Who is your favorite actor or actress?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
17.gif

alfwy_8_684471.gif

Mmmmmkay...

Thanks for proving my point. I don't see nearly as many memes for these other actors everyone is naming. Those guys are all great and some of the most talented people in Hollywood, but the question is who is your favorite. Nicholas Cage is fun. Pure and simple. And instead of naming the same five people everyone is saying, I thought I'd add in an unorthodox choice to the discussion. And I named what I consider his best dramatic roles that he could be taken seriously as an actor.

Michael C. Hall
Robert Downey Jr.
Leonardo DiCaprio
Brad Pitt
Tom Hanks
Morgan Freeman
Samuel L. Jackson
Daniel Craig
Jeff Goldblum
Bryan Cranston
Steve Buscemi
Geoffrey Rush
Sam Rockwell
Christoph Waltz
Michael Shannon
Brendan Gleeson
Matt Damon
Arnold Schwarzenegger
Johnny Depp

Rachel Griffiths
Rooney Mara
Judi Dench
Kathy Bates
Uma Thurman
Charlize Theron
Sigourney Weaver

Meh, I can't really pick just one :lol

Breakin' the 'one' rule and adding some more love for the ladies! These broads have some serious acting chops and are at the top of my list:

Helen Mirren
Jessica Lange
Diane Keaton
Cate Blanchett
BOTH 'Hepburns' (Audrey and Katherine)
Angela Bassett

(stopping because I realize I could rattle off dozens)

Ha, I'm gonna bump your thread. Many actors I love and would call myself a fan of, being a big film fan in general.

But if I want to keep it to a minimal five I'd say Gary Oldman, Christian Bale, Leo DiCaprio, Jim Carrey and (psyche!) Kevin Conroy, because he just is the most legendary voice ever to me.

Kind of annoyed I can't list a women among this, and I love a lot of actresses, but they can't breach my top five favourites.

Overall, I'd say I gravitate towards people who put a lot of effort into their craft. Maybe it's because, ultimately, I'd love to be an actor, but seeing the amount of work that some of these guys put into their transformations, both physical and mental, just impresses the hell out of me, so, as far as guys like that go, I'd say:
-Christian Bale
-Daniel Day Lewis
...and, most recently, I've found Matthew McConaughey to be an immense talent, and someone who has really grown over the years.

Then, there are the icons. Clint Eastwood is probably one of the single greatest assets the entertainment industry has ever seen. Just the idea that he was such a legendary actor, and, yet, he also has tremendous talent as both a director and, even, a composer.

Cary Grant, Gregory Peck, Marlon Brando, Jack Nicholson etc.

Other actors I'm partial to are Tom Hanks, Harrison Ford, and Michael Keaton. Al Pacino's great, as is Deniro. I respect Stallone and Schwarzenegger because they play to their strengths and don't let anything get them down. Schwarzenegger, in particular. I think Bill Burr said it best, when he was joking about how people try to undermine Schwarzenegger with the maid thing. He said that "Schwarzenegger should've been loading trucks in Austria," but, instead, he went on to become Mr. Olympia, become a box office superstar (who could barely speak English), marry a Kennedy, and become Governor of California. Affair or no affair, I absolutely give the guy props for his accomplishments and have always found him to be very entertaining.

I'll be flat out honest, here, Batman introduced me to a few of my favorite actors. Prior to Batman Begins, Christian Bale was an unknown to me, but, then, I was still just a boy when that film started production. He was electric on screen and I was just drawn to anything he was in. I hate horror films, for the most part, yet I loved American Psycho, his collaborations with David O. Russell are just fantastic, and I've even loved his work in Out of The Furnace and Rescue Dawn, and I couldn't believe my eyes the first time I saw "Empire of the Sun;" that he was so talented, even then, at such a young age.

Keaton was similar, he's not as much of a character actor as Bale, but he's still incredibly talented. Those Batman films were the bait, but, once I bit, I'll watch pretty much anything with that guy in it. He's a fantastic comedian, as well. Beetlejuice was one of the only ones that I may have known him from at the same time I knew him as Batman, but the guy is just so charismatic. Night Shift, Johnny Dangerously, The Other Guys; hell, as panned as it was, Multiplicity is one of my favorite comedies of all time.

Television-wise, I think Bryan Cranston's the name that pops into everyone's minds. Jeff Bridges is great in everything I've ever seen him in. Same goes for John Goodman.

Actresses: I think Audrey Hepburn is just a joy to watch in anything. Marion Cotillard's great in a lot of her stuff.

I don't know. There have been so many talented individuals to pass through the film industry that it's really hard to pin down a "best of" list. These are just some thoughts off the top of my head, and I just know that I'm missing several of my favorites.

Last edited:
Christian Bale.
Couple others come in close like Gary Oldman, Sean Penn, Johnny Depp, Scarlett Johansson, Amy Adams, and of course, De Niro and Pacino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Favorite actor: Arnold - for his awesome one-liners.
Favorite actress: Arnold.

arnold-woman_display_image.jpg

Crowe. Bale. DiCaprio. Olyphant. Eastwood. Willis. McConaughey. Wahlberg. Butler. Offerman. Meloni. Neeson. I'll see most anything Crowe, Bale or DiCaprio are in. The rest of those are case-by-case, but I tend to like most of the stuff I see.

Actressess ... I'm having trouble coming up with actresses that are consistently in movies I like. I can list actresses I've liked in specific roles ... Joelle Carter as Ava Crowder (Justified). Annie Wersching as Renee Walker (24). Gabrielle Anwar as Fiona (Burn Notice). Lauren Cohan as Maggie Greene (Walking Dead). Never seen any of them in another role, though.

As for generally liking somebody ... Amy Adams is good. Liked her in everything from Enchanted to Man of Steel. Same with Jennifer Garner. Emma Stone. Jennifer Lawrence. Johanssen, I guess. Jolie, maybe. Those'd be the top contenders. Katee Sackhoff. Elisha Cuthbert is good enough in everything I've seen her in ... which is like two movies. Same with Zellweger. And Kate Hudson. And Katherine Heigl. Melissa McCarthy has been funny in both movies I've seen. Honestly, I don't see movies for the actress that much. They tend to come-and-go fairly interchangeably in the movies I enjoy.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Back