1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

Well we all went into this hoping they weren’t just bringing them all back to finally knock em off, but.....seems that was the plan. So lazy writing, yes, but yeah BDW and Chewie gotsta go. :lecture

The rumours while TLJ was in production was they'd turn up on the Island and confront Luke and Rey.
What a waste and the biggest thing lacking in the ST is a decent villian or threat to the Rebels.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
I really expected/looked forward to a big confrontation on the island, that's why TLJ surprised me so much with how it played out. I have alot of faith in JJ and episode 9, at least when it comes to great action moments.

The Knights rumour had my imagination going similarly to how I imagined the Anakin Obi-Wan duel. The actual due I awesome but the imagination is always better.

Ha
I met billy dee at Boston comic con recently and told him that if lando dies, we riot. He laughed and zipped his lips.

Seriously, killing the legacy characters like Luke, han, and even akbar (offscreen) was like killing Mickey Mouse or Winnie the Pooh. Certain characters shouldn’t be killed. There were millions of ways to get them onscreen for nostalgia and then get them out of the way to let the new characters shine. Ren shouldn’t have been a Solo. It should have just been a new trilogy. That is what I will always believe. For me, it is just expanded universe like the vong and the old books. Kudos to those that love the new movies.

Expanded Universe to me too.
It just doesn't fit imo with the rest of the films. I struggled with a lot of the PT but I could at least follow the gist of the arc that was trying to lead to 77 Star Wars.

Ep7 was a bit detached, the direction of 8 just unhinged it completely.

Chewbacca was once killed by a falling meteorite. That was as Canon as Luke projecting himself to me, and Leia flying through space.

As you say though it's great for those who feel this is a continuation.

Man Star Wars was so much more fun when Rogue One was out. People pretty much liked it, there was optimism for where the new trilogy was going, Hot Toys was giving Star Wars some real figure love. Now I think we'll be lucky to even get Lando, let alone any of the other Rogue One characters.

That said I would like to get this thread to 100 pages though. Would be kinda nice !

100+ pages to show support for these figures! I will continue to hold my breath for a Krennic. Deathstar Trooper too... I have “Hope”
Makes me think that the DST was in support of RO as in timing of the proto with the other figures :dunno

Chewie dying in the books was also ridiculous. I did enjoy Han’s drunken bender after his death. That should have been chewie’s role in last Jedi. Getting drunk with Luke and a few porgs. Maybe hit on a certain milk giving alien...

Im not sure if Hot Toys stalking this forum or not , but I have some doubts.

but 100% sure that JC Hong is on that One Sixth Society Facebook group to obsereve the feedbacks and suggestions etc...., strong possibility of even Howard Chan there also

so raise your voice there might increase the chance

The actual state of that punk spiderman figure :(

Hot Toys release that, pole dancing Harley and Pooh.

Yet Chirrut remains without Baze?

And release the Death Star Trooper!!!

The actual state of that punk spiderman figure :(

Hot Toys release that, pole dancing Harley and Pooh.

Yet Chirrut remains without Baze?

And release the Death Star Trooper!!!

Yes I know !!! It's a TRAVESTY !!!

Meanwhile, I've found something else to do while I wait.....

giphy.gif

New images have been released of Ray Park as Maul from Solo. Take note, Hot Toys, I'd buy this one in a second!

https_%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Flukethompson%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F09%2Fsolo-maul1-.jpg

https_%2F%2Fblogs-images.forbes.com%2Flukethompson%2Ffiles%2F2018%2F09%2Fsolo-maul-2-1200x973.jpg

Makes me wonder if Lucasfilm is putting these images out to see what the response from fans is before they move ahead with something involving Maul. I, for one, hope they do.

Also, the martial artist in me can't help but think that hilt is a little short for a double-bladed weapon. Ray Park purposely asked for the his hilt in TPM to be extended so he could do more with it.

Nice. I haven't seen the hi-res pics yet. But geez they were a bit sloppy on the makeup.

These pics sure make it seem like the makeup was courtesy of Halloween USA. :slap

Mechanical legs look like a cast. They look so stiff. I didn't like the design.

Given he was only ever going to be seen in hologram form and they would touch everything up with CGI, I'm not surprised at the low detail. These images came from an interview with Ray Park in Forbes so I don't think it is Disney gauging interest.

Given he was only ever going to be seen in hologram form and they would touch everything up with CGI, I'm not surprised at the low detail. These images came from an interview with Ray Park in Forbes so I don't think it is Disney gauging interest.

Maybe not directly, but Disney is ALWAYS gauging interest :) The mouse is always watching.

So given Mendelson is in WW84, it's a prefect opportunity for Hot Toys to pull a Keanu Reeves Matrix/John Wick double figure release for Krennic and his WW84 character........I know it'll never happen but let a man dream :lol

Im going to sell Chirrut to fund for upcoming Emperor, this is really stupid buying decision.

As for the Death Troopers, even without Krennic im still display them flanking Tarkin.

It really is a shame that Hot Toys has a track record of incomplete lines.

I just don't understand how they do not research how the release of a certain figure can help with sales of another figure and vice-versa.

Back