White actors taking roles from people of color .......(of course)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What is whitewashing...
Nothing.

... and why does it matter?
It doesn't. It's just business and there are no rules. Nobody cares about the moral and ethical side of the issue when it comes to big money, and if they say otherwise... well, they're blatantly lying.

Better talk about the cultural issue. If a "black man" lives and talks like a "white one" is he whitewashed and not "black" anymore? Sounds stupid but that's what it is.

1269259657_omg_cat.gif

I have a friend who started as a stripper and now wants to make something of herself.

Kind of a cruel joke when you break it down like that.

I don't know about the US but strippers in Oz can make good money. But when the use-by date looms they'd want a life-raft. My sister could've paid off a house by now, probably two - but she's blown most of what she's made on round-the-world vacations :slap

American strippers can make stupid money. Problem is, in a lot of cases, more is expected of them and that stupid money is dependent upon them meeting those expectations. Most get burned out well before nature makes off with their finery.

That's happening more and more here - my sister is finding it harder to get work because she's always worked in 'no-touch' clubs and now a lot of them are changing it up. Trouble is in looking to get out of the game she's got unrealistic expectations about wages. Maybe she should try finance :lol

I have a BA. I actually completely forget about it at times. I remember someone had added some graffiti to a toilet-roll dispenser in college ''Arts Degree, please take one''. It made me chuckle. I simply didn't know what else to do with myself at the time so I did that. To be fair I never even tried to do anything with it at the time but now over 10 years later it's probably even less useful as far as getting work.

I have a BA. I actually completely forget about it at times. I remember someone had added some graffiti to a toilet-roll dispenser in college ''Arts Degree, please take one''. It made me chuckle. I simply didn't know what else to do with myself at the time so I did that. To be fair I never even tried to do anything with it at the time but now over 10 years later it's probably even less useful as far as getting work.

I realize that this is a personal question a-dev, but do you get paid more for having a BA with what your career is?

I know I do. I also have a BA History major. Just having a Degree under one's belt shows a prospective employer that you are willing to educate yourself and better yourself.

I realize that this is a personal question a-dev, but do you get paid more for having a BA with what your career is?

I know I do. I also have a BA History major. Just having a Degree under one's belt shows a prospective employer that you are willing to educate yourself and better yourself.

thats what i was wondering

Well no. When I finished college - having barely scraped my degree due to fatigue with the whole studying thing and therefore having no interest in pursuing a masters - I took the path of least resistance and went into the family business, which is small and was hit hard in the recession. It couldn't pay me more for my having a degree even if it were inclined to :lol This is why my collecting has greatly diminished over the past few years and I've been saving.

Just read this thread again and I'm still wondering who the usual suspects were. I know there're a few jackholes who like crying about Jews and cucks, but I don't read movie threads if I can help it (circle jerks are gross). Was this a real issue here? Is it still?

I have hardwired reactions to racial discussions that don't always acknowledge the impetus. I'm genuinely curious now.

Back