What are you reading? Book discussions and reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Superman is getting his trunks back for the 1000th issue.

sT1BeYz.jpg

Recently made my through both volumes of Schopenhauer's The World as Will and Representation. Definitely one of my favourite philosophers.

On the less lofty end of the spectrum I've been looking at the DC Unwrapped editions - I have to say in a lot of cases I feel there's much more power and atmosphere to the art in its raw form as pencils or inks than after it's been hit with the usual overbaked digital colouring that's so popular these days. The industry could do with rethinking its approach in that regard, in my opinion - maybe test the waters for books without colour but with old-fashioned screentones instead, or use flatter, more graphic, designed styles of colouring that compliment the linework rather than drowning it.

Currently reading The Exoricst by William Peter Blatty

Considering that the movie is in my top 5 fav horror movies of all time, can't believe it took me until 2018 to even think of reading the book. The movie is a very, very accurate adaptation of the book. While we do get some extra stuff in the book, and there are little changes, it's a fantastic read. Characters are really interesting and the stuff with Regan and the doctors part is well done and expanded in the novel - which is great

Still reading Blade of the Immortal and decided to pick up Hokoto No Ken (Fist of the North Star) at the same time.

When I get done both I'll read Lone Wolf and Cub.

Still reading Blade of the Immortal and decided to pick up Hokoto No Ken (Fist of the North Star) at the same time.

When I get done both I'll read Lone Wolf and Cub.

Fist of the North Star is fantastic, I can see it becoming one of your new favourite things. Both the manga and anime are great, and something of a Japanese cultural institution at this point.

Fist of the North Star is fantastic, I can see it becoming one of your new favourite things. Both the manga and anime are great, and something of a Japanese cultural institution at this point.

I'm already in the process of getting the Medicom Ken from a fellow boardie. Whenever I pick up a new Manga, I immediately need to start buying 1/6 figures if available.

I've seen Kenshiro so many times and have only heard good things about it, that I decided to get into it. I've been watching nondescript clips online from the animated movies and Ken is a walking battle tank.

I'm already in the process of getting the Medicom Ken from a fellow boardie. Whenever I pick up a new Manga, I immediately need to start buying 1/6 figures if available.

I've seen Kenshiro so many times and have only heard good things about it, that I decided to get into it. I've been watching nondescript clips online from the animated movies and Ken is a walking battle tank.

If ever there's a series crying out for a modern, comprehensive line of action figures, it's HnK. I have some of the Revoltechs and they're passable but small and very dated. The only outstanding figure I've ever seen of Ken is the Kaiyodo 200X Final Ultimate Boxset version, a 1/9 figure that comes bundled with Kokuoh-Go, Raoh's horse. It was my grail for several years and I finally picked one up off Yahoo Japan Auctions back in 2011. No idea how much you'd have to pay for that set at this point.

If ever there's a series crying out for a modern, comprehensive line of action figures, it's HnK. I have some of the Revoltechs and they're passable but small and very dated. The only outstanding figure I've ever seen of Ken is the Kaiyodo 200X Final Ultimate Boxset version, a 1/9 figure that comes bundled with Kokuoh-Go, Raoh's horse. It was my grail for several years and I finally picked one up off Yahoo Japan Auctions back in 2011. No idea how much you'd have to pay for that set at this point.

Yeah I've seen a lot of the revoltechs and most aren't cheap. I'll just settle for the 1/6 for the time being.

I haven't seen anything for Blade of the Immortal out there bar the Medicom and Kumik figures. Although there's a live action version coming out by Dao Toys.

Alien:The Cold Forge novel came out today. I’m 103 pages in and the author has already dunked his balls into Ridleys Scotts mouth for that trailer trash Covenant bs.
Awesome story telling, great character develoment, and so far, a fun read.

LotR FotR is so damn good...
It's so good that I'm startin' to not like latter movies.

LotR FotR is so damn good...
It's so good that I'm startin' to not like latter movies.

Yup, I always enjoy this part the most too. I think its about having the 'gang' together before they split up, making the story a bit more focused somehow.

Back