Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll post up some picks of my Grayskull for now here are a couple close up shots of some rare Thundercats...

thedriller.jpg

stinger.jpg

Wow! Those are sick... never seen the Driller or Stinger before, but I think I remember the cartoons. Were they from the very end of the series?

I really enjoy seeing all of the different collections,but I kind of feel old really old,as I have some GI Joes the old 12" versions.

Yeah they're from the last series. The Stinger's wings are so gd fragile they're still attached but cracked. LJN isn't known for quality. I have other complete collections too: Bionic 6, Silverhawks, some Visionaries, a Blackstar, etc.

Well what are you waiting for... get to taking some pictures :lecture :lol

I need to do the same... I'd like to just wait till I have everything up, but its fun getting out and photographing my hidden collectibles.

Kenner Alien with Leatherface PF. AFA Graded Snowtrooper lurking in the back.

4267479863_37c1887878_b.jpg

Kenner Stormtrooper and Sideshow's version with various other PF's and 1/6.

4268224346_562b24b99d_b.jpg

In the kitchen Jetfire hanging out with other various toys.

4267477909_cb2059f1f4_b.jpg

Various Ultraman Kaiju from Bullmark and Marusan from the 60's-70's. Before my time but loved them and started to collect them online and while I was in Japan on holiday.

4268222720_838e51b331_b.jpg

4268221778_09a74cbb50_b.jpg

4268220734_c8af2dae6a_b.jpg

Anyone old enough to have played with Matchbox cars back in the 60s? Here is my collection - and no, these are not the ones I had
all those years ago.

cardisplay_big.jpg

Great collection Kentox; I especially love the Kenner Alien and the Kaiju. I've never known too much about what to look for, but I love the sculpts and colors of those toys.

And sweet matchbox collection Yodasan! Again something I'm not knowledgeable about, but its easy to appreciate the aesthetic of them. And really I think that's one of the coolest things about older toys is that they aesthetics are very different from generation to generation.

I found another picture in photobucket of some of my vintage stuff... just not the current display:

Mattel Shogun Warrior- Gaiking
Transformers: Jetfire
Voltron II (6-armed guy next to Gaiking)
Konky from Pee-Wee's Playhouse
Set of US Secret Wars figures... (didn't have Hobgoblin yet when this was taken)
r.jpg

Anyone old enough to have played with Matchbox cars back in the 60s? Here is my collection - and no, these are not the ones I had
all those years ago.

cardisplay_big.jpg

Wow, that's an amazing display! What's the year on it? And what is something like that worth?

I have a bunch of old Matchbox catalogs somewhere...

I wanna see the original Madballs ! ! !

I know some of you freaks got em ! ! !

I have em but like the battle beasts, they're packed away :(

Great collection Kentox; I especially love the Kenner Alien and the Kaiju. I've never known too much about what to look for, but I love the sculpts and colors of those toys.

And sweet matchbox collection Yodasan! Again something I'm not knowledgeable about, but its easy to appreciate the aesthetic of them. And really I think that's one of the coolest things about older toys is that they aesthetics are very different from generation to generation.

I found another picture in photobucket of some of my vintage stuff... just not the current display:

Mattel Shogun Warrior- Gaiking
Transformers: Jetfire
Voltron II (6-armed guy next to Gaiking)
Konky from Pee-Wee's Playhouse
Set of US Secret Wars figures... (didn't have Hobgoblin yet when this was taken)
r.jpg

Very cool stuff, GB! That Gaiking is massive!

A couple more figures. Silverhawks Quicksilver, Mon-star, Copper Kid. I've got Mayday, and Steelwill's and Hotwing's birds too somewhere. Would love to complete the main five someday but the Steel twins are pretty hard to come by especially with the paint intact.

Silverhawks.jpg

Kenner's Dark Knight Collection Batman, Joker, and Powerwing Batman. Love PW Bats simply because Kenner reused the original Silverhawks arm action.
He even had a Bat that turned into handcuffs like Flashback did. :D Also Toybiz's '89 Batman. Remember my mom searching everywhere for that figure back in the day.

DKC.jpg

Gotta admit the Keaton likeness really isn't too bad on the Kenner figures.
I've got the Bruce Wayne figure in a box somewhere with his Bat gear and Joker's weapons too.

Last edited:
I use Club Tokyo's website as a reference for anything kaiju. That helps me sort out what I have, variations in colour, year etc. Have stopped buying them as sometimes they can range in price usually $150-$600 US. But I love there bright colours and also not knowing the characters I can just pick the sculpts that I like instead of being a completest.

Time to breathe some life into this kickass thread...

Yesterday FINALLY brought me the hardest accessory to find:

GODZILLA.JPG

The firing fist to complete my Shogun Warriors Godzilla!!! A buddy of mine picked me up a near mint figure last year for $8 but of course the fist was nowhere to be found. These things are a pain in the arse to find separate and when they pop up they can run $30-50 just for the fist! Thanks to a hook up on another board, I paid half that. The paint is a little rough but it's otherwise perfect. Sorry for the crappy pic, my camera is MIA and I had to use my cell phone...

Probably not vintage for some of you old fossils on here but to me it is.

Picture173-2.jpg

saw it on ebay for £5 and had to have it for old times sake. I do have proper vintage WWF figures, the crappy plastic ones (with ring :D) in the loft along with a few GI joes and ghostbusters :banana may have to dig them out now.

Oh man, I remember those AvP figures. They were great at the time and clogged the shelves around here... Nice haul!!!

What where those little figures about the size of MUSCLES that had the touch activated hologram chest thingy called?

Back