Which Movies of 2016 Will Disappoint the Most?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Movies Will Crap the Bed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hey, not even Deadpool is bulletproof. :lol It could be the top-grossing rated-R movie in history. The top two are The Passion of the Christ at $370,782,930 and American Sniper at $350,126,372.

Yeah, I think he's assuming a lot more people know who Deadpool is. I don't think the average moviegoer has any idea who the character is. It would be considered a big hit if it makes north of $200 million.

The worst thing that can happen to BVS is for it to not be good enough to like or bad enough to hate and make fun of. I'm hoping it's one of those, either really good or really bad, no middle ground, because that's just a waste of time.
I expect that it will be middle of the road. I don't see it being great, but I also can't imagine it will be truly terrible. Like Man of Steel. Objectively, it's not a terrible film. It's just a terrible Superman film. This would probably be a half-way decent action movie except that they'll abuse and misuse various comic characters and situations.

Warcraft will be worst..i cant even watch the trailer
Ghostbusters.....with girls? .....Nah
BvS.....waste of time and character and. lex Luthor....hahhhahahahah
Suicide squad..just no.....all bad casting....unknowns would have been better.

iMO

I voted for Deadpool and X-Men. I love Deadpool and the X-Men, but I think the movies look like garbage. I don't want to offend anybody, but I've been seeing a lot of posts referring to them as "adult movies" and, to me, they look more juvenile than anything the MCU has put out. Suicide Squad is getting a similar reaction, and I don't think it looks more mature than the MCU either. I hope it's great. I hope every single one of these movies is good, but so far Deadpool and X-Men look like lousy.

Deadpool looks like a super generic superhero movie that's relying on vulgarity, and it's been done multiple times. It looks like another Kick-ass to me, and I thought that movie was trash. I don't understand why people bash the Marvel movies and praise this like it's re-vitalizing the genre. I used to bash the MCU for making such similar films, but it was dumb of me. They make good movies with-in their genre. If folks want something like Deadpool, there's decently constructed movies by people like Tarantino and McDonagh

X-Men looks like another emo-whine fest for middle school kids and social justice warriors. There's great movies dealing with teenage angst, but I don't think this will be one of them. Even if it was, they've already done it to death with the previous films. The X-Men films don't have much substance in them, and instead of developing their characters, they just add 50 more bodies on screen and expect people to care about them.

Purely from an early expectation vs expected final product standpoint, I think BvS is clearly the top pick in 2016 disappointments. The more we see from this film, the more my face hurts from facepalming. It also doesn't help that WB/DC set this film up really well starting with its first SDCC teaser, and it's gone downhill since the last trailer. It really looks like Snyder is gonna muck up the Holy Trinity's first big screen appearance together.

The other big loser on that list for me is Suicide Squad, unfortunately another DCEU product. My expectation for this movie is already pretty low to begin with though, so I don't consider this a potential disappointment, but I don't think the film will do very well.

On the positive side, I'm most looking forward to CW and Rogue One, then further down Deadpool, X-Men, and Dr Strangely-Not-On-This-List.

Last edited:
Hey, not even Deadpool is bulletproof. :lol It could be the top-grossing rated-R movie in history. The top two are The Passion of the Christ at $370,782,930 and American Sniper at $350,126,372.

yeah no way it will even get to half of those numbers..

X men looks flat and unispired..Deadpool I'm not sure what this will do but it won't be a hit. .

Critically: Batman V Superman

Commercially: X-Men Apocalypse

I think people are really underestimating the Ghostbusters reboot. It's not something I care for but these days, females seem to be going to the movies more than men, if something like Pitch Perfect 2 can outgross a Mad Max film with almost perfect reviews and a great word of mouth, then I can see Ghostbusters doing something similar.

I'm excited for Apocalypse but I think people might be getting tired of Singer's X-Men films, especially in a year where we'll be seeing Robert Downey vs Captain America with the addition of Spider-Man, Batman vs Superman with the addition of Wonder Woman (probably a lot more JL will make an appearance), an R rated Deadpool movie, Suicide Squad starring Will Smith featuring fan favorites Harley Quinn and the new Joker, and Doctor Strange, first time that character will ever be portrayed in live action and it's part of the MCU. X-Men Apocalypse's main selling point is the villain that not many of the general audience really know about, and fans think look ridiculous. Plus, it's opening the same day as that new Alice in Wonderland movie, I believe the first one made a billion dollars so that'll probably put a huge dent in X-Men's earnings as well.

Almost every other superhero movie is offering something different and unique.

Oh and no Hugh Jackman, basically the face of the franchise is making a cameo at best, so yea, I definitely think X-Men Apocalypse will be a box office disaster.

Last edited:
Honestly , the only super hero movie I am really looking forward to is Dr Strange......great casting choices.
Mystical-Strange-005-EW.jpg

Deadpool won't come close to making those numbers.

Yeah, I think he's assuming a lot more people know who Deadpool is. I don't think the average moviegoer has any idea who the character is. It would be considered a big hit if it makes north of $200 million.

I don’t see why it can’t hit close to those numbers Yankees posted, Kingsman made close to 300 mill worldwide, and Mad Max made close to 400 mil, Deadpool could easily hit those numbers if the movie and word of mouth is good enough.

Dumbest idea for a poll this section ever had...
Seriously, people voting for a film they think will dissapoint them the most?

714.gif

Someone should create the "which movies of 2016 gonna be the most enjoyable" poll.

When you put it that way, it does sound like a bad idea for a thread, but considering how many big films are coming out next year and how many bad and mediocre films came out this year, it's a fair question. I mean most people here are pessimistic about movies anyway, just look at how many people feel BVS will be terrible, and if we go by the last trailer, it looks like it might be one of the worst films next year.

I am not judging BvS on an uninspired trailer moreso the past failure of Snyder and Cavill MoS. I found little to like about the movie and I expect the same with BvS the only hope I have is Affleck making it enjoyable. I could be surprised but I am not holding my breath.

Back