figure out interest for a figure next year.

I know I would!

Make it happen NECA!

if they make 18" and 12" scale, yes. if they make 18" instead of 12" scale, no.

Personally I'd rather a 1/6th one but would be happy for those looking for an 18/19". So I'm not going to vote. Its something I might pick up as an impulse buy but I wouldn't specifically order it or go hunting for it.

I paid $150 for an inaccurate HT P1. I would pay up to $200 for Kyle's Sistine Chapel in 18 inch form. With sounds like the clicking and 'any time', 'over here' and Billy's laugh of course.

Actually I probably would... as long as they didn't put it in a wonky pose...:slap

And it didn't resemble PooP...

60-70$ for the most accurate PREDATOR 1 figure ever made, a GIFT !

C'mon...you know you're not getting both from them.
frankly, i don't know what to expect to get from them. they're outwardly ignoring the format that has the largest collector's market to push larger scale items that will collect dust on store shelves no matter what they price it at. i had a conversation with my LCS owner a while back about NECA's 18" scale figures and he refuses to stock any more because they don't sell, period. he can't even clearance some of them out. meanwhile, he can't keep 1:6 stuff in stock no matter how fast he orders more. i don't get what NECA is trying to prove by making giant poorly-painted figures with a tiny niche market. some are impressive when i see them in the store, but once i get them home, all they do is take up too much space and stick out like sore thumbs with my 1:6 collection. i think it's silly and i'm not gonna reward them for it.

/nerdrant/coolstorybro.

If it looks exactly like that prototype two-up of the 7" Classic... then yes. Around $50-$60, absolutely. But not more than that, since as far as materials/poseability/weight goes, it's still an oversized NECA figure.

And I'm with prefused on this one, because chances are, the damn thing won't end up looking like that two-up no matter how big it is. I vote yes, but I doubt it'll be done well enough for me to actually end up buying. Paint is their Achille's Heel.

In fact, someone who has a Twitter account literally tell them that we (well, I for sure :)) won't buy unless the paintjob looks like on the prototype. Fat chance, but we'd be getting a larger figure for a larger pricepoint than usual. That extra $20-$30 we'd be spending better be for a good reason.

ClassicPredator.jpg

frankly, i don't know what to expect to get from them. they're outwardly ignoring the format that has the largest collector's market to push larger scale items that will collect dust on store shelves no matter what they price it at. i had a conversation with my LCS owner a while back about NECA's 18" scale figures and he refuses to stock any more because they don't sell, period. he can't even clearance some of them out. meanwhile, he can't keep 1:6 stuff in stock no matter how fast he orders more. i don't get what NECA is trying to prove by making giant poorly-painted figures with a tiny niche market. some are impressive when i see them in the store, but once i get them home, all they do is take up too much space and stick out like sore thumbs with my 1:6 collection. i think it's silly and i'm not gonna reward them for it.

/nerdrant/coolstorybro.

That's what you get for collecting JUST 1:6 stuff. :rotfl

It's going to fit right in with my collection.

With sounds like the clicking and 'any time', 'over here' and Billy's laugh of course.

OK this :lecture would push it closer to must-have territory for me. I love that Predator 'clicking' sound. I'd also like it to have the roar, the plasma cannon targeting and firing sounds and ideally all his human phrases and Billy laugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back