Your Top 10 Star Wars Scenes of All Time

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Every BEST list always devolves into the WORST list. Its easier. :lol

No Worst List should be without:

Jar Jar stinky Eopie fart scene
Jar Jar steps in sticky poo-du
Jar Jar exqueeze me

oh, how about WORST LINE List!!!?

Let's spin, that's a good trick.

I hate sand.

Good one, Dad.

No... No... NOOOOOOOOOO!

This was really tough! I had a lot more scenes from Rotj make my short list than I would have imagined, I might just like that movie more than I realise haha!

1. Rotj Luke wailing on Vader in the duel with JW score right through to the mechanical hand reveal and Luke throwing down his lightsabre - I still get goosebumps when I watch this scene
  2. Tesb - I am your father reveal and Luke?s realisation that it?s true and then choosing to let go and fall.
  3. Rots anakin palpatine opera scene with Sheev?s revelation
  4. Tesb Vader and bounty hunter scum on the Executor
  5. Anh Death Star trench run from Han?s return to Luke trusting the force
  6. Rotj Biker Scout speeder chase scene on Endor
  7. Tpm Duel of fates from the moment the three combatants are paused in the status fields and their different reactions to the forced break in the duel through to Qui-gon?s death
  8. Aotc Obi-wan Jango Fett duel on kamino in the rain
  9. TM fett returns stinger at the end of Mando season 2 chapter 9
  10. Rogue one Vader hallway scene

Edit: I don’t know how I forgot this one and it’s one of my favourites - Tesb Leia to Han “I love you” and Han to Leia “I know”, then frozen in carbonite

Last edited:
This was really tough! I had a lot more scenes from Rotj make my short list than I would have imagined, I might just like that movie more than I realise haha!

1. Rotj Luke wailing on Vader in the duel with JW score right through to the mechanical hand reveal and Luke throwing down his lightsabre - I still get goosebumps when I watch this scene
  2. Tesb - I am your father reveal and Luke?s realisation that it?s true and then choosing to let go and fall.
  7. Tpm Duel of fates from the moment the three combatants are paused in the status fields and their different reactions to the forced break in the duel through to Qui-gon?s death

This is a good list - I forgot how much I like number 3.

Edit: I don?t know how I forgot this one and it?s one of my favourites - Tesb Leia to Han ?I love you? and Han to Leia ?I know?, then frozen in carbonite

A mighty fine list indeed. Nicely balanced (very fitting for Star Wars).

Every BEST list always devolves into the WORST list. Its easier. :lol

No Worst List should be without:

Jar Jar stinky Eopie fart scene
Jar Jar steps in sticky poo-du
Jar Jar exqueeze me

oh, how about WORST LINE List!!!?

Let's spin, that's a good trick.

I hate sand.

Good one, Dad.

No... No... NOOOOOOOOOO!

I forgot about sand jyefail :slap

This is hard. JAWS and ajp4mgs probably have their lists already on file.

:lol :lol

Actually other then maybe the first five I never really thought about it.

*** I wont add these to the list but basically ever scene involving Vader in ESB. The delivery of lines by JEJ in this film are perfect.

1. Vader vs Luke (ESB) - This is also my fav Saber duel. So many of Vader's best lines are during this.
2. Han Solo appears to Ben Solo (TROS) - I have never once teared up in a SW movie.. Never ever even close. This scene almost singlehandedly redeemed the ST and PT for me. I loved it so much I was willing to forgive all the **** movies that the PT and ST had given us :lol
3. Asteroid Case (ESB) - Music and action are perfect during all of this
4. Not really a scenes but The first 20 min of of ANH - It just fly's by. Its perfectly paced. Set up the world are about to enter perfectly.
5. Battle of Hoth (ESB) - Perfectly executed SW action scene.
6. Vader attack - (Rogue One) - The scene that made me forget about that Hayden Christensen ****.
7. Death Star 2 battle (ROTJ) - My fav dog fight of the entire saga.. Yep that includes everything in Rogue One.
8. Duel of the Fates (TPM)- Anyone not love this scene?
9. "Never" (ROTJ) music is perfect and sums up all the emotion that is in that scene. Luke playing with the Dark Side.. Good stuff.
10. Vader Kills the Emperor (ROTJ TC) - Would be higher but I only watch the 4k versions anymore.. So this is a sad add.
11. "You must Feel of the Force around you" (ESB) I would say this is more of a moment.. But when Yoda's hand makes a fist and shakes when he says "feel" it is seriously Oscar worthy.
12. Pod Race - This is almost perfect Star Wars. The sound design, the speed, the fun. I am always surprised it gets dumped on by some.
13. Rey and Kylo's final Duel - More classic saber duel is ok in my book. The look and feel of the scene.. Perfect.
14. Death Star 1 battle (ANH SE) - Yep something about the SE I actually prefer over the TC :)
15. Jabba's introduction (ROTJ) - Puppets are so much better then CGI created creatures.
16. Snoke death and saber catch (TLJ) - Probably the biggest shocker in the entire saga accept for "I am your Father"

