World War Z (starring Brad Pitt)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not as much as you think. Most who have read the books are well aware of the changes this movie is making. Fans of the book have been pissed for a while. I doubt they go to see it.

yep... I'm waiting for netflix so I can drink while I watch. :lol

It doesn't matter what you think of the movie as long as they get you in the door to see it. People who like the source material will be curious enough to plunk down the cash to see it, so the marketing strategy of using that title was effective.

But.... but here's the problem: they ARN'T getting me in the door to see it. I was interested in the book, but I'm not interested in Brad Pitt running away from some non-violent zombies.... and if all blood and death is offscreen in a ZOMBIE movie, hello: failure.

The vast majority of the people I have seen who are familiar with the book, are not all that interested in seeing it, or are actively planning on their own personal little boycott. I don't know how that extrapolates to millions of other theatre-goers, I guess we shall see.

Non-violent zombies, truly.... lawl.

But.... but here's the problem: they ARN'T getting me in the door to see it. I was interested in the book, but I'm not interested in Brad Pitt running away from some non-violent zombies.... and if all blood and death is offscreen in a ZOMBIE movie, hello: failure.

The vast majority of the people I have seen who are familiar with the book, are not all that interested in seeing it, or are actively planning on their own personal little boycott. I don't know how that extrapolates to millions of other theatre-goers, I guess we shall see.

Non-violent zombies, truly.... lawl.

i plan to show my boycott by going to see MoS again.:wink1:

So. World War Z...well....uh...Brad Pitt is the most perfect ****ing human being alive in the universe, and the Zombies don't do jack ****ing ****. **** this movie. It ignores everything related to a Zombie. It ignores the quintessential book related to them...fine...I guess...but why the **** would you ignore EVERY SINGLE THING IN THE UNIVERSE. No blood. No gore. No ****ing real Zombie makeup.

Nerdyness aside..the movie was really, really boring. We get it. It's a zombie apocalypse. So show it. I don't give a **** about Brad Pitt's non character. The most perfect person alive. I want to know more about this virus you presented, that you DIDN'T EVER COME BACK too. Goddamn. I;'m so drunk. And so angry. **** this movie. **** this movie in it's stupid ****ing face.

Another non-alcoholic beer rant by CP. :lol :wink1:

Seeing monster university. Suggest you guys do the same since this movie sounds so bad.

Just got back from watching it. I thought it was awesome and really glad I went to see it. It up their with one of my favorite zombie movie. The zombies that weren't cgi were badass. Hoping they make a part 2, and show how the outbreak started from someone else view.

I know they changed the end because it didn't go well with test audiences. Do we know the original end?

Yes. ........

Much has been made about the Russian set ending in "World War Z" (the film has three main settings, Philadelphia, Israel and Russia). The gist of it: In Russia, humans are kept as slaves, presumably to stave off the hordes of zombies -- and the original climax of 'WWZ' has Pitt freeing these slaves and enlisting them to fight off and kill the zombie army off with "lobotomizing" sheaths that take off zombies' heads. It was evidently a huge set piece (taking up almost 15 minutes of the film) and super expensive, but there were three essential problems:

a) These sequences were gruesome and veered close to an R-Rating whereas 'WWZ' was contractually obligated to bring in a PG-13 ("The question was: how graphic can it be and get that rating?” one source questioned).
b) They showed Pitt in an unsympathetic light as a savage zombie killing leader.
c) It didn't reunite Pitt with his family and had no payoff. The film starts out with Pitt having to abandon his family to help save the world and this version -- hoping he could find them in the next movie -- didn't reunite him with his wife and kids, but that left for a cold and bleak ending that concluded with an emotionally hollow and bloody victory with no emotional resolution.

Back