Who is/was the best Superman?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

best superman?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can't believe George Reeves only got 1 vote so far - he was great too.

The era people grow up in plays a big part of it. Reeves played that era of Superman perfectly, but since that was 60 years ago he is a bit forgotten about. In 30 years the same might happen with Reeve.

I like Cavill in the role.

I've watched all live action performances of Superman and the only one that is awful is Dean Cain. Hell, even Reeve was bad in Quest For Peace.

The era people grow up in plays a big part of it.
Of course.. :lol - but that isn't the be all here, needless to say.

I'm still in my 30s & remember watching the Reeves reruns fondly as a lil person. I was just out of teenhood in the mid 90s - & was the target demographic for Lois & Clark. Still a young guy for the Routh film too.. :wave Quality lasts - & is immediately recognized, that's point. Just because someone grew up with a garbage show, that automatically means that's their defining one? Poor sods.. :lol

I like Cavill in the role.

Me too - but the film was crap. :huh

I've watched all live action performances of Superman and the only one that is awful is Dean Cain.
Well then why the **** does he get 4 votes? That's 4 too many. Hawaiian guy in a rented fancy dress costume. :lol

:lol actually kinda true.

Superhero movie fans these days are becoming more focused on whats coming next and how it sets things up and how it connects than of the actual movie at hand.

:exactly::goodpost::clap
Me too - but the film was crap. :huh
Yes. And while i liked Henry, i hope the next one is good or at least better. Cause he's got to be in something great to cement him as SUPERMAN for the future. (Routh got ****ed, i hope Henry don't)

The more i think about it the more Superman might be better off teamed up with another hero. (movie-wise) Kinda like how i feel about Wolverine. So maybe the next movie................

Quest for Peace is far worse than Batman and Robin.

Yeah, atleast production wise it doesn't look like **** and it's nice to look at, even with that neon. At least it looked and felt like a big budget blockbuster flick.

That moon battle in IV was awful. The flying shots somehow looked worse than the original two (with advances in technology and stuff).

No question about it.

2hzof1h.jpg
:exactly: no poll needed.:lol

I like Reeve and Cavill equally, Reeve is the only part of the old movies that still holds up, his performance was perfect, and Cavill hasn't quite got the chance to prove he's up there with Reeve (well not up there up there but you know :lol) so for the sake of supporting Cavill, I'll vote for him, everyone else is already voting for Reeve anyway.

Back