Who would you definitely buy in an Hot Toys Watchmen line?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who would you definitely buy in a HT Watchmen line?

• Rorschach

Votes: 120 75.9%
  • Nite Owl II

Votes: 68 43.0%
  • Dr. Manhattan

Votes: 51 32.3%
  • Ozymandias

Votes: 38 24.1%
  • The Comedian

Votes: 87 55.1%

• Total voters
The Comedian is a hell of a character. Cigar, flamethrower, grenade launcher, dual pistols. All the accessories make the others seem boring IMO.

I said I would buy them all and I definitely would love to get them all, but in these times I have to be realistic...

I'm pretty sure I'll buy Silk Spectre II, she just looks beautiful.

I voted for:

Nite Owl II (My favorite Watchmen character, would go great with SS II if the unfortunate situation might occur that I can only buy two...)
The Comedian (Looks awesome, could be loaded with weapons, headsculpts etc.)
Rorschach (Awesome character, looks great, possibility of different headsculpts, some weapons)

Dr. Manhattan was an awesome character, but I'd have to skip him. Looking at the possibilities for accessories and clothing, there aren't many options right now.
Hopefully my situation changes and I can still get him. (If they make him :))

Ozymandias is my least favorite, both visually as well as character-wise, so it wouldn't be a very tough choice not to buy him.

Last edited:
I said I would buy them all and I definitely would love to get them all, but in these times I have to be realistic...

For me, all six (if they were made) is realistic unless they were all released at once. Even then, I would have them all within the shortest amount of time possible.

But I'm foregoing a lot of other stuff to have them because I'm about to become a home owner at the end of the month, which definitely changes everything in terms of collecting, for at least about a year, if I'm fortunate. Maybe longer, if I'm not.

I'll be paying for the HT Watchmen figures mostly be selling something I already have. I already have enough for Silk Spectre put aside. These are my last hurrah for a while.

For me, all six (if they were made) is realistic unless they were all released at once. Even then, I would have them all within the shortest amount of time possible.

But I'm foregoing a lot of other stuff to have them because I'm about to become a home owner at the end of the month, which definitely changes everything in terms of collecting, for at least about a year, if I'm fortunate. Maybe longer, if I'm not.

I'll be paying for the HT Watchmen figures mostly be selling something I already have. I already have enough for Silk Spectre put aside. These are my last hurrah for a while.

If they are released over the course of a whole year or so, then it might be possible to buy them all too, but I also want one or two figures from Terminator Salvation. So I have to make choices...

Although your idea of selling some stuff is pretty good. I have a bunch of 7" action figures I don't have on display anymore. I'll have to look into those, maybe I could sell some of them... altough I don't know if the ammount will count up to one full HT figure... But then again, everything helps :)

I would get Doc Manhattan, Vietnam Comedian, and Rorschach (Prisoner Rorschach too probally).

I didin't like Billy's proformence as Mr.Manhattan, but he looks close enough to the comics.

If Dr. Manhattan was a full muscular body with blue wang I'd get him too... just for the 1/6 first nature of it.

Ozy is the only one I don't want... didn't care for how he looked on screen.

For me I'd put Manhattan at the bottom - unless they can do something with an all over light up feature - I don't see him being that interesting as a figure.

i agree that dr. manhattan would be worth getting only if they did something special with him. like a translucent muscle body, and maybe with a light-up glow from inside effect. but this is hot toys, and we've all come to expect great innovations from them, right...

so for me, rorschach for sure, plus doc manhattan if they do it well. not interested in the others. nite owl is just too visually reminiscent of batman, and i hate ozymandias' movie costume. i'm indifferent towards silk spectre II. not too crazy abt the barbie doll-like hair.

I think as we see more female figures with longer hair, we are going to see more rooted hair. I think it looks great but some adjustment to it will be needed I guess.

That isn't all of them.

What, you won't buy any unless they make The Minutemen? That's all that's missing. Laurie isn't on there because she's already been announced. Though for that reason Dave probably should have waited and done this poll after the next announcements.

What, you won't buy any unless they make The Minutemen? That's all that's missing. Laurie isn't on there because she's already been announced. Though for that reason Dave probably should have waited and done this poll after the next announcements.

No, I want Archie. He's as much a member of the Watchmen as Nite Owl is. :D

Too much to ask for, perhaps.

Well, yeah! :lol

I'd be the first to buy a 1:6 Owl Ship. But I'm not about to pass on any of the characters (especially all of them) if they don't make one.

But to each his own, dude. :duff

After the Tumbler, I wouldn't put it past Hot Toys to make Archie. That said, the Tumbler still has yet to be released so who knows if Hot Toys got ahead of themselves or not.

The Tumbler is huge and intricate. It's completely reasonable for it to take this long. Had Sideshow done it, it would cost 2-3x as much (their own words!) and probably take twice as long to come out, too if their 1:6 figure production timeline is any indication.

Back