Last edited:
Hmm in all of SW.

Ok no biggie easy peasy

Here goes:

1. HC killing younglings ROTS
2. HC great friendship with ObiWan PT
3. HC NOOO awakening ROTS
4. HC dropping to his knees with the emperor ROTS
5. HC upset speech to Padme after killing the sand people AOTC
6. HC cutting Padme off and saying ?Excuse me my lady i?m in charge of security here? AOTC
7. HC love declaration to Padme ROTS
8. HC saying to Padme ?No I am so in love with you.? ROTS
9. HC interrogation of Zam Wessel ?Tell us now!? AOTC
10. HC riding the tick AOTC

Epic List.

It was until Wor-Gar destroyed it by pointing out that I forgot the most famous of all HC contributions to SW.

SAND! :gah:

Last edited:
Okay here's mine:

1. Luke calling out to Leia while hanging under Cloud City (ESB)
2. Yoda lifting the X-Wing from the swamp (ESB)
3. Yoda's luminous beings speech (ESB)
4. Luke/Vader duel on Cloud City (ESB)
5. Han Carbon Freezing Chamber sequence (the cinematography, editing, music, emotion in this sequence is as perfect as SW gets. "There'll be another time", Fett turning to Vader, "What if he doesn't survive, he's worth a lot to me" while Han and Leia look at each other in the foreground, Chewie howling in despair, "I love you/I know." Just perfection all around)
6. Hoth Battle
7. Luke's final moments in the DS trench (SW)
8. Luke staring out at the twin suns (SW)
9. Luke going off on Vader in ROTJ (ROTJ)
10. That awesome moment with the invigorating and rousing score where Han and company blast open the Endor bunker doors, get captured, then all the Rebel ships come out of hyperspace and realize that the Empire is waiting for them. I freaking LOVE that!

Gah, I barely even got past ESB and couldn't even break out of the OT with my 10.

RO's final battle
RO Vader sequence
TROS thrown room showdown with resurrected Palps
TROS rebel ships arriving at Exegol (both the initial Resistance wave and then Lando's armada)
TROS Han appearing to Ben
TROS Rey vs. Kylo on DS II wreckage
TROS Luke raising the X-Wing
TLJ Luke and R2
TLJ Luke and Yoda
TLJ Luke facing the FO on Crait
TFA Rey catching the saber
TLJ Rey catching the saber (lol)

are all massive honorable mentions all around.

Can't argue with that OT list. I'm going to be lazy and just say 'what he said'. That's also my top 10.

Also on board with your Rogue One mentions. I might add the scene with the final stage of the Death Star construction - the superlazer dish being installed as Tarkin looks on. In fact I loved all of Tarkin's scenes even if the CG has now already been bested by Deepfake.

The Luke/R2 scene from TLJ is probably the standout from the ST. Couldn't help but have the feels for that although the circumstances in general were depressing.

From TPM - Duel of the fates
AOTC - I rather like every phase of Obi-wan and Jango Fett's encounters, their little talk, the fight on the landing platform and the asteroid chase (''get 'im Dad, get 'im, fiaaaaa'' excepted)
ROTS - Obi-wan leaving Anakin on Mustafar and his ''you were my brother'' speech - if only saying it had made it so. Still, that bit in isolation basically played out as I imagined it would.

Last edited:
It?s not that hard for the diehard SW fan to think of the scenes that swell that emotion inside .....

