1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don’t get me wrong, I hope the show is amazing and I hope I love every minute of it. I’m just going in with zero expectations. I just hope it’s not another babysitter show where he has to take care of a kid. That is laziest type of writing. It doesn’t seem to be, but I don’t trust KK. Personally, I just hoped for cassian, saw, and baze from rogue one.
Even though collections are built on hope, my hope is gone for them.
I'd get these in a heartbeat, as would many others I think. The only problem I see is that many on here sold their Rogue One figures. However that said those people who bought them still would have an interest in the full team. So it's all about what's out there in the wild.

Cassian, Saw, Baze, Mon Mothma and a Rebel would be my wish list. Oh and a Tarkin re-issue !!!

Do you know the key to collecting Hot Toys friend? It is patience. Collectors cannot help what they are. Their addiction leaves a trail. Placing orders is like an itch, they cannot help it.....
Yes of course. But here in Europe it's not necessarily as easy as that. Sideshow import and shipping costs to Europe are ridiculous, local shops are very expensive and up until recently Chinese sellers would increase prices over pre-order price on release. So waiting could become a lot more expensive when trying to find a figure for retail price on release in Europe.

Anyway I'll be willing to try and play that game with Andor considering the second season.

Based on the articles circulating around, I don't think he will be. I was really disappointed initially because I wanted the K2 figure to be reissued. HT provided the therapy in the form of the KX figure.

That is disappointing to hear. How K2 is captured and reprogrammed would make for a good backstory. His personality was a big part of Rogue One, for me.

Hope we get a Tarkin reissue from Andor S1.
Oh me too !!! He's the one that got away for me. So I'd definitely be in for him. Considering the re-use of headsculpts and the high praise for that particular headsculpt surely Hot Toys have to know it would sell. For the investment (next to zero) they'd pretty easily make some money.

Has Tarkin been confirmed at all ? Considering no CGI for young Anakin maybe they'll avoid that ? Although you'd think with that Farook guy they hired and all the work they did for Rogue One, doing the deep-fake for Rogue One should be doable.

Oh me too !!! He's the one that got away for me. So I'd definitely be in for him. Considering the re-use of headsculpts and the high praise for that particular headsculpt surely Hot Toys have to know it would sell. For the investment (next to zero) they'd pretty easily make some money.

Has Tarkin been confirmed at all ? Considering no CGI for young Anakin maybe they'll avoid that ? Although you'd think with that Farook guy they hired and all the work they did for Rogue One, doing the deep-fake for Rogue One should be doable.
He's not confirmed, I just watched the StarWars Meg update today. It does make sense for him to show up and she's not the only one to report it. I don't think the big bad has been revealed yet.

He's not confirmed, I just watched the StarWars Meg update today. It does make sense for him to show up and she's not the only one to report it. I don't think the big bad has been revealed yet.
Let's hope he is the big bad. That would be amazing. But I guess they wouldn't go into that if it meant a lot of CGI.

He would chase rebellion in general, or a troublesome rebel cell, but not an individual rebel even with his minions.

Tarkin doesn't need to show up for a lot of screen time. He can just be Admiral Tarkin and show up for a few minutes. HT will hopefully make him based on that. HT sees the after market prices of K2 and they made the KX quickly. They can do the same with Tarkin as long as he shows up.

Tarkin doesn't need to show up for a lot of screen time. He can just be Admiral Tarkin and show up for a few minutes. HT will hopefully make him based on that. HT sees the after market prices of K2 and they made the KX quickly. They can do the same with Tarkin as long as he shows up.
This.

All their D&D is done, and they know exactly how to re-use a headsculpt :ROFLMAO:

Easy money for them, even at lower volumes.

5E536880-1A90-469C-9977-02B9E37F20C2.png

Bane! Nice. Anyone’s interested?

Let's hope he is the big bad. That would be amazing. But I guess they wouldn't go into that if it meant a lot of CGI.
I have a feeling the big bad in this show might be Stellen Skarsgaard’s character. The leaks are very sparse on this show, unlike Kenobi where the entire plot of each episode leaked months in advance.

What’s Thrawn up to at this point in Disney canon? EU Thrawn is my canon. It might be a good idea to introduce him in this show before his appearance in Ahsoka, and see him in his prime Empire days.

Gideon and Krennic also rumoured for the show. Would love to see both again. Krennic for obvious reasons, and Gideon for the same reason as Thrawn, see them in their prime. Really hoping to see Werner Herzog again personally, and seeing more background of that character. Plus I’m a huge Werner Herzog fanboy and desperate for a Hot Toys.

What are your guesses for Summer Showcase Phase 2? Last year, it was DX Mando Luke. I am guessing it is another popular character. One of Vader, Mace or Padme. If it is the Vader that they are currently displaying, it would be a massive let down for me.

I have a feeling the big bad in this show might be Stellen Skarsgaard’s character. The leaks are very sparse on this show, unlike Kenobi where the entire plot of each episode leaked months in advance.

What’s Thrawn up to at this point in Disney canon? EU Thrawn is my canon. It might be a good idea to introduce him in this show before his appearance in Ahsoka, and see him in his prime Empire days.

Gideon and Krennic also rumoured for the show. Would love to see both again. Krennic for obvious reasons, and Gideon for the same reason as Thrawn, see them in their prime. Really hoping to see Werner Herzog again personally, and seeing more background of that character. Plus I’m a huge Werner Herzog fanboy and desperate for a Hot Toys.
Yeah you could be right there with Stellen Skarsgaard, he's the typical villain type.

I did also think of Thrawn but then thought he's more for Ahsoka's show and arc. But I guess introducing him here could payoff in the future.

A Werner Herzog cameo would be perfect. If only for the normies to have their aha moment, with connective tissue back to Mando S1.

What are your guesses for Summer Showcase Phase 2? Last year, it was DX Mando Luke. I am guessing it is another popular character. One of Vader, Mace or Padme. If it is the Vader that they are currently displaying, it would be a massive let down for me.
Obi-Wan Vader has to have the opened mask. I'm sure that is simply a Rogue One Vader on some different stand they have shown at all the cons in the last months. You can tell by the big front cod-piece.

I'm sure they'll reveal the mask etc as a surprise to get everyone talking. No way in hell they would release an Obi-Wan with rocks and not have a defeated Vader coming.

Back