Wonder Woman 1984 - 1/6th scale Wonder Woman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It really wasn't any better or worse than the first movie. The first movie is not very good even if most people want to pretend it is.

It really wasn't any better or worse than the first movie. The first movie is not very good even if most people want to pretend it is.

Idiots am I right? How dare they like something subjective like a movie.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do think the first movie might be a bit overrated, but it's still great and at least as good as most MCU films. I wouldn't put it up there with the higher-tier stuff like Spider-Man2, Dark Knight, and Winter Soldier though.

Right now I think I'd give the original a 9/10 and the sequel a 7/10. The story may have been sappy and cheesy as hell, but for whatever reason I was perfectly fine with that. I guess because I'm just a very sappy and cheesy kind of guy. :D

tumblr_ne6tif8KjD1sl21koo1_540.gifv

I do think the first movie might be a bit overrated, but it's still great and at least as good as most MCU films. I wouldn't put it up there with the higher-tier stuff like Spider-Man2, Dark Knight, and Winter Soldier though.

Right now I think I'd give the original a 9/10 and the sequel a 7/10. The story may have been sappy and cheesy as hell, but for whatever reason I was perfectly fine with that. I guess because I'm just a very sappy and cheesy kind of guy. :D

I agree it’s (the first WW) probably a bit overrated, but I’d say it’s in the top three of DCEU films and better than 75% of MCU films.

First movie is fantastic, one of the best super hero films for me. No Man's Land scene alone is top tier.

I loved the 1st movie. Obviously this is all personal opinion like everything in life. Superman and Batman are among my favorite heros but overall i think the DCEU has been very disappointing besides that 1st WW film (again just my opinion).

I watched the flick with some excitement since it was nice to have some kind of communal event like this during the pandemic. I really liked the first one, thought it was the only A from DC so far and on par with some of the Marvel origin flicks. Heard the WW84 reviews were mixed, which kinda helped to be honest as it made me watch it with tempered expectations.

I enjoyed it enough (maybe a 6 or 6.5/10), thought it was too long and saw clear points throughout that really could have been edited out. One of the best things about the 80s and 90s was that the best blockbusters stuck to a roughly 2-hour time frame. There were the rare exceptions but in general directors should be really wary about losing their audience with these 2 1/2 hour flicks.

Anyhow, to avoid having to use a spoiler tag I'll just say that the there were lots of non-payoffs (like the opening maybe could go
entirely) and the villain's were lacking at times. The genie premise made Max Lord's motivation a bit unclear after a certain point. But all that said I was still enjoying it enough to stick with it. I'd put it on par with Batman vs Superman or Aquaman, which seemed like the better DC universe movies for me.

I agree with your overall rating and assessment of the movie. Disappointed after the first outing was so strong but I was still entertained.

CGI was surprisingly bad in parts, how come they did not fix it during that year plus when the movie was delayed?

The one point you made about the first part needing to be removed - I disagree. I thought it was one of the more enjoyable parts to see the Themyscira and Young Diana.

You also mentioned there was no payoff for that scene - if I recall correctly, Antiope teaches Diana a lesson about heroes and lies which pays off later.

My memory is a little fuzzy, I plan on a 2nd viewing but I think that was the payoff.

Watched it the other night. Like many have said, has a goofy Superman '79 vibe that's kind of charming, but overall a weaker outing than the first with some continuity issues and dubious plot points. For me it's not memorably bad but wholly forgettable.

Watched it the other night. Like many have said, has a goofy Superman '79 vibe that's kind of charming, but overall a weaker outing than the first with some continuity issues and dubious plot points. For me it's not memorably bad but wholly forgettable.

Agreed. I am not sure I like it more than Amazing Spider-man 2. This movie is all of over the place, doesn't develop diana at all (I would argue she has the weakest arc in the movie.) Probably a 4/10, for some mild enjoyment scattered throughout.

The Themyscira opening is pretty terrible. It goes on forever, and after the contest she gets like 10 lines of advice covering truth, winning..ect....advice appropriate for a child but as an adult she has obviously learned. It's modern bad writing 101. Then the movie goes into the mall opening....so our movie spends the first 30+ minutes giving us two openings.

But I know people that love Spider-Man 3, or Amazing Spider-Man 2 or this movie, and there will always be fans for that stuff. This is empty minded popcorn to the max, with out main character sort of their for the ride.

Last edited:
This movie was a serious disappointment. That being said if this figure tanks out because people are turned off by the movie then I'll pick it up on the cheap. I don't have a Gadot WW on the shelves yet.

This movie was a serious disappointment. That being said if this figure tanks out because people are turned off by the movie then I'll pick it up on the cheap. I don't have a Gadot WW on the shelves yet.

I am thinking the same. The movie being not good, I can snag a WW if the production products look solid.

It's possible this might get discounted but I don't think reviews affect hot toys sales personally

Don't see it being discounted. It's the best regular armour Wonder Woman so far. A lot of us were waiting for a sculpted hair version to display with Cavill and Batfleck.

Honestly after watching the movie a couple times this sculpt just seems even more off to me now. I pray to god they don't use it on the Golden Armor version too... :pray:

Back