What degree do you hold?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have my Masters in Business Administration Marketing, spent 6 years in that field and although recently unemployed I was a government courier for just over a year.

Go figure.

A degree doesn't mean much once you're in the working world, but its getting in the door in the first place without a degree that I imagine is pretty damn near impossible.

I will say though that I personally trust the work presented to me by people that have college educations more than those without, though maybe in this case its circumstantial evidence or coincidence. But we do have a few people that started here as secretaries and somehow are now accounting technicians by virtue of being here 10 years but probably couldn't add 2+2 if they hadn't been given the answer when they first started and are now doing everything by rote rather than because they actually understand what they're doing.

Fine points (esp in your first paragraph). Where do you work?

Is it true that people in the entertainment industry have no souls? Even those in positions like accounting or graphic design? I always though it would be cool to work for a film company or something, but I heard the people are real douches.

Is it true that people in the entertainment industry have no souls? Even those in positions like accounting or graphic design? I always though it would be cool to work for a film company or something, but I heard the people are real douches.

Ha....I think that statement can be universally applied...right? :)
BUT, there is some validity to that thought. I've seen quite a few in my experiences.

I think the entertainment world is probably a lot of sharks and kill or be killed (probably just like Wall Street). I bet there is A LOT of partying after hours too. Work hard play hard. Probably not a lot of acceptance for conservative ideas either. Just what I heard from college professors and school buddies that had dabbled in it. I really wanted to be in advertising early in my business education, but I heard the same thing about that too. I'm much too laid back and conservative to be in the bullpen like that.

I actually sold my soul some years ago. Sadly I was drunk and only sold it for a cigarette :monkey2

A friend of mine was a set builder in Hollywood, he said pay was good but the hours were hellish, he finally quit and now does something completely different.

A friend of mine was a set builder in Hollywood, he said pay was good but the hours were hellish, he finally quit and now does something completely different.

The hours are insane.

I work in LA. I typically get in around 9/10am and finish around 8pm. Now, there are always exceptions to this, like on show premiere and finale nights, where I'll work till 1 or 2am. Of course this is the online biz, and its constant and ongoing. The hours are definitely hellish in this sector. In fact, even the VP's and execs are pulling off crazy hours. No family time...sometimes not even on weekends!

Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies focus in English/ Master of Science in Education with a Curriculum focus (both Magna Cum Laude); California State University East Bay (formally California State University Hayward)

I have a high school diploma, a certificate of successful completion in the Marine Corps Infantry Training Program. Had a little trouble getting my foot in the door. Nothing a little hard work couldn't overcome. I am one of I think two people without one in my whole department.

They all ^^^^^ about student loans and I luckily don't have them.

I'm 2 semesters away from an AA in History, working towards my BA in Social Sciences. Looking to be Teacher eventually.

I'll go as far as the loans, and GI money will take me though... If I can go higher I will.

Maybe you can buy it back, used cars depreciate, so why not souls? Might only cost you a bubblegum wrapper and paperclip.

They all ^^^^^ about student loans and I luckily don't have them.

Knowing I'd be a teacher I went the state school route. I racked up about $36,000 in student loans while a teacher who teaches in the same school for the same pay but went to the private St. Mary's College about 30 minutes from my campus owes $180,000 :lol

Back