Which LOTR Film?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which LOTR do u like the best?

• Total voters

Red

Super Freak
Reaction score
Would be suprised if this hasn't been posted somewhere here before but since there are so many new members appearing each day i thought i would ask the question "Which LOTR film do u like the best?".

I love all 3 films and like to think of them as the 1 film with 3 chapters and it's extremely hard for me to pick a favourite with each having their own standout scenes and individual qualities.:cool: If i had to it would possibly be FOTR.:)

While ROTK picked up all the awards that was obviously on behalf of all three films so the academy could avoid having to acknowledge 3 fantasy flicks.

Last edited:
You should turn this into a poll Red
I really enjoy The Fellowship of the Ring for a few reasons,
The Last Alliance Battle (Should of been a bit longer)
Moria
The Amon Hen Battle with Lurtz :D
Great film in general

IMO, they don't hold up too well by themselves so I would say I count it as a one whole movie. But if I had to pick one, I guess I'd have to say Two Towers.

I'm with you, Redman.

It was written as one book and filmed, for the most part, as a single story.

For me, its one film.

There is just something about FOTR that I absolutely love. Can't really explain it but I just love every second of it

There is just something about FOTR that I absolutely love. Can't really explain it but I just love every second of it

Ditto. But I really love ROTK as well. It doesn't flow like FOTR does but it packs such an emotional whallop.. Its hard for me to choose between the two so I have opted to vote it as ONE MOVIE.

When FOTR was released I was just blown away and I knew movie going would never be the same again
I hope they can make me feel that way with The Hobbit

I also see them as 1, but if pushed, will say Fellowship. Felt that was the most tightly edited and flowing of the three. And there is absolutely no feeling better than I got when I heard Galadriel's elvish voiceover in black at the start and Frodo propped up against a tree reading with the Hobbiton/Shire theme coming in. Priceless.

When Tolkien completed his work on The Lord of the Rings, his intent was always to publish it as a single volume, since it tells a single, cohesive story. However, due to high printing and binding costs at that time, his publisher convinced him to allow it to be published as three volumes, thus making it more affordable to all involved.

In much the same light, I have no doubt that, if it would have been at all feasible, Peter Jackson would have preferred to tell the story in one film. But, the thought of a nine-hour film would be completely unpalatable to both movie-goers and theater owners, so the logical choice was to break it into multiple films, and the further logical choice was to follow the same divisions that had been used to break the single written volume into three published volumes.

And just as the book was written as one tale, the movies were also filmed as such. They are separate pieces of a larger whole, and it seems silly to me to even attempt to judge them each in a vacuum. No one could ever watch one of the films without having seen (or having the ability to see) the others, and gain any kind of lasting satisfaction from the experience.

Therefore, I vote "one film".

Best film trilogy there will ever be, ever.

But if I had to put in order, my vote it:

ROTK
FOTR
TTT

Ditto. But I really love ROTK as well. It doesn't flow like FOTR does but it packs such an emotional whallop.. Its hard for me to choose between the two so I have opted to vote it as ONE MOVIE.

Thats pretty much how i feel and i think its the adventurer in all of us that enjoys the journey taken together by the Fellowship.

Voted one movie but if i had just left the 3 movies as choices then i would have chosen FOTR. :rock

I'm not expecting The Hobbit and it's friend to be as good as the LOTR films but anywhere close would just be awesome.:D

Back