1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The real suicide squad :monkey2

I do agree with @Khev 's assessment of the ending, but I still wish at least Jynn escaped, since I felt so bad for her in that she was killed by her father's weapon; but of course that's probably part of the intended feelings.
I was totally shocked we didn't get the predictably stupid Hollywood nonsensical kissing scene right at the end. I guess not having Lucas directing and writing saved us from that nonsense.

These Final Hours (2013):

Rogue One:

I think These Final Hours did it better. There was more awe in the drama of the event, before both films faded to white at the moment of obliteration.

View attachment 536829

Rogue One:

View attachment 536830

I think These Final Hours did it better. There was more awe in the drama of the event, before both films faded to white at the moment of obliteration.
Actually looking only at the clip These Final Hours did it the typical over done silly Hollywood way. I am glad Rouge One showed some intelligence and not do the typical Hollywood ending.

Actually looking only at the clip These Final Hours did it the typical over done silly Hollywood way. I am glad Rouge One showed some intelligence and not do the typical Hollywood ending.

These Final Hours did it the Australian way.

I liked the Australian way better.

That's how Australians say goodbye.

It's like the Austrian way, except you don't remember much after the kiss.

maxresdefault.jpg

View attachment 536829

Rogue One:

View attachment 536830

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/a9/f0/4b/a9f04bf3d0ad4a7eb0e7c16b5e458732.jpgIt's a recurring visual theme...
5log5m.gif

5lo9u8.gif

5mpyy9.gif

5loate.gif

But none of those really came to mind (for me) while seeing R1, for me it was the 1986 Watchmen Comic; specifically the (Hiroshima atomic bomb and 80s NYC Shadowman-graffiti reference) and visual, where I saw it first, that had really solidified that image into my zeitgeist...
LZQ9xoG.png

Or those that didn't read the comic, got it from the movie later...
5lojbz.gif

Which is what I was instantly thinking of when I saw the scene R1
5mpyls.gif

Last edited:
A nightmare limbless Bacta-Tank Vader illuminated display.
2FR8oNO.png

tumblr_on8dmzWJPG1uagtz0o1_1280.jpg

Vader-Body.png
6a4jn7.gif

6a5aek.gif

7605c7cf-ba3a-4dbd-8003-fe303e29452b-jpeg.576480

I wonder if they will revisit this visual in the Obi-Wan series.
If we may finally get it as a Tank Display piece and "figure" (I use that term loosely since it'd have no limbs :lol ), although if the limbs are included separately in some kind of maintenance-rack, would be great. :wink1:

This image more than the ESB meditation chamber(although I would get that too), or him climbing off the Frankenstein lab table in ROTS, really best captured the horror movie aspect of the character.
And a display of it would remind me of the old Aurora monster models.

Last edited:
6a4jn7.gif

6a5aek.gif

I wonder if they will revisit this visual in the Obi-Wan series.
If we may finally get it as a Tank Display piece and "figure" (I use that term loosely since it'd have no limbs :lol ), although if the limbs are included separately in some kind of maintenance-rack, would be great. :wink1:

This image more than the ESB meditation chamber(although I would get that too), or him climbing off the Frankenstein lab table in ROTS, really best captured the horror movie aspect of the character.
And a display of it would remind me of the old Aurora monster models.
Probably wouldn't be that hard to make yourself. Some frosted acrylic tubing with a light from below. 3D printed base and 3D printed figure/ or dremeled curt down 1/6 body wouldn't even need to be well painted due to the frosted tubing making it not so clear to see.

Sure need some skills and a 3D printer. But totally possible.

Last edited:
Probably wouldn't be that hard to make yourself. Some frosted acrylic tubing with a light from below. 3D printed base and 3D printed figure/ or dremeled curt down 1/6 body wouldn't even need to be well painted due to the frosted tubing making it not so clear to see.

Sure need some skills and a 3D printer. But not totally impossible.
Yeah, I'm not making one from scratch, base or 3D printed figure.
And, part of what I'd want is...
...the limbs included separately in some kind of maintenance-rack, would be great. :wink1:
Some form of removable limbs, to display detached while he's in the tank.

Imagine similar structure and detail worked into the Batman Armory as a comparison. Yet for Vader, instead of a suit hanging there it's his actual torso. (in an illuminated tank).
Surrounded by racks of detached elements of his armor, helmet, breathing apparatus, and mechanical limbs.
Would make a great display.

Again hopefully if this is somewhat revisited in the Obi-Wan series. They might give the full concept a second look.
6a5aek.gif

6fqf3f.gif

Last edited:

Sure need some skills and a 3D printer. But not totally impossible.
I think I smell a new project

9f52e888-559b-4efe-8041-f0e33cbca60d-jpeg.585178
View attachment 585178

The Baze Malbus Club will reconvene in 2026 for the 10th anniversary of Rogue One.

