Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A good friend of mine (the same one with the Flagg) actually wrote the Lee's supplement on Battle Beasts. I had a few as a kid but never knew how extensive and popular the line was, especially in Japan.

Yeah, its surprising. I don't know much about the Battle Beasts... but its a similar story with M.U.S.C.L.E. figures. In the US there were 236 different figures, but in Japan there were an additional 180 or so sculpts.

In my picture the gumball machine (and yellow figures outside of the containers) is a complete set of the non-US sculpts. Took me nearly 10 years to complete and I invested close to $2000 to do :lol Some of them cost $70 a piece :lol

Nice Thundercats collection MANDO, I am surprised to see that your Thundertank still has treads. Most often than not they are always missing or crumbled into pieces. I will dig around for some of my pics.

Here are some old pictures of my Thundercats collection (I only need a few more), Super Powers, and GI JOE.

topbook1.jpg
topbook2.jpg

spcollection.jpg

shelf2pt1.jpg
shelf2pt2.jpg

Awesome! All your stuff look to be in prostine condition, Deak!

Congrats on the Thundercats, I see a lot of rarer figures in there.

Joes look great as well. Those risers are a great way to display lots of figures in one space.

Super Powers are some cool figures. I had a pretty substantial amount of them but ended selling most of 'em a few years ago. Nice to see Swampthing in there as well and is that the Toybiz DC Riddler or the Argentinian one? I think I see John Stewart in there as well. :D

Secret Wars were pretty cool. Used to love the hell out of that Wolverine. Fine vintage.

Now that is a post full of awesomeness! Super Powers is another set I'd love to have!

I have all of the US Secret Wars figures... just don't have a good picture of them handy.

Man, how I wish I still had all my old toys, we moved around a lot when I was a kid and everything would disappear. I had near complete collections of G1 Transformers, He-Man, Thundercats, G.I. Joe, Die-Cast Voltron (Lion and Vehicle) and a ton of other stuff. This thread brings back so many memories. :monkey2

Decided to break out the Thundercats. Most these haven't seen daylight in quite some time. Not a complete collection by any stretch. The only ones I still really want to get are Bengali and Grune and the Brebils.

Thundercats.jpg

Thundercats5.jpg

Thundercats2.jpg

Thundercats6.jpg

Shiner and Cracker both came from the lcs junk bins hence the spotting and wear.
Mando, you are my new hero! :rock

My 3 3/4 Gi Joe collection.
Sorry for the crappy pics but it's kinda dark here!

IMG_5551.jpg
Seb, your Joe dislay is pimp!! :rock

cool stuff guys, I don't have ANYTHING from my childhood and never really went back in time to get them. :(

Awesome! All your stuff look to be in prostine condition, Deak!

Congrats on the Thundercats, I see a lot of rarer figures in there.

Joes look great as well. Those risers are a great way to display lots of figures in one space.

Super Powers are some cool figures. I had a pretty substantial amount of them but ended selling most of 'em a few years ago. Nice to see Swampthing in there as well and is that the Toybiz DC Riddler or the Argentinian one? I think I see John Stewart in there as well. :D

Secret Wars were pretty cool. Used to love the hell out of that Wolverine. Fine vintage.

Thanks MANDO, good eye there. And yeah I am a real prick when it comes to condition of my figures. Some you can't help (TCats) but others are off the card so to speak. SP were a _____ to complete and one day I'd like to pick up the UK Secret Wars figures.

Now that is a post full of awesomeness! Super Powers is another set I'd love to have!

I have all of the US Secret Wars figures... just don't have a good picture of them handy.

Thanks GB! Everyone here has a lot of cool stuff, I need to post pics of my MIB (it was sealed) Castle Grayskull. I also have a complete Kenner SW collection but don't have pics. Most of this stuff is in boxes now, they need new Billy/Besta cases. :(

AWESOME collections Starkiller! I love those Super Powers figures. I started to collect those again but got sidetracked. At the moment, I have a carded Flash and the Hall of Heroes. I really still want to pick up Batman, Robin and the Batmobile.

Yeah, its surprising. I don't know much about the Battle Beasts... but its a similar story with M.U.S.C.L.E. figures. In the US there were 236 different figures, but in Japan there were an additional 180 or so sculpts.

In my picture the gumball machine (and yellow figures outside of the containers) is a complete set of the non-US sculpts. Took me nearly 10 years to complete and I invested close to $2000 to do :lol Some of them cost $70 a piece :lol

$70?!?! DAMN!!! Yeah, that line is crazy. I think most I've ever paid for mine is $1 each. :D I'm just working on a complete set of the US, flesh colored figures which I had as a kid...