1. ESB Vader and Luke end confrontation.
(You are not a Jedi yet)
2. ESB Yoda Lifting the Xwing to teach Luke. (That is why you fail)
3. ESB Asteroid Chase
4. ANH Prison escape / Leia Rescue
5. ANH Trench Run
6. ROTJ : Emperor convinces Luke to fight/ Space battle
7. RO: Final Battle/Death of Andor and Erso.
8. Duel of the Fates (we will find another way) Death of Maul.
9. TROS : Kylo and Rey Battle on DSII
10. TLJ Luke tricking Kylo and dying looking at the twin Suns.

There are many more but these are the ones I cannot look away when playing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Necro post. I was watching ROTJ the other day and I realized how impossible a list such as this is when considering Star Wars, ESB, ROTJ, RO, and The Mandalorian. I was thinking my favorite sequence might be Jabba's Palace/Barge Escape but how can I pick that when Vader isn't even involved? When I started thinking about all the cool Star Wars scenes/sequences, how to rank them, and what makes the list or what doesn't it's just too hard. There is just no other franchise with the imagination, visuals, characters, creatures, vehicles, and landscapes like Star Wars. No wonder it's so easy to get carried away when collecting the toys:)

In no particular order...

1. Epio fart
2. Jar Jar steps in crap
3. Sand speech
4. Are you an angel?
5. Spinning lightsabers for no reason
6. Speed running in only one movie
7. Noooooo-nooooo-ugh (the sounds Luke made after That's not true, that's impossible)
8. The entire ST
9. Anakin Padme love story
10. Any additional SE Jabba scenes

1. "I'm a Jedi, like my father before me." That sums it all up right there.
Rest are Dagobah Yoda, action scenes, done. All OT of course.

In no particular order...

1. Epio fart
2. Jar Jar steps in crap

Humor was never really George's strong suit. I think the jokes/subtle humor in The Mandalorian are best of the Star Wars franchise.

Although Jar Jar stepping in poo doo was definitely his personal best scene.

1. Epio fart

:yess: :lol

That was probably the most surreal moment I've ever had in a movie theater.

One year removed from graduating college and having spent 16 years intensely hoping/wishing for more SW movies, that TPM premier could not have been more highly anticipated. But about half an hour or so into the movie I was starting to wonder if we were all just being pranked. Then it happened! The fart.

It was like George Lucas was using that Eopie creature as a metaphor for himself. With an audience of so many lifelong fans, all admittedly taking SW way too seriously in our adulthood, sitting there waiting to be mesmerized, George/Eopie ripped that nice long one and turned to the camera with mischievous satisfaction.

Pee-yousa, indeed. Just . . . wow. Sixteen years expecting OT-level storytelling, but with advanced visual effects and production value. And George delivered Jar Jar Binks, then had him farted at. In a twisted meta way, it's actually incredibly awesome. :lol A worthy #1 for sure. :duff

One year removed from graduating college and having spent 16 years intensely hoping/wishing for more SW movies, that TPM premier could not have been more highly anticipated. But about half an hour or so into the movie I was starting to wonder if we were all just being pranked. Then it happened! The fart.

It was like George Lucas was using that Eopie creature as a metaphor for himself. With an audience of so many lifelong fans, all admittedly taking SW way too seriously in our adulthood, sitting there waiting to be mesmerized, George/Eopie ripped that nice long one and turned to the camera with mischievous satisfaction.

Pee-yousa, indeed. Just . . . wow. Sixteen years expecting OT-level storytelling, but with advanced visual effects and production value. And George delivered Jar Jar Binks, then had him farted at. In a twisted meta way, it's actually incredibly awesome. :lol A worthy #1 for sure. :duff

This is an awesome understanding of the PT.

George Lucas was using that Eopie creature as a metaphor for himself. With an audience of so many lifelong fans, all admittedly taking SW way too seriously in our adulthood

George was indeed farting at the audience.

But the last part is unfortunately true too.

It was the symbolic Battle of the angry-old Baby Boomer vs the Entitled Generation rising... and no one's the winner.

George was indeed farting at the audience.

But the last part is unfortunately true too.

It was the symbolic Battle of the angry-old Baby Boomer vs the Entitled Generation rising... and no one's the winner.

I didn't think a posterior release of gas could invoke such poetry. George was always a few steps ahead of us...and crop dusting us in his wake.

:lol :lol :lol

Back