What are you reading? Book discussions and reviews

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The Mighty Thor Vol. 1 HC

STK668585

The Rational Male 10/10

Iron Rule of Tomassi #6
Women are utterly incapable of loving a man in the way that a man expects to be loved.

In its simplicity this speaks volumes about about the condition of Men. It accurately expresses a pervasive nihilism that Men must either confront and accept, or be driven insane in denial for the rest of their lives when they fail to come to terms with the disillusionment.

Women are incapable of loving men in a way that a man idealizes is possible, in a way he thinks she should be capable of.

The resulting love that defines a long-term couple’s relationship is the result of coming to an understanding of this impossibility and re-imagining what it should be for Men. Men have been, and should be, the more dominant gender, not because of some imagined divine right or physical prowess, but because on some rudimentary psychological level we ought to realized that a woman’s love is contingent upon our capacity to maintain that love in spite of a woman’s hypergamy. By order of degrees, hypergamy will define who a woman loves and who she will not, depending upon her own opportunities and capacity to attract it

This is one of the most enlightening books out there, now I know the true origin of the term Red Pilled.

^^^ I won't knock self help books if there is a positive benefit (as they are the opinions of a single individual or group), but I would definitely hold life experience in higher regard.

It's not self help but it might be sold as such in book stores, and it's definitely not opinion. Hypergamy is a biological fact. Besides, Behaviorism is possibly the most reliable branch of psychology.

description of reality = experience with reality, there is no difference between the real world experience and a reliable rescription of the real world as long as you don't lie to yourself, gammas/blue pilled men tend to do that.

Revival. Stephen King. One of his better ones....

Oddly enough, Frankenstein like also.

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I haven't read any King newer than the Tom Gordon one. Or Dark Tower, whichever came first.

He has really done some of his best work recently.....although his very last book was a bomb.

Currently reading FEED. By Mira Somebody..

He has really done some of his best work recently.....although his very last book was a bomb.

I was a big fan of his early stuff when I was a kid. Salem's Lot, Christine, Dead Zone, The Talisman, etc. I just re-read It for the first time since I was 12 and it was fantastic. The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon felt like that old stuff, but Dark Tower felt like he didn't know what he was doing. If there's more of the Tom Gordon quality (or Black House, even---that was great), I would be inclined to start reading him again.

I would suggest
11/22/63
Mr Mercedes
Revival

Back