Why do you collect?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Why do you collect?

• Brings me back childhood memories.

• I’m a fanatic of a special saga/series/movie/character.

• It brings me memories of movies/series/comics that impacted me. I’m a cinephile.

• Awesome decoration, little to no money loss, win-win to me!

• It’s mainly an investment thing, and it’s cool as all hells.

• I’m a hoarder, I want them all, no regrets.

Results are only viewable after voting.
marge-i-just-think-theyre-neat.gif

i do think as a kid i wasnt a big collector but as grew up i was but i tend to go towards anime stuff. I chaged my collection a few times, cut down and stuff

Don't have anywhere near the amount, yet he pretty well sums up my own experience-

0:32 -
1:42 - ... It's that visceral experience, of being surrounded by something that's moved you, that stimulated you, in a film or in a comic book, and now you have the ability to have that kind of tactile experience, ...it's a part of who I am.

Last edited:
The whole process of thinking up a collecting idea, researching it extensively, and tracking it all down is really fun to me.

The more work I put into an idea, the more satisfying the end result. The reseach is fun, the shopping is fun, saving up for the items is rewarding, and the collection is great to look at.

It's also something I can enjoy by myself, as I don't have to worry what anyone will say about it.

At least that's how I feel. : )

I don’t collect. I buy things I decide are awesome and the collector market has made a great many, great things available. (Thanks guys.)

What determines the coolness of any given object is highly reliant upon what certain stories gave me as a kid, but a lot of it comes from media I discovered as an adult. That’s not to say that the attraction isn’t rooted in my earliest interests. I don’t think growing up is something I did in that regard.

Because Materialism and Capitalism.

Do you know what those words mean?

I have no kids, not married, make goodish money.

It's also nostalgic to own things from my favorite TV properties. I have way too many Customs, and that is a problem.

I don’t collect. I buy things I decide are awesome and the collector market has made a great many, great things available. (Thanks guys.)

What determines the coolness of any given object is highly reliant upon what certain stories gave me as a kid, but a lot of it comes from media I discovered as an adult. That’s not to say that the attraction isn’t rooted in my earliest interests. I don’t think growing up is something I did in that regard.

Do you know what those words mean?
How many figures do you have that it wouldn’t be considered it a “collection”? Even two or three could be considered as a small collection of pieces… just sayin…

How many figures do you have that it wouldn’t be considered it a “collection”? Even two or three could be considered as a small collection of pieces… just sayin…
I think of a collection as something more consistent than what I do. Any group of things can be considered a collection if you strip away certain criteria. Do you collect silverware? How many forks do you have?

Don't have anywhere near the amount, yet he pretty well sums up my own experience-

0:32 -
1:42 - ... It's that visceral experience, of being surrounded by something that's moved you, that stimulated you, in a film or in a comic book, and now you have the ability to have that kind of tactile experience, ...it's a part of who I am.

Very cool, I didn’t know Titus was so heavy into collecting. He’s pretty good in Bosch, great show.

I agree with what he said there. I’m not a huge collector by any means but the things that I do own is because the character(s) and stories left a lasting impression and continue to be my go-to. Lots of nostalgia and good memories.

Back