Vintage Collectibles Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would think anything mid-90's and older would get the "vintage" tag. Definitely 80's as all of that stuff is now over 20yrs old.

My 3 3/4 Gi Joe collection.
Sorry for the crappy pics but it's kinda dark here!

IMG_5551.jpg

IMG_5552.jpg

IMG_5553.jpg

IMG_5554.jpg

IMG_5555.jpg

Well, it's not all necessarily vintage, but I have a box where I keep momento toys from my youth, I like to hold onto little bits from the past, so as I got rid of collections, I kept a figure or two that I'd enjoy having.

vintage.jpg

That's a great idea MaulFan!!
Those look great!!

Man, how I love those old packages! The art on some of 'em is great...I miss the eighties...

:lecture

grayskull.jpg

Love the above He-Man image... its been my work computer's background for the last 6 mos :rock

Killer Joe collection Elvis, and the display is damn classy looking :rock Are those the ones Slade sent you?

Sweet Joe setup, Seb! Very well spread out and plenty of great figures in there.

Man vintage toy art was so badass! He-Man and Joe art especially.

Who's got the BATTLE BEASTS? ? ? ? ? ? my collection is packed away.

they were my favotite...HOLOGRAMS...