What degree do you hold?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This thread makes me feel bad. So many smart and accomplished people.
I graduated from college here in Canada. Human relations. Worked in retail for a while.
Then got a job in a bank 21 years ago and am still there. I have been taking courses online from the same college for the last 3 years in Criminal Psychology and business management. Considering taking Medical office courses. Have to get out of the bank.

BA in English with minors in history and theatre from Univ of Kansas. Summa Cum Laude. Finally got to go back to school at 40; did 2/3 of my classes at night, starting with perequisites/core classes at the local community college. Because of my life experiences and that they allowed me to test out on a few courses, it was much easier than I thought. But it still took me 6 years to finish. I already had a viable job and, even though I've gotten promotions within the company since, it was not because of my degree.

I received a BA in Art History from Cal State Los Angeles. After that I studied in Florence, Italy and earned some units toward a Masters Degree in Art History but decided against continuing because I didn’t want to teach. I then was accepted to Art Center in Pasadena and received a BFA in Illustration.

Thanks for the feedback!

We've had serious layoffs at my company in the past few weeks. Yes, even the big TV networks take hits.
However, out of the bad times comes good, and we will be looking to expand our online interactive network by hiring new graphic designers, PHP developers, video editors, and IT guys...
Just thought I'd recruit fellow statue collectors to CBS haha...
anyway..keep this thread flowing...and thanks!

You serious? Do you guys offer freelance jobs to anyone oversea? I did graphics work for the News department at a local TV station before they folded in just barely 3 years. I got my degree in multi-media authoring from Curtin University, Australia.

Am doing quite a variety of work now. I do illustrations, Flash animation, graphics design for magazines.

Last edited:
i dropped out of school when i was 16 or 17. cant quite remember. my parents got so pissed they kicked me out of the house and we havent talked in over 13 years. needless to say those were the best 13 years of my life.:duff i also make about 50K in a small rural town where the average income is about 20K. not bad for not having a HS diploma. educasion is ovaraided in mi opining.

Agree. IMO good EQ will get a person further.:D

I hold my Degree every morning :lol
860635.jpg

:chew

B.S. in psychology, M.A. in International Relations, currently an ABD Ph.D. candidate in IR. After 10+ years and a small fortune poured into my education, I'm hoping to land an academic job paying around 50K a year.

Still, it's all about quality of life. I shouldn't ever have to wait on another table, hammer another nail, or sell another TV to some ****** bag again. Of course, if things work the way I want them to, I should have a lifetime of whiny students, stressful deadlines, and BS administration issues to deal with.

i dont have a degree but i have been known to be guilty of "love in the first degree":
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/IVX_5HIL0GY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/IVX_5HIL0GY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

This thread makes me feel bad. So many smart and accomplished people..

Don't worry man, If life has taught me ONE thing...it's the person with the "piece of paper", is usually the stupidest in the room.

Life and "education" is way more than sitting in a classroom for an extra few years..

My Dad calls them E.F.I's....Educated F'ing Idiots....

But, I am sure there are plenty who disagree, and that is their right, just as it is mine to say what I did above..

Last edited:
I currently have a BA in English. Went into the real world working as a journalist/editor and after a few years, I realized it just wasn't for me (I don't have the personality to fight for scoops, etc).

I'm currently unemployed because I recently quit a job where I was verbally abused, my opinions were disregarded by my publisher (even though I was the Editor in Chief), and was vastly underpaid for the amount of work I put in. I'm just happy that the company seems to be falling apart now that I'm not there to support it.

I'm in the process of finding the right school to get an AAS in radiology. I seriously never thought I'd be going back to school.

High School Diploma
A.A. Degree
Bachelors of Science in Social Science (In progress, graduation date: May 8, 2009)

I currently have a BA in English. Went into the real world working as a journalist/editor and after a few years, I realized it just wasn't for me (I don't have the personality to fight for scoops, etc).

I'm currently unemployed because I recently quit a job where I was verbally abused, my opinions were disregarded by my publisher (even though I was the Editor in Chief), and was vastly underpaid for the amount of work I put in. I'm just happy that the company seems to be falling apart now that I'm not there to support it.

I'm in the process of finding the right school to get an AAS in radiology. I seriously never thought I'd be going back to school.

Just be careful going into the medical profession. Most hospitals have ^^^^ty or no medical upon retirement and for most the retirements suck!

Just be careful going into the medical profession. Most hospitals have ^^^^ty or no medical upon retirement and for most the retirements suck!

Hmm, I never even thought about retirement (I'm only 26). The only career that came to mind when I thought about it was law enforcement (especially with Chief Wiggum's so-called "retirony"). But you'd think that working in the health care field would provided decent retirement benefits :confused::confused::confused:

Hmm, I never even thought about retirement (I'm only 26). The only career that came to mind when I thought about it was law enforcement (especially with Chief Wiggum's so-called "retirony"). But you'd think that working in the health care field would provided decent retirement benefits :confused::confused::confused:

Not around here anyway. The reason I say this is because I know the wife of the head of radiology at our local hospital. He's been there for 42 years and can't retire because all his medical would end and he would lose it for his wife as well. Medicare alone doesn't cover squat! His retirement isn't good either. His wife retired from out school system and her retirement is small because whatever she get from social security is pulled from her pension. His insurance covers her because it would be too expensive for her to keep the schools. This is why I can never retire from the school system unless I find a sugar daddy first. :lol

Hopefully I'll have a different job one day.

Even though you're young, you always want to check things like this out if you're planning on a career. Time goes by so quickly.

Back