Which is better, the Mark VI or Mark VII?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark VI or Mark VII?

• Mark VI

Votes: 66 39.3%
  • Mark VII

Votes: 102 60.7%

• Total voters

plasmid303

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since they're both in The Avengers.

Comparison:

Mark VI (pretty sure most people know what it looks like, but hey):
iron-man-2-iron-man-standee.jpg

Mark VII:

dQwgl.jpg

Tqlg9.jpg

tar5gx.jpg

Last edited:
I really liked the design of the MK VII. The added bulk i thought added to the appearance nicely. He also had a nice arsenal at his disposal. I do prefer him with the rocket thrusters on as appose to off though.

I love that we are getting to see an evolution of the suits, we get to see certain design elements evolve etc. I hope they go a bit further with the designs in the future.

Mark VII, just because of the circular chest reactor. I can't get into the Silver Centurion inspired triangular reactor. Mark IV is still the best looking armor though, IMO.

Mark VII, just because of the circular chest reactor. I can't get into the Silver Centurion inspired triangular reactor. Mark IV is still the best looking armor though, IMO.

Agreed. I hope the Mark VII comes with detachable silver pieces. Without them, it looks the best of the marks.

Mark 7 will obliterate all other marks :lecture

But I still prefer the design of mk 4 overall. I notice mk 7 shares basically the same chest plate (minus the triangle) as mk 6.

VI

I'm not a huge fan of the triangle but the sharp edges and the way the gold is laid out looks cooler to me. VII has nice bulk to it but overall the armor is too 'smooth' for my tastes. Never know though, HT seems to make them prettier in 1/6 so my mind might change. :lol

In the movie, does the Mark VII ever not have those little extra bits of armor on it (like in the second pic and maquette pic)?

I actually just assumed that it always had the grey shoulder and thigh parts attached to it at all times. It wasn't until today when I visited the Mark VII maquette thread that I saw that there are two configurations.

It's odd. For the longest time, I did not like the triangle reactor. The MK IV was definitely my favorite. Then, after seeing the VII go back to the circle in the movie, I was - much to my surprise - a bit let down. The triangle marked the progression of the technology with the new reactor which was a major milestone for Tony, arc reactor technology and the capabilities of the suits. The aesthetics of the reactor were kind of an, "out with the old, in with the new" statement. Not to mention the VI was a nasty piece of machinery. I'm not saying the VII isn't, and I really like the upgrades, it just felt almost like going backwards a bit for me.

Spoiler Spoiler:

May have come off at another point but I'm pretty sure it was there.

Spoiler Spoiler:

May have come off at another point but I'm pretty sure it was there.

Oh okay. I must've missed it both times I saw the movie. :lol

Oh okay. I must've missed it both times I saw the movie. :lol

Yeah, it's
Spoiler Spoiler:

I think overall I like the Mark VII better, though I like it best how we really never saw it, without the extra thruster units. I think the VI had a nice aggressive vibe to it, but I like the diminishing of the silver on the VII. They made me like it eventually on the VI, but overall I think Iron Man looks better with just red and gold. I also like how they added a bit more gold in there too.

I also like how he looks a bit more "integrated" as the planes and angles mesh a bit better in his arms and legs especially. The less sharp angle of his ab armor plates give him a nice solidity too.

I thought this was a joke thread, but since there's no new Iron man figs to discuss, I'll play along :lol

I'd go with the mark VII. Even though the color scheme is similar to mark vi, the added bulk on the suit is kinda unique when compared to the slim mark II to VI. When I first saw the suit, I thought that thats the movie version of the hulk buster:lol

When I first saw the suit, I thought that thats the movie version of the hulk buster:lol

Oh man, that makes me realize... before the Avengers movies are done we MUST see a movie Hulkbuster armor!

Back