What degree do you hold?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BS in systems engineering.
Not using it for my current job.
LOL
gotta love 'formal education' vs OJT

BA in Communications from New Mexico. And of course I am using NONE of that education in what I do now. :)

never even finished my 2yr degree in design... been creative director for 3yrs now ...

luckily a good portfolio can smash any piece of paper to bits in the art world ... :monkey1

Yep! that and experience more important than a degree!!

I have 35 credits towards a two year degree and i am a .Net web developer. So no formal degree just some classes, OJT, and a bunch of teach yourself books.

tooot tooot.

A degree doesn't mean much once you're in the working world, but its getting in the door in the first place without a degree that I imagine is pretty damn near impossible.

I will say though that I personally trust the work presented to me by people that have college educations more than those without, though maybe in this case its circumstantial evidence or coincidence. But we do have a few people that started here as secretaries and somehow are now accounting technicians by virtue of being here 10 years but probably couldn't add 2+2 if they hadn't been given the answer when they first started and are now doing everything by rote rather than because they actually understand what they're doing.

Thanks for the feedback!

We've had serious layoffs at my company in the past few weeks. Yes, even the big TV networks take hits.
However, out of the bad times comes good, and we will be looking to expand our online interactive network by hiring new graphic designers, PHP developers, video editors, and IT guys...
Just thought I'd recruit fellow statue collectors to CBS haha...
anyway..keep this thread flowing...and thanks!

BS in Education- Specifically Business Ed Certified 9-12

Haven't started my masters yet.

Can you solve the problems in multiple creative ways, or are you only repeating the formula over and over again because it works?

It really depends on the day I have had, I have a good fail safe method, but experimentation is always fun.

never even finished my 2yr degree in design... been creative director for 3yrs now ...

luckily a good portfolio can smash any piece of paper to bits in the art world ... :monkey1

occulum - curious...would you relocate to California for a career opportunity?

Back