Which Movies of 2016 Will Disappoint the Most?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Movies Will Crap the Bed?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Yeah, I love the GB film and the animated series, but I never thought it was that funny. It has a few funny scenes and lines here and there, but I never saw GB as a comedy. It was a supernatural fantasy to me, and the things that appeal to me as a kid were the costumes, their equipment, the Ecto -1 (my favorite car along with the Batobile), the firehouse and the monsters. Also, the cast was good. The jokes or the humor is the last thing that comes to mind when I think of GB.

If you saw it as a kid I guess I can see that because Murray's dry, sarcastic humor would go over most kids heads. I grew up with a dry wit family and was familiar with Murray and Aykroyd since my parents were SNL fans. While GB is a sci-fi fantasy, it's also hilarious.

Ghostbusters will FLOP go direct to DVD and owe us 200 dollar's for even producing this garbage. I cant describe how much i Hate this crap cast. I think bats vs supes might be suprising good and not because of Fatman Affleck but for Wonderwoman kicking ass with superman. I'LL be suprised if AFFLECK pulls this role off. Only hope i have for him is his gadgets n armor n car to save him. I have hi hopes ROGUE 1 will kick some ass and not fail its star wars its a license to print money. I'm mainly worried about X-MEN and APOCALYPSE crappy costume and new joker is my biggest ??? if we will like or new harley characters along with Affleck worthy of the Cowl.

I'd pick Batman v Superman, but that would require me to have high expectations for it in the first place. I disliked Man of Steel so much I don't think BvS could actually disappoint me regardless of how bad it turns out. I'll go with Zoolander 2, since I'm sure it'll be like nearly every other belated comedy sequel - derivative and well below the standard of the first.

On that list Ghostbusters will be the worst and possibly biggest flop. I voted for Star Trek because I think it will be the most disappointing for me personally.

That's probably one of the films I'm looking the most forward too.

I watched the other two reboot Trek films this past week and I enjoyed them both. The second one if I just don't concentrate on the past Khan, the movie holds up much better. I understand why they went that way, but there was no need too.

Yeah, I love the GB film and the animated series, but I never thought it was that funny. It has a few funny scenes and lines here and there, but I never saw GB as a comedy. It was a supernatural fantasy to me, and the things that appeal to me as a kid were the costumes, their equipment, the Ecto -1 (my favorite car along with the Batobile), the firehouse and the monsters. Also, the cast was good. The jokes or the humor is the last thing that comes to mind when I think of GB. I thought Beetlejuice was funnier, and that's another favorite of mine.

Really?! Just curious what movies you find funny, everyone's taste is different.

Really?! Just curious what movies you find funny, everyone's taste is different.

I don't watch a lot of comedies and I don't usually go to the theater to watch those types of movies. I thought Goodfellas was a very funny film despite all the dramatic scenes. The humor in Goodfellas is not only real, but better than a lot of actual comedies, imo.

Here's a list of some films I find funny

Beetlejuice
Toy Story
The Royal Tenenbaums
Grosse Pointe Blank
Coneheads
EdWood
Spaceballs
Christmas Vacation
Air Plane
Coming to America
Being There
Some of the Pink Panther films (original ones)
Hot Shots 1 and 2
A lot of Jim Carrey films
My Cousin Vinny
Office Space
Austin Powers 1
90's Adam Sandler films
The Naked Gun films
Groundhog Day
little shop of horrors
Tropic Thunder (some of the excessive bad language was a bit much and unnecessary for me)
Meet the Parents
Some Will Farrell films
Some Ben Stiller films
Some Farrelly brothers films
Some Kevin Smith Films (Mall Rats, Dogma, Clerks 2...I'm sure there's more)

There are a lot of other 80's and 90's films that are considered comedies or funny that I like, like the John Hughes films among others. I prefer drama, action, and adventure films.

I don't watch a lot of comedies and I don't usually go to the theater to watch comedies. I thought Goodfellas was a very funny film despite all the dramatic scenes. The humor in Goodfellas is not only real, but better than a lot of actual comedies, imo.