Would’ve kept Chirrut had they made Baze, but it didn’t feel right to have one without the other.
Don't know if Andor series will be enough to trigger a revisit to finish the R1 line.
And Andor's own S1 look(s) seem so different, wouldn't even be compatible.

Maybe by the end of S2 as it transitions to connect to R1, yet will HTs interest be there?

Last edited:
Because they couldn’t just give us a rogue one baze and cassian. I’m so sick of hot toys showing awesome prototypes and then they end up in the graveyard. The same with clone wars kenobi. Without him my clone wars shelf with Rex, anakin, and ahsoka is incomplete.
Cassian was the male hero lead and baze should have been announced with chirrut.
I don’t really want a cassian from a show that will most likely ruin rogue one and cassian. I have zero faith that KK can produce a good show and not emasculate the male lead.
I don’t know why I’m so irrationally angry about toys. I need help.

Because they couldn’t just give us a rogue one baze and cassian. I’m so sick of hot toys showing awesome prototypes and then they end up in the graveyard. The same with clone wars kenobi. Without him my clone wars shelf with Rex, anakin, and ahsoka is incomplete.
Cassian was the male hero lead and baze should have been announced with chirrut.
I don’t really want a cassian from a show that will most likely ruin rogue one and cassian. I have zero faith that KK can produce a good show and not emasculate the male lead.
I don’t know why I’m so irrationally angry about toys. I need help.
Don't worry mate you're not alone !! I also could not believe that they did not do a Cassian for Rogue One. It just seemed totally illogical.

I'm sure he will have several looks in the show. Remember there are two seasons, with the second season leading right up to Rogue One. So the chances of him having the same outfit at some point should be pretty high. If Hot Toys goes with the first outfit, rather than waiting is another issue. Let's just hope that they get some pre-info from Disney on the costumes so they know what's coming.

I also saw that Star Wars Meg video showing KK as the main producer, and had exactly the same thought as you. I mean considering her track record with meddling in the script etc our fears are definitely warranted !! If it was only Tony Gilroy I'd think he would stick up for the story, but with several other writers anythings possible. At least with Gilroy as showrunner he presumably has signiifcant say in the script etc.

I guess like anything we'll need to go into this with low expectations, and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

And as far as a Hot Toys Cassian. We'll buy whatever we're given. High chance of a Mon Monthma too no doubt.

Don't know if Andor series will be enough to trigger a revisit to finish the R1 line.
And Andor's own S1 look(s) seem so different, wouldn't even be compatible.
Need to start reposting some Baze pics in the FB comments I think.

Maybe only a 1% chance that Baze and Chirrut make a cameo somehow in the 2 seasons. But it would be in Disney's best interest to use some connective tissue for some press/chatter and also so the normies can relate to them, subscribe to Disney to see the show etc etc.

But yeah would love him to round out the main crew.

Considering the 2 seasons I reckon we could have a good chance of getting a Saw Gurerra as well.

https://www.ign.com/articles/forest-whitaker-return-saw-gerrera-star-wars-cassian-andor-disney-plus

Don't worry mate you're not alone !! I also could not believe that they did not do a Cassian for Rogue One. It just seemed totally illogical.

I'm sure he will have several looks in the show. Remember there are two seasons, with the second season leading right up to Rogue One. So the chances of him having the same outfit at some point should be pretty high. If Hot Toys goes with the first outfit, rather than waiting is another issue. Let's just hope that they get some pre-info from Disney on the costumes so they know what's coming.

I also saw that Star Wars Meg video showing KK as the main producer, and had exactly the same thought as you. I mean considering her track record with meddling in the script etc our fears are definitely warranted !! If it was only Tony Gilroy I'd think he would stick up for the story, but with several other writers anythings possible. At least with Gilroy as showrunner he presumably has signiifcant say in the script etc.

I guess like anything we'll need to go into this with low expectations, and hopefully be pleasantly surprised.

And as far as a Hot Toys Cassian. We'll buy whatever we're given. High chance of a Mon Monthma too no doubt.
I agree 100%. I just hope we get the rogue one look. It would be a shame if the show sucks and we are stuck with a cassian nobody buys and hot toys thinks it’s because of the character and not the show. The rogue one line needs cassian, saw, and baze.

I agree 100%. I just hope we get the rogue one look. It would be a shame if the show sucks and we are stuck with a cassian nobody buys and hot toys thinks it’s because of the character and not the show. The rogue one line needs cassian, saw, and baze.
Yep spot on. Guess who created this thread ! :ROFLMAO:

Back