Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galactiboy

OT Preferist
Reaction score
Thought it might be fun to have a thread in which we could share our vintage collecting interests and pictures.

I don't have pics of all of my vintage stuff as a lot isn't out right now; but do have a few I can share :

M.U.S.C.L.E. and Kinnikuman (Japanese version)​
kinnikumanps.jpg

kinnikumanpsb.jpg

kinnikumanpsc.jpg

Vintage Kenner Star Wars collection​
vintagekennerps.jpg

So how about you guys... what childhood and beyond toys and collectibles are part of your collections?

Last edited:
Great stuff GB! I love how you have your MUSCLE figures set up. I might try something similar once I get all mine together.

The only actual "figures" I collect anymore are vintage. Here are some of my favorites and ones I active collect:

- Remco Monsters (mini and 8")
- Pee-wee's Playhouse
- M.A.S.K.
- Indiana Jones (Kenner and LJN)
- Star Wars
- Mego Batman and Villians

Here are few pics of my pieces, I'll post more when I have some time to take them:

RemcoFrankie.jpg

pee1.jpg

pee3.jpg

GermanIndy1.JPG

Chewie6.jpg

Chewie1a.jpg

Chewie10.jpg

These are old photos. I'm hoping to get a nice display up once I move.

Great stuff GB! I love how you have your MUSCLE figures set up. I might try something similar once I get all mine together.

The only actual "figures" I collect anymore are vintage. Here are some of my favorites and ones I active collect:

- Remco Monsters (mini and 8")
- Pee-wee's Playhouse
- M.A.S.K.
- Indiana Jones (Kenner and LJN)
- Star Wars
- Mego Batman and Villians

Wow dude! Awesome stuff... love the Chewbacca set-up :rock :rock

And very jealous of the Remco Monsters, they were a bit before my time, but figures I've always liked.

Excellent thread by the way GB, I hope to see lots of vintage toys from my childhood.

Thanks King! I figure there's a lot of us who have oddball stuff from our childhoods, or just soft spots for vintage collectibles.

On a related note, I was just at a local friends house who just picked up all of his childhood toys from his parents house. Guy had the f'n USS Flagg!!!

It was a thing of beauty... and so much larger than I remembered :google

Definitely my kinda thread. Love vintage toys!

Those MUSCLE figures really take me back and I love the 25 cent machine as a display piece, GB! Your SW collection looks ace too. Is it complete? I think the only one I don't see is Carbonite Han. Great stuff and fine vintage.

PeeWees playhouse, that is awesome! Really cool Chewie display as well!

Nice MUSCLEs there, King!

The only thing I have pictures of atm is my old SW setup. Was collecting these on and off for a while but haven't picked any up in long time.

VintageStarWars.jpg

VintageStarWars1.jpg

I remember my brother wanted the Flagg real bad, we got the Transportable Tactical Battle Platform instead.

Definitely my kinda thread. Love vintage toys!

Those MUSCLE figures really take me back and I love the 25 cent machine as a display piece, GB! Your SW collection looks ace too. Is it complete? I think the only one I don't see is Carbonite Han. Great stuff and fine vintage.

Thanks man!

My vintage collection is not complete yet... I'm 10 figures away at this time. Bummer is that its mostly from the expensive-ass POTF series :monkey2 But, I'll get there :lecture

And digging your SW collection... what's the story on you unmasked Boba?

He sounds like a real butthole GB. You should take it from him, and then sell it to me :)

Thanks man!

My vintage collection is not complete yet... I'm 10 figures away at this time. Bummer is that its mostly from the expensive-ass POTF series :monkey2 But, I'll get there :lecture

And digging your SW collection... what's the story on you unmasked Boba?

Good stuff!

Boba was part of a set of customs I was doing for one of the custom cons. Pretty sure he's got an old GI Joe Grunt head.

i'll try to scan some of my older pics, when i started collecting 10 years ago...I had some rare MOTU (MEGATOR, LASER LIGHT SKELETOR),the mattel Kraken from COTT and the 18'' Kenner Alien from 1979...

My lcs had the Kenner Alien for a while. It's a pretty neat toy especially for when it came out. Don't think I've ever seen the Kraken.

Found another shot in photobucket that could fit here. Great figure, cool accessories, nice ride.

breakingout.jpg

King, I LOVE that MUSCLE picture. The little dude playing King of the Mountain. Awesome...

Wow dude! Awesome stuff... love the Chewbacca set-up :rock :rock

And very jealous of the Remco Monsters, they were a bit before my time, but figures I've always liked.

What's funny is that I was old enough (early 80's) to have the Mini-Monsters when I was a kid but didn't. My mom was a HUGE monster fan so she would definitely would have bought them for me. I guess she never saw them. Regardless, I'm hooked now! I have a full loose set of the Non-Glow figures and I'm working on my carded set of the Glow figures. As for the larger 8" line, I only have Frankie at the moment. I wasn't even going to collect them but the artwork on the box is amazing!

On a related note, I was just at a local friends house who just picked up all of his childhood toys from his parents house. Guy had the f'n USS Flagg!!!

It was a thing of beauty... and so much larger than I remembered :google

Funny you should mention the Flagg. A buddy of mine just bought a boxed one a few weeks ago. I'm going over his house on Friday to build it. :banana

The only thing I have pictures of atm is my old SW setup. Was collecting these on and off for a while but haven't picked any up in long time.

VintageStarWars.jpg

VintageStarWars1.jpg

I love that display! It's been on my list of things to get but just haven't gotten around to it.

Oooh... the Kraken! Now that's a killer figure. I only have the Calibos figure from that series. I had the figure that looked like a Roman soldier as well, but he literally fell apart when I tried to pose him :monkey2

This is an old picture, but its got a lot of vintage goodness:
Shindana: JJ Evans
Mego: Fonze, Buckwheat, Gorn, Zira and Spiderman
Matchbox: Complete Voltron I
LJN: 12" V
Mattel: Calibos

ii.jpg

i'll try to scan some of my older pics, when i started collecting 10 years ago...I had some rare MOTU (MEGATOR, LASER LIGHT SKELETOR),the mattel Kraken from COTT and the 18'' Kenner Alien from 1979...

That Kenner Alien is one of my all-time grails...

Oooh... the Kraken! Now that's a killer figure. I only have the Calibos figure from that series. I had the figure that looked like a Roman soldier as well, but he literally fell apart when I tried to pose him :monkey2

This is an old picture, but its got a lot of vintage goodness:
Shindana: JJ Evans
Mego: Fonze, Buckwheat, Gorn, Zira and Spiderman
Matchbox: Complete Voltron I
LJN: 12" V
Mattel: Calibos

ii.jpg

Sweet Calibos and V! I've been on the look out for a cheap carded Charon for quite some time now. I love the card artwork...

Seems I always miss out on the cheap COTT figures... I always find "completed" listings with good prices, but then the auctions I watch go for more than I want to pay.

If the new movie does well I fear I may never get a set of them :monkey2 But, as long as I can get a Perseus I'll be okay. I'd love a Kraken, but then I run into the lack of display space :monkey2

Back