1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: here for his thread.

Do you have a source, citation, quote, link for that, thanks!

Absolutely, when R1 showcased the Yavin base, it felt like the A New Hope camera just suddenly turned in a different direction, this franchise came to life again.
Don't know if Andor Rebels will be stationed on Yavin, Dantooine, or somewhere new, but I love seeing more of this era's Rebels.

Honestly (although people joked about it) I wished the Rogues had their own trilogy , laced between the OT.
R1, then 2. between ANH and ESB the Ord Mantell incident, spy mission and chase which leads to their ensconcing into planet Hoth. Then 3. between ESB and ROTJ obviously the Bothan Spy incident, recruiting them, and their sacrifice. Making (the non Jedi focused war arc) lost Rebel Spies and Rogues, it's own trilogy.
Don't know how much of those gaps were covered in ancillary material, but done right, would have made terrific film content.
THIS !! Thinking about how the Lost Stars novel worked giving us a different viewpoint from Imperial side on known events, and also to an extent what Filoni did with the final episodes of Clone Wars dovetailing in with events of Ep3.

It'd be excellent to see from a rebel perspective. Rogue Squadron would be better placed where you suggest imo. Dealing with their own struggles with the known events coming from their perspective. Would be pretty cool I reckon.

If saw is in the cassian show, then I would guess two tubes would be with him.

Attachments

• 555FB302-E36B-466F-8F85-F948FF9B0A99.jpeg
    555FB302-E36B-466F-8F85-F948FF9B0A99.jpeg
    36.9 KB · Views: 27
The real suicide squad :monkey2

I do agree with @Khev 's assessment of the ending, but I still wish at least Jynn escaped, since I felt so bad for her in that she was killed by her father's weapon; but of course that's probably part of the intended feelings.
Feeling bad for her is what makes it a better ending IMO. No way she could have escaped anyway. :lol

The real suicide squad :monkey2

I do agree with @Khev 's assessment of the ending, but I still wish at least Jynn escaped, since I felt so bad for her in that she was killed by her father's weapon; but of course that's probably part of the intended feelings.
I know they had to wrap up any loose ends before ANH, but it was a shame Jyn had to die.

She lives on with my three Hot Toys.

The next worst thing about the ending is that it looked like it was taken too closely from the end of the film, These Final Hours.

The similarity is so strong it diminished the impact too.

I know they had to wrap up any loose ends before ANH, but it was a shame Jyn had to die.

She lives on with my three Hot Toys.

The next worst thing about the ending is that it looked like it was taken too closely from the end of the film, These Final Hours.

The similarity is so strong it diminished the impact too.
I agree it was a shame that she had to die. But it was so refreshing to finally get a "good" Star Wars film, especially because there was no childish humor added, that the film is one of my favorites in the SW series. Throw in the fact that it was rather dark and not cutesy and it won me over immediately. I actually stood in the theater and clapped as the credits rolled...

Besides Cassian, Bodhi, and Saw, others I'd consider ....will never happen.
The Tube Bros.
13WPuzO.jpg

tumblr_oppqfo5yZZ1r3v33jo2_540.gifv

tumblr_ooqgrl7BmM1r3v33jo3_500.gif
Two-Tubes escaped Jehda in his secret starship, the Slave Two.
(Now called Starship 2)
What, he escaped alone? What about his bro?:crying
tumblr_oppqfo5yZZ1r3v33jo2_540.gifv

13WPuzO.jpg

Although they didn't show it, I do like to imagine a lot of Saw's partisans got away on ships, including the Tube Bros., Moroff, and the character played by Warwick Davis...
giphy.gif

Not sure why Saw chose to stay, seemed consumed by paranoia, and with the fight out of him, I guess he felt he'd finally passed the dream to Jyn.

Last edited:
Back