Who is/was the best Superman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

best superman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This will probably be the closest we'll ever get to a cross-dimension Superman crossover. :lol

[ame="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbq1fRbkOAE"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fbq1fRbkOAE[/ame]

"No flights, no tights"

Welling was The Blur.

He tore his shirt open in the last shot of the last episode. He didn't play Superman.

He Played Kal-El. He's not superman untill lois names him that.

Though, the time-travel episode in the 10th season, we did get to see an older, more mature clark that WAS superman. Even if we didn't see him in the suit.

As Goofy a show as smallville was, I REALLY enjoyed it becuase it did something we hadn't seen before. it Humanised him. It made him a likeable complex character with an amazing amount of depth. Then again, the show DID run for10 seasons, so that sort of thing tends to happen.

Tom Welling is my personal Favorite.

But Reeve defined the role. He WAS superman for so many people in such an enduring wat that the character was even drawn to look like him for a very, very, VERY long time.

Voted Dean Cain becuase no Tom welling in the list.. just to give Poor deen more votes.

Last edited:
2jbjxwi.jpg

6872.jpg

Bale was.. a better batman origin story in begins.

Keaton was a Better Bruce wayne by all accounts.

But Kevin Conroy is greater than both.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nYCVnWStLrg[/ame]

1tOYGtr.png

He played Clark Kent and The Blur.

Who is Kal-el, and also superman. Just becuase he's not wearing underoos while fighting crime dosn't make him not superman.

"it's not who you are underneath, it's what you do that defines you."

by the same context, Neither bale, nor keaton played batman, becuase they didn't wear the SPandex Cape and cowl. they wore body armor. So they were simply "the vigilantie" or "the Bat" Batman dosn't wear body armor.

We are going to disagree on this. Welling and the Smallville producers had an obvious contempt for the "Superman" part of the character and felt they were fixing something that was broken. IMHO Welling defaulted on the right to be considered a Superman actor.

We are going to disagree on this. Welling and the Smallville producers had an obvious contempt for the "Superman" part of the character and felt they were fixing something that was broken. IMHO Welling defaulted on the right to be considered a Superman actor.

We might. but tht dosn't mean a friendly discussion cannot occur.

Kinda. There is also the "superman curse" to be taken into account, which is appearently the reason why welling didn't want to wear the suit. The series set out to tell the story of Clark in his early years, so no suit is needed.

Hell, he is even Called Superman a couple of times throughout the series. once or twice as a throw-away line.

But again once or twice where it's meant, including the season finalie when he undergoes the Transformation ans resolution parts of the story.

We might. but tht dosn't mean a friendly discussion cannot occur.

I promise I'm not bitter about how wrong you are. :wave

Kinda. There is also the "superman curse" to be taken into account, which is appearently the reason why welling didn't want to wear the suit.

One might suggest he shouldn't have taken the job.

The series set out to tell the story of Clark in his early years, so no suit is needed.

Christopher Reeve was 27 the first time he played Supes. For most of Smallville's run Welling was older than Reeve. Hardly young enough to be Superboy.

I promise I'm not bitter about how wrong you are. :wave

One might suggest he shouldn't have taken the job.

Christopher Reeve was 27 the first time he played Supes. For most of Smallville's run Welling was older than Reeve. Hardly young enough to be Superboy.

Well that's just downright rude. Moving on.

you may have a point. But as it's not included in the series until the very end, it's kinda moot.

For the entierty of the power rangers run, the rangers were over 20, but played teenagers. Luke skywalker is intended to be 17 in A new hope. Pretty sure Mark was older.

In the first episode of smallville, we see Clark in his FIRST DAY of highschool. This means He's meant to be 14-16. the series spans 10 seasons, so it ends with Clark 24-28, depending on the passage of time in the show. i THINK a year is lost here or there.

An actor's age is irrlevent to the age of the character. Smallville ends with His Superman the same age as What you think Reeve's is, or close enough.

You know, if you just don't like the show, but feel the need to justify it, you can just say you're not a fan.

Chris Reeve for me, Brandon Routh was more or less an impression/imitation of Chris Reeve.

It's been many years since i've seen that. Did he know Lois was pregnant when he left?

Because if not then that term doesn't fully apply imo. The kid had his mum and step-dad & all was well for him, so Clark missed his time to be the kids Dad. He could've but it would be complicating everyones lives

Last edited:
Back