1/6 Hot Toys 1/6 Rogue One Orson Krennic

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2022.09.29-08.15-boundingintocomics-6335542a19b2c.jpg

FZGOctnWAAIhxWC.jpg:large

Dedra Meero is going more with the trench coat, though if she keeps getting promotions, and gliding over the corpses left in her wake, I can see her rokin' the cape too!

Last edited:
2022.09.29-08.15-boundingintocomics-6335542a19b2c.jpg

FZGOctnWAAIhxWC.jpg:large

Dedra Meero is going more with the trench coat, though if she keeps getting promotions, and gliding over the corpses left in her wake, I can see her rokin' the cape too!

I don't really like the trench coat look on the Imperial (or First Order) officers as it gives off too much of an Earth-vibe, especially with the large collars and lapels. I think the Krennic rain poncho looks much better and more in line with Imperial sartorial choices.

Interesting that one of the Death Troopers is rocking a different kind of pauldron. I think that's worthy of another re-release!

Also, incidentally that top picture is the foot-bridge to the Crossrail station at Canary Wharf - I'd walk along there on lunchbreaks to get to the east-meets-west garden on the top. I wonder if the Empire kept the poetry dispenser... Nice to see anyway!

I don't really like the trench coat look on the Imperial (or First Order) officers as it gives off too much of an Earth-vibe, especially with the large collars and lapels. I think the Krennic rain poncho looks much better and more in line with Imperial sartorial choices.

Interesting that one of the Death Troopers is rocking a different kind of pauldron. I think that's worthy of another re-release!

Also, incidentally that top picture is the foot-bridge to the Crossrail station at Canary Wharf - I'd walk along there on lunchbreaks to get to the east-meets-west garden on the top. I wonder if the Empire kept the poetry dispenser... Nice to see anyway!
We have hoodies and wool jumpers in SW now, along with neck ties, so anything can be SW.

We have hoodies and wool jumpers in SW now, along with neck ties, so anything can be SW.
Thinking back to the original Star Wars in 1977 ... one of the things that captured my imagination (more like permanently imprinted it LOL) as a kid was that many of the clothes were clearly recognizable, just a bit different. Nothing in the Andor wardrobe department has taken me out of it yet. I actually like the trenchcoats.

Thinking back to the original Star Wars in 1977 ... one of the things that captured my imagination (more like permanently imprinted it LOL) as a kid was that many of the clothes were clearly recognizable, just a bit different. Nothing in the Andor wardrobe department has taken me out of it yet. I actually like the trenchcoats.
Yeah. The more of "our" clothing i see on SW, just endears it to me more. It shows the SW universe has just as many normal clothing choices as we have.

I don't really like the trench coat look on the Imperial (or First Order) officers as it gives off too much of an Earth-vibe, especially with the large collars and lapels.

I get what you're saying, but I disagree personally. I think it's a perfect fit, just as many uniforms, costumes, weapons, devices, and other props can trace their designs directly to or inspired by real world counterparts.

Star Wars already takes so much from a grounded WWII aesthetic that seeing trench coats doesn't feel very farfetched. I would believe they were always around but the OT just never took place in an area that needed them.

They've been doing consistently excellent work with the Dark Times era costume design. One of my favorites that's not talked about much is the Imperial Emigration Officer uniform, which strikes a perfect balance between real world historical and Star Wars for me.

soloimperialcostumes.jpg
IE.jpg

I get what you're saying, but I disagree personally. I think it's a perfect fit, just as many uniforms, costumes, weapons, devices, and other props can trace their designs directly to or inspired by real world counterparts.

Star Wars already takes so much from a grounded WWII aesthetic that seeing trench coats doesn't feel very farfetched. I would believe they were always around but the OT just never took place in an area that needed them.

They've been doing consistently excellent work with the Dark Times era costume design. One of my favorites that's not talked about much is the Imperial Emigration Officer uniform, which strikes a perfect balance between real world historical and Star Wars for me.

View attachment 604570View attachment 604571
A good point and the trench coats really evoke the kind of Gestapo vibe I think they're going for. I think it's just down to my personal preference - I think it's the large lapels I don't like. In contrast, for example, that concept Imperial gunner is perfect!

I think the Imperial uniforms originally had more in common with the more simple tunics of the WWI German officer uniforms than the more ornate uniforms worn by the Nazis in WWII (lots of pockets and shiny buttons). Obviously there were lots of variations depending on time, location, unit, and occasion.

WWI: ______________________________________________________________ WWII:
1666782750479.png
1666783383216.png

Last edited:
Tangentially related but for those who are interested, following up on my post above, I did some digging and found an archived blog for sw.com that said Mollo based the Imperial uniforms on those of Prussian Uhlan lancers who were still active in WWI.

https://web.archive.org/web/2020061...from-world-war-to-star-wars-imperial-officers
and another article:

https://nationalclothing.org/696-st...he-imperial-people-based-on-nazi-uniform.html
Here's an image of a modern recreation next to Ozzel:

1666800064833.png
1666800807108.png

Here are a few more (one holding a DL-44) ;-)

1666800326292.png
1666800272571.png
1666800179315.png
1666800633327.png
1666800249763.png
1666800594872.png

Very interesting.

It's a shame the Empire didn't go in for the same kind of hat though...

Last edited:
Back