For the US ones you don't want to pay over a $1 for any... except maybe Satan Cross (non-poster figure #236) but the non-US start at $2-$3 and can go up to $1500 :lol

And since people in the US are crazy about "The Claw" (#153); purple ones, which are said to be rare sell for close to $200 :google

Man, how I wish I still had all my old toys, we moved around a lot when I was a kid and everything would disappear. I had near complete collections of G1 Transformers, He-Man, Thundercats, G.I. Joe, Die-Cast Voltron (Lion and Vehicle) and a ton of other stuff. This thread brings back so many memories. :monkey2

That's what happened to a lot of our stuff. Over time the Ghostbusters dissappeared, Silverhawks dissappeared, MOTU dissappeared. Not really sure what happened to a lot of it. I do know that both Lion-Os broke because I played with them so much. :lol

cool stuff guys, I don't have ANYTHING from my childhood and never really went back in time to get them. :(

Prog, I don't think I've got anything from my childhood except for a few Joes. Most of it's been picked up second hand throughout the years. Every once in while I get bit hard by the nostalgia bug and I track down an old gem circa 198?.

Thanks MANDO, good eye there. And yeah I am a real prick when it comes to condition of my figures. Some you can't help (TCats) but others are off the card so to speak. SP were a _____ to complete and one day I'd like to pick up the UK Secret Wars figures.

Gotta agree there! I found Captain Marvel's cape for fifty cents at a Flea Market some years ago amidst a pile of junk McDonalds toys. It took me three years to find a decent Captain Marvel (sans cape) to go with it. He'd pop up on ebay in mint/complete condition and then soar to crazy amounts. Finally scored a nice one for about $30 without the cape.

Thanks GB! Everyone here has a lot of cool stuff, I need to post pics of my MIB (it was sealed) Castle Grayskull. I also have a complete Kenner SW collection but don't have pics. Most of this stuff is in boxes now, they need new Billy/Besta cases. :(

Must... see... MIB... Castle... :drool

The original Castle Greyskull had some killer boxart. I had a cousin who I'm pretty sure had all the Masters stuff. I think that's where I first saw Faker and then a couple years later picked up the re-issue around '87 or so.

Yeah, I have very few items from my childhood... mostly since I destroyed toys :lol

So now I buy them from adults who weren't as abusive towards their possessions :lol

For the US ones you don't want to pay over a $1 for any... except maybe Satan Cross (non-poster figure #236) but the non-US start at $2-$3 and can go up to $1500 :lol

And since people in the US are crazy about "The Claw" (#153); purple ones, which are said to be rare sell for close to $200 :google

Ha, do you know all the figures by their names and numbers? I was looking at them all and there's no way I can remember them. To help myself, I've started individually bagging them and writing the # on it to help.

Nah, just know #s for some of the more popular ones. But I do have the poster which is an immense help... too bad I got it after having nearly completed my set using on-line resources :lol

But come to think of it I do know the actual Japanese Names for at least 1/2 of them. Funny thing is most of the figures are duplicates of previous characters, but in different outfits/poses. Never knew that until I started getting into collecting the Japanese ones.

Battle Beats had a poster as well... only seen it once though, but I think it had names and numbers.

Nah, just know #s for some of the more popular ones. But I do have the poster which is an immense help... too bad I got it after having nearly completed my set using on-line resources :lol

But come to think of it I do know the actual Japanese Names for at least 1/2 of them. Funny thing is most of the figures are duplicates of previous characters, but in different outfits/poses. Never knew that until I started getting into collecting the Japanese ones.

Battle Beats had a poster as well... only seen it once though, but I think it had names and numbers.

I have to get that MUSCLE poster one of these days. The on-line references are helpful but the poster is much cooler. :cool:

I've seen the Battle Beast poster, my buddy has it hanging up in his hallway. :lol

That's what happened to a lot of our stuff. Over time the Ghostbusters dissappeared, Silverhawks dissappeared, MOTU dissappeared. Not really sure what happened to a lot of it. I do know that both Lion-Os broke because I played with them so much. :lol

Prog, I don't think I've got anything from my childhood except for a few Joes. Most of it's been picked up second hand throughout the years. Every once in while I get bit hard by the nostalgia bug and I track down an old gem circa 198?.

Gotta agree there! I found Captain Marvel's cape for fifty cents at a Flea Market some years ago amidst a pile of junk McDonalds toys. It took me three years to find a decent Captain Marvel (sans cape) to go with it. He'd pop up on ebay in mint/complete condition and then soar to crazy amounts. Finally scored a nice one for about $30 without the cape.

Must... see... MIB... Castle... :drool

The original Castle Greyskull had some killer boxart. I had a cousin who I'm pretty sure had all the Masters stuff. I think that's where I first saw Faker and then a couple years later picked up the re-issue around '87 or so.

I'll post up some picks of my Grayskull for now here are a couple close up shots of some rare Thundercats...

thedriller.jpg

stinger.jpg

BENGALI.jpg

Back