Wonder Woman 1984 - 1/6th scale Wonder Woman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think I'd like a battle-damaged WW (of course this may be asking for too much lol)

sBffDlU.png

Well yeah, but this wouldn't be the first time they switched both figures to the same sculpt. Just look at the Jyn figures.

I kind of hope they do because then it would be an easy pass. As it stands, because I disliked the movie - the GA Wonder Woman falls in "Suicide Squad territory" for me where I may love the figure(s) but again, not the movie. So in a way, and I know this is being selfish - I hope all WW84 figures turn out meh.

If this doesn't get enough preorders is it possible they could switch the head sculpt on this to the far superior Golden Armor version?

After the so called "bait and switch" with the Mark 85 not a chance

I don't understand why they wouldn't use the other sculpt though. They have to realize too that it's considerably better and would get more sales with it.

I don't understand why they wouldn't use the other sculpt though. They have to realize too that it's considerably better and would get more sales with it.

Nobody understands why Hot Toys does anything, I don't even think they understand sometimes. I have been collecting for 12 years and still have a several WTF moments with their decisions every year :lol

Yeah I'm sure they must have noticed how much more positive the reaction was to the Golden Armor sculpt, and would see the wisdom in using it for both figures... but like Subzro says you can never predict anything with HT. And I will not be surprised at all if we end up getting this crappier sculpt on both figures instead.

Fortunately I think the likeness would still work well enough with the helmet on, but you wouldn't be able to display the figure without it, or use it for any other WW figures.

Love this face sculpt even though the Golden Armor face sculpt is beyond incredible! They should just use the latter for both figures.
Went with this version as I wanted the classic Red and blue costume.

Love this face sculpt even though the Golden Armor face sculpt is beyond incredible! They should just use the latter for both figures.
Went with this version as I wanted the classic Red and blue costume.

I am hoping to swap the Golden Armor head onto a different figure.

And then use that older sculpt (or a knockoff 3rd party) on the golden armor with the helmet on.

I do not want to ruin the head (paint or hair) if the helmet is on. And with the helmet on, it obscures it enough where the accuracy to Gal Gadot will not matter as much.

I am hoping to swap the Golden Armor head onto a different figure.

And then use that older sculpt (or a knockoff 3rd party) on the golden armor with the helmet on.

I do not want to ruin the head (paint or hair) if the helmet is on. And with the helmet on, it obscures it enough where the accuracy to Gal Gadot will not matter as much.

What's your plan for her tiara (as the GA figure doesn't come with one)? Try and pick up one of the removable ones (that comes with this figure) on the secondary market?

What's your plan for her tiara (as the GA figure doesn't come with one)? Try and pick up one of the removable ones (that comes with this figure) on the secondary market?

What you mentioned (removable tiara) was one possibility although I have not done much due diligence on it yet.

Not sure how realistic this would be but I was hoping a company would release the white dress (when she goes on a date with Steve in WW84) so I could bash that with the golden armor head and a Phicen body - Mattel released the white dress barbie, I wonder if that dress is in scale to work. [emoji38]

A few years ago, I saw someone on FB bash a close approximation to the blue dress look in WW1 with the training armor sculpt (pic below from the other person on FB). I believe he used the blue Barbie dress but i ended up getting the widely available third party blue dress.

the one problem on mine is the sculpt is darker than the Phicen body but on the other collector, it matches. I got the same body he recommended but perhaps Phicen/TB league changed up their formula.

43a284a0b859ac704d7d330e8afd32d8.jpg

I have this doll and yes, it can be fitted on a phicen body!

Could you please tell what phicen body you purchased?

I used the TB League S02A for the blue dress but as I mentioned earlier, skin tone shades do not completely match.

Based on your recommendation, I might have to pick up that WW84 Barbie then - I've seen it as low as $48 but it mostly hovers around $69 on Amazon.

Could you please tell what phicen body you purchased?

I used the TB League S02A for the blue dress but as I mentioned earlier, skin tone shades do not completely match.

Based on your recommendation, I might have to pick up that WW84 Barbie then - I've seen it as low as $48 but it mostly hovers around $69 on Amazon.

I'm sorry I dont know which one exactly.. (I threw the box away) but she has smaller breasts. I checked the one you have and she has attached feet, mine are removable. She also came in an orange bikini.

I'm sorry I dont know which one exactly.. (I threw the box away) but she has smaller breasts. I checked the one you have and she has attached feet, mine are removable. She also came in an orange bikini.

Is it possible you got the TBLeague S33B?

I did a search for "S33B" at Giantoy (they have other versions at their store as well).

What store did you buy it from?

Back