1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fundamental problem with Rebel trooper is the human hs, you can guess the rest.
Yep, however you'd think because there doesn't have to be any particular likeness they could do a somewhat generic easy paintable headsculpt.
In any case, I guess a rebel is somewhat easy to custom build from all the 1/6 army stuff out there.

However I'd love a unique look like that dude with the radio above, with "goggles on hat" look and gloves etc. That's they type of stuff which is difficult to do custom.

If the likeness license is an issue, they can use my likeness. Hear me Howard.
How cool would that be !!

I guess in theory 3D scanning tech is getting close to able to create a good scan of your head and then simply 3D print it.

It's just the painting which is the issue.

Now you've got me thinking though....

With one headsculpt you could get some pretty cool personal figure pics. Jedi mini-me, Stormtrooper mini-me, Vader mini-me :ROFLMAO:

andorsplash.jpg

Andor's main look from the black series line... Will HT attempt this? Not going to work that well as a R1 stand in.
6mf0d9.jpg
6mfe20.jpg

Last edited:
It’s the same look as in the trailer though isn’t it ?

I wouldn’t be too worried about a coat. My Star Lord and Hondo coats are fine. But sure it depends on the climate where you live.

My guess is we’ll get to his Rogue One look in S2.

Crossing fingers for his RO look being featured toward the end of season 2. If we're getting him in (one of) his season 1 outfit(s), we'll be a lot closer to completing RO team.

I wonder if HT will just straight up release a Rogue One version. The most difficult part is the head sculpt and they will have it for Andor. It shouldn't be too much work to sell the Rogue One version

With space and the cost of figures now, I would only get the rogue one look. Odds are, I’ll hate the show if the KK trend continues. These shows aren’t for me. But, I love rogue one and would get 2 cassian figures, his jedha parka look and his normal outfit.

With space and the cost of figures now, I would only get the rogue one look. Odds are, I’ll hate the show if the KK trend continues. These shows aren’t for me. But, I love rogue one and would get 2 cassian figures, his jedha parka look and his normal outfit.
The only small glimmer of hope I have is that Gilroy doesn't do kids films.

For me Fett and Kenobi were forced (probably by KK and Disney) to appeal to all 4 quadrants of the viewing public (i.e both male and female, and both over- and under-25s) to maximise Disney+ membership. This is what made them unappealing to most of us adults.

Going by the trailer Andor looks the most grown up of all things we've seen since Rogue One, showrun by a grown up no nonsense director and utilising real sets and not a little Volume stage. Which don't get me wrong brings a lot, but can make scenes seem smaller.

All this paired with a clear 2 season layout where they know what stories and character development can happen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still going into this with low expectations, however I'd like to think this has a decent chance of appealing to us adults.

Totally with you. But knowing me I'll probably get the first one to be sure I have at least one if the second version doesn't look like it'll be made.

Then end up with 2 post S2 :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

However with the leadtimes Hot Toys have, we probably have time to wait and decide. Then again if pre-orders are low for S1 they may take that as lack of interest and not do a S2 version.

I hate Hot Toys and this hobby sometimes !!!

The only small glimmer of hope I have is that Gilroy doesn't do kids films.

For me Fett and Kenobi were forced (probably by KK and Disney) to appeal to all 4 quadrants of the viewing public (i.e both male and female, and both over- and under-25s) to maximise Disney+ membership. This is what made them unappealing to most of us adults.

Going by the trailer Andor looks the most grown up of all things we've seen since Rogue One, showrun by a grown up no nonsense director and utilising real sets and not a little Volume stage. Which don't get me wrong brings a lot, but can make scenes seem smaller.

All this paired with a clear 2 season layout where they know what stories and character development can happen.

Don't get me wrong, I'm still going into this with low expectations, however I'd like to think this has a decent chance of appealing to us adults.
Don’t get me wrong, I hope the show is amazing and I hope I love every minute of it. I’m just going in with zero expectations. I just hope it’s not another babysitter show where he has to take care of a kid. That is laziest type of writing. It doesn’t seem to be, but I don’t trust KK. Personally, I just hoped for cassian, saw, and baze from rogue one.
Even though collections are built on hope, my hope is gone for them.

Don’t get me wrong, I hope the show is amazing and I hope I love every minute of it. I’m just going in with zero expectations. I just hope it’s not another babysitter show where he has to take care of a kid. That is laziest type of writing. It doesn’t seem to be, but I don’t trust KK. Personally, I just hoped for cassian, saw, and baze from rogue one.
Even though collections are built on hope, my hope is gone for them.
Hopefully K2S0 makes his introduction at least at the end of season 1 so that we can enjoy his banter through season 2.

I have low expectations for Andor and don't know if they will make many figures based on the teaser.

I had low expectations for Kenobi figures before the show started but now I want most of the characters except 3rd sister.

Hopefully K2S0 makes his introduction at least at the end of season 1 so that we can enjoy his banter through season 2.
Based on the articles circulating around, I don't think he will be. I was really disappointed initially because I wanted the K2 figure to be reissued. HT provided the therapy in the form of the KX figure.

Back