Here's a list of some films I find funny

Beetlejuice
Toy Story
The Royal Tenenbaums
Coneheads
EdWood
Spaceballs
Christmas Vacation
Air Plane
Coming to America
Being There
Some of the Pink Panther films (original ones)
Hot Shots 1 and 2
A lot of Jim Carrey films
My Cousin Vinny
Office Space
Austin Powers 1
90's Adam Sandler films
The Naked Gun films
Groundhog Day
little shop of horrors
Tropic Thunder (some of the excessive bad language was a bit much and unnecessary for me)
Meet the Parents
Some Will Farrell films
Some Ben Stiller films
Some Farrelly brothers films
Some Kevin Smith Films (Mall Rats, Dogma, Clerks 2...I'm sure there's more)

There are a lot of other 80's and 90's films that are considered comedies or funny that I like, like the John Hughes films among others. I prefer drama, action, and adventure films.

Ok, given that little shop of horrors is one of my all time favorite movies, you instantly have good taste in my opinion

Even if you dont like TFA

I really like what I've heard about Batman v Superman, the fight between the two should be worth the price admission alone. I dug teaser 1 and trailer 1. However, I think alot of people already made up their minds and hate it. I see it disappointing most people with them scoffing at it and avoiding it in theaters. It's got the face of a puppy dog that people want to kick.

image.jpg

Ghostbusters I think is going to surprise a lot of people. I think it will be an unexpected hit personally, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't like the premise, but I think audiences will eat it up. Since the start of it's production it's been the under dog, I think it could rise up.

I really like what I've heard about Batman v Superman, the fight between the two should be worth the price admission alone. I dug teaser 1 and trailer 1. However, I think alot of people already made up their minds and hate it. I see it disappointing most people with them scoffing at it and avoiding it in theaters. It's got the face of a puppy dog that people want to kick.

View attachment 233156

I guess that's one way that BVS is similar to TFA.

For me, my prejudice is based upon the following...

Snyder is a talentless Director (IMO)
MOS was awful
Concept is inane
Trailer did nothing for me

Edit - Wow, I never realized how terrible Affleck looks as Batman, he looks like a Lego minifigure come to life.

Ghostbusters I think is going to surprise a lot of people. I think it will be an unexpected hit personally, but maybe I'm wrong. I don't like the premise, but I think audiences will eat it up. Since the start of it's production it's been the under dog, I think it could rise up.

I think Bridesmaids 2 will make lots of money.

Wow, I never realized how terrible Affleck looks as Batman, he looks like a Lego minifigure come to life.

:rotfl

Are those Sups and Bat's mugshots after they both get arrested and charged with assault, property damage and disturbing the peace? :lol Hell of a way to end the film.:monkey3

Don't forget the millions of deaths. :lol

I think this year's crop stands a better chance than the 2015 offering. For me it comes down to either Ghostbusters or Independence Day. I'm going to have to go with ID. The trailer looked okay, but not great. First off the formula has been redone a few times since ID4 in everything from low budget movies and TV series, so that ship might have sailed. Pacific Rim looked a lot cooler and fresher, and while that movie did fairly well internationally (it had giant mechs and monsters), it barely cracked $100M domestically. Liam Hemsworth has yet to prove himself an action hero leading man even though he's had 4-5 solid opportunities; and the whole hybrid earth/alien tech angle makes the movie less grounded and relatable vs. the original (although granted they had to go somewhere. I also really hate when these movies (like Genysis) sell themselves as a trilogy from the get-go. It's like they aren't even focusing on telling a solid story with a resolution, but just putting in all the table stakes for a franchise. So if the movie fails at the box office will there just be an unresolved plot line?

As for Ghostbusters, while it doesn't interest me at the moment, Feig has a very successful track record with the female-led comedies. Here he is blending two genres (female buddy comedy and sci-fi adventure) so it's somewhat of a risk in that the movie could turn off both traditional audiences. But then again "Spy" was apparently very good and did fairly well at the box office. This does have a much bigger which may translate to some very cool stuff on the screen, budget plus cameos/roles for all of the major surviving stars except Moranis. We'll have a better idea once we see the trailer. While it might not bring out the traditional sci-fi adventure crowd, this could end up being a big pull date, teen and family movie. In which case the studio and Feig might well be making the right call by switching things up.

Back