Who would you definitely buy in an Hot Toys Watchmen line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who would you definitely buy in a HT Watchmen line?

• Rorschach

Votes: 120 75.9%
  • Nite Owl II

Votes: 68 43.0%
  • Dr. Manhattan

Votes: 51 32.3%
  • Ozymandias

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • The Comedian

Votes: 87 55.1%

• Total voters
I doubt that we'd get an archie from HT. It just wouldn't be an instant sell out with the general population, specially at that price point.

But if they do make one, I prolly won't get it unless the missus give me permission to buy more shelves :p

Rorschach for sure. The others don't really interest me (not at $150 bucks a pop anyway).

I WOULD buy them all...but I probably wont if I dont have the monies.

Then in that case, just Ror.

Re: Who would you definitely get in a Hot Toys Watchmen line?

Rorschach and Comedian at the very least, but if they make all 6 I'll get all six. I just don't want to end up with 4 out of the 6. Otherwise probably just Ror and Com, although SS does look very good.

Rorschach for me, but I'll use that same logic. SS will tempt me to the very end though if all 6 are not made.

Rorshach... definitely... I know this guy comes with the least accessories.. and might not be that complicated to do... but to see him with a cloth material hat and tailored costume with his grappling gun will be cool for me... just love this character *since i love batman and he's basically watchmen's batman

For me I'd put Manhattan at the bottom - unless they can do something with an all over light up feature - I don't see him being that interesting as a figure.

Yeah, I'd hope they would pull something cool out of the bag, but even if they made a new seamless well proportioned muscle bod I'd be pretty happy with him, and I'm guessing he's gonna come with pants on if he gets made.
I think the best approach would be two releases. One on a blue TT with the suit and another that would basically be little more than a floating statue (perspex arm with fibre optics) on an under lit base, this kind of pose-
drmanhattan.jpg

Make a great centrepiece to arrange them around. Could even be sold as a Doc Manhattan diorama base to display the figures with.

I've never had any love for the Comedian, he's essential to the set but since I first read it back in 87 (I used to know John Higgins, he worked in a building with Steve Dillon and a bunch of other illustrators I knew back then) I just find him to be the character (which I know is his key role in the plot) without any redeemable features, just a disgusting mess of a man, a governmental puppet using excuses to hide behind violence... but hey, I guess he does look cool! And he never had enough back-story like Rorschach, so you have no sympathy... I know I'm stating the obvious, as that's what he's all about, and it's that part of his character that is one of the main plot devices generating the dynamics between so many other characters... but he's still a nasty bastard!

Rorschach is the indispensable figure, but there is a 70+% chance that I would get a Comedian if released. Just a great design. I really dig the Night Owl character, but I'm not a huge fan of his costume. Maybe prototype pics would change my mind. I would pass completely on Spectre, Manhattan, and Ozymandius. At $150 each, I couldn't justify getting them all.

If I had to (which thankfully I won't) I'd sell pretty much any other Hot Toys figures I have (including the TDK and IRON MAN ones) to ensure I get all of the HT WATCHMEN figure.

Could it be that Hot Toys makes a DX figure without having made a couple of variants first as with the Joker?

The Comedian has some great possibilities as a DX, IMO.
Just looking at the weapons alone, there are tons of options:
2 smiley sidearms, black Vietnam sidearm, (smoke)grenadelauncher, shotgun, flamethrower...
Then of course headsculpts... a Vietnam era sculpt and the older one.

And for a second outfit, maybe the Minutemen suit... :confused:

Could it be that Hot Toys makes a DX figure without having made a couple of variants first as with the Joker?

The Comedian has some great possibilities as a DX, IMO.
Just looking at the weapons alone, there are tons of options:
2 smiley sidearms, black Vietnam sidearm, (smoke)grenadelauncher, shotgun, flamethrower...
Then of course headsculpts... a Vietnam era sculpt and the older one.

And for a second outfit, maybe the Minutemen suit... :confused:

Personally I'd want the 2nd outfit to be the one where he wears the bathrobe with the blood stained badge.

I would totally be down for a bathrobe with the Comedian! :rock Although he'd need some different ankles/feet. The more I look at Silk Spectre the even more excited I get about finally seeing these announced! I don't care who they release next, all I know is I'm buying him!!! :drool:

Back