1/6 Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One, Cassian, Baze and Saw Gerrera ?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Why no love from Hot Toys for Rogue One Krennic, Cassian and Baze ?

Im going to sell Chirrut to fund for upcoming Emperor, this is really stupid buying decision.

As for the Death Troopers, even without Krennic im still display them flanking Tarkin.

Even though I'd love a Krennic, Baze is the one that really irritates. They're not exactly Han and Chewie but they were a great team and a very natural display if they just made him. :gah:

It really is a shame that Hot Toys has a track record of incomplete lines.

I just don't understand how they do not research how the release of a certain figure can help with sales of another figure and vice-versa.

No words can explain.......my inner hurt [emoji20]

I bet 99% of people who bought chirrut would have bought baze. That one makes no sense, as to why he never came out. All rogue one sold out quickly , and I’m sure cassian, baze, and krennic would have also. But no, we need a punk rock spider man. Joe strummer is rolling over in his grave.

HT needs a good competition with licences. That's what could fix this whole situation about HT doing dumb and lazy decisions towards customers and what they want from them.

Even though I'd love a Krennic, Baze is the one that really irritates. They're not exactly Han and Chewie but they were a great team and a very natural display if they just made him. :gah:

No words can explain.......my inner hurt [emoji20]

Farcical that we never got Baze.
Chirrut is lost without out him, and both figures looked spectacular.

Maybe they only sold 300 Chirruts... and that wasn't worth their time.

Maybe they anticipated more people in Asia buying it b/c of Donnie Yen? They did a deluxe and regular version for him, which seems pretty unusual for a secondary character. Actually now that I think of it, Jyn and Chirrut both got deluxes which seems odd in general from one movie.

So given Mendelson is in WW84, it's a prefect opportunity for Hot Toys to pull a Keanu Reeves Matrix/John Wick double figure release for Krennic and his WW84 character........I know it'll never happen but let a man dream :lol

Well, Mendelsohn's in Captain Marvel too, so maybe you'll be able to kitbash Krennic from the Hot Toys' Talos figure. But it's more likely that just means we'll go 0 for 3 on Mendelsohn characters from HT. :(

HT needs a good competition with licences. That's what could fix this whole situation about HT doing dumb and lazy decisions towards customers and what they want from them.

That's it exactly, and there are companies that are coming close. I mean even some independent sculptors are doing great work. So it's possible. However it is a niche market.

On the other hand all those aliens which need a modern updates from the older SS versions would surely sell ok.

I mean in the end OT is where its at. Us older guys are the ones with the money to buy this stuff.

Up to this point I just want Baze...

Well, Mendelsohn's in Captain Marvel too, so maybe you'll be able to kitbash Krennic from the Hot Toys' Talos figure. But it's more likely that just means we'll go 0 for 3 on Mendelsohn characters from HT. :(

Yep I think you're right. 0-3 it'll be.

But I could imagine there will be a lot of Krennic bashes going on if there is a headsculpt done. I'd even consider it at this point.

Yep, without a doubt. And unfortunately, Hot Toys will think it's the Captain Marvel character that has everyone buying the figure, instead of the custom Krennic bashes...

:slap

I feel like watching rogue one now.

Hey cut HT some slack, they finally made the punk Spiderman that everyone here wanted...

I fear the wave that's coming... no more OT Star Wars on PO... PT is going to be a tidal wave. But only in its rainbow clones.

I fear the wave that's coming... no more OT Star Wars on PO... PT is going to be a tidal wave. But only in its rainbow clones.

I keep a list(on paper:)) of pre-ordered stuff and my list for next year is waaaaaay shorter than it has been the last couple. I guess I should be thankful.

No OT, right? Just Solo and PT stuff.

Where's the Scout Trooper and speeder? Strange that wasn't part of 2018 SDCC for HT. Would go well with Emperor and Royal Guard. Guess he's being saved for ROTJ Vader DX.

And maybe ESB Lando will one day make an appearance. Or Bespin Han and Carbonite we've been expecting for years.

Or better yet: where's the ANH droids, R2 and 3PO?

and X wing Luke and a tusken.

Maybe we will get a preview of a Death Star trooper someday.

Oh
Wait...

Yep I think you're right. 0-3 it'll be.

But I could imagine there will be a lot of Krennic bashes going on if there is a headsculpt done. I'd even consider it at this point.

Yep, without a doubt. And unfortunately, Hot Toys will think it's the Captain Marvel character that has everyone buying the figure, instead of the custom Krennic bashes...

:slap

Um, isn't he playing a skull? Doubt they'll do a human sculpt.

Back