1/6 Hot Toys - Star Wars: Rogue One - Assault Tank Commander Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I was hesitant on this. The sale and promo code together secured my decision.

I sold my tank Commander last week and it arrived to the buyer with shattered hips. No idea how, but I had to refund him after it arrived back to me.
But. I had always wanted to do a repaint of one of these. And as I had to pop all the armour off to fix the hips, it gave me the opportunity to do it.
I went with a simple imperial all white scheme. I painted a couple of small pieces black on the helmet(But I left the “phone hang-up” symbol white, as that gets on my nerves, lol). The biggest issue I had was painting the belt pieces as I masked off the webbing part.
If anyone ever intends to repaint this with the armour off, it’s quite though to remove. And I realised early on I was never getting his lid apart without breaking it. So I just masked off the visor and sprayed the rest in situ.
I replaced his trousers with patrol trooper trousers and made him a repulsor pack.
I had one paint error on the right shoulder pauldron and one on the left. He has a small rub on the helmet that i added myself and while I may add more weathering later I want to try and keep him more pristine than normal troopers as he’s stationed on the imperial capital.
He is now Commander Apollo of The Imperial Coruscant Airborne Patrol.

Attachments

• IMG_1632.jpeg
    IMG_1632.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1635.jpeg
    IMG_1635.jpeg
    2.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1636.jpeg
    IMG_1636.jpeg
  • IMG_1637.jpeg
    IMG_1637.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1638.jpeg
    IMG_1638.jpeg
    3.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1641.jpeg
    IMG_1641.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1642.jpeg
    IMG_1642.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1631.jpeg
    IMG_1631.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1644.jpeg
    IMG_1644.jpeg
I sold my tank Commander last week and it arrived to the buyer with shattered hips. No idea how, but I had to refund him after it arrived back to me.
But. I had always wanted to do a repaint of one of these. And as I had to pop all the armour off to fix the hips, it gave me the opportunity to do it.
I went with a simple imperial all white scheme. I painted a couple of small pieces black on the helmet(But I left the “phone hang-up” symbol white, as that gets on my nerves, lol). The biggest issue I had was painting the belt pieces as I masked off the webbing part.
If anyone ever intends to repaint this with the armour off, it’s quite though to remove. And I realised early on I was never getting his lid apart without breaking it. So I just masked off the visor and sprayed the rest in situ.
I replaced his trousers with patrol trooper trousers and made him a repulsor pack.
I had one paint error on the right shoulder pauldron and one on the left. He has a small rub on the helmet that i added myself and while I may add more weathering later I want to try and keep him more pristine than normal troopers as he’s stationed on the imperial capital.
He is now Commander Apollo of The Imperial Coruscant Airborne Patrol.
How'd you get that gloss white look? It's really impressive.

How'd you get that gloss white look? It's really impressive.
Thanks. It's actually just white primer. Quite matte when you see it in person.
I’ve added some small smudges. One on each pauldron, one on the left of the chest and one on the helmet.
I have three more on the way and an interested party for this one(Although FB buyers don’t always come through). So I might have a go at another repaint. I really like this armour pristine.

Attachments

• IMG_1765.jpeg
    IMG_1765.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_1764.jpeg
    IMG_1764.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 0
Thanks. It's actually just white primer. Quite matte when you see it in person.
I’ve added some small smudges. One on each pauldron, one on the left of the chest and one on the helmet.
I have three more on the way and an interested party for this one(Although FB buyers don’t always come through). So I might have a go at another repaint. I really like this armour pristine.
I really like what you've done with it. That newly minted look harkens back to the peak era of the empire...
On my part I'm trying to custom a shoretrooper deserter...Bought a spare shoretrooper to work on. Was thinking of getting a 1/6 poncho to pair up the whole on-the-run look with damaged armor.

I really like what you've done with it. That newly minted look harkens back to the peak era of the empire...
On my part I'm trying to custom a shoretrooper deserter...Bought a spare shoretrooper to work on. Was thinking of getting a 1/6 poncho to pair up the whole on-the-run look with damaged armor.
That sounds really cool. I’m tempted to try that with a shore trooper. I bet they would look amazing in white.
I made a little cape for the tank Commander and posted the pics above, but are some:

Attachments

• cfa3f1b1-97aa-492a-b206-676655a35c74.jpeg
    cfa3f1b1-97aa-492a-b206-676655a35c74.jpeg
    135.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6006.jpeg
    IMG_6006.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5999.jpeg
    IMG_5999.jpeg
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5982.jpeg
    IMG_5982.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_5975.jpeg
    IMG_5975.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
That sounds really cool. I’m tempted to try that with a shore trooper. I bet they would look amazing in white.
I made a little cape for the tank Commander and posted the pics above, but are some:
hot damn, any star wars trooper with a cape/poncho automatically become ultra awesome! Those NVGs look perfect on him!

hot damn, any star wars trooper with a cape/poncho automatically become ultra awesome! Those NVGs look perfect on him!
Thanks. I have a guy in the UK who makes custom figures and I make cloaks and capes for him. So I’ve made the occasional one for myself too.
I had a ballistic helmet for a contemporary military figure where the helmet broke and I took the NVGs for this guy.
My three tank commanders arrived today. So I’ll maybe try some kamas and cloaks on one.

Attachments

• IMG_1078.jpeg
    IMG_1078.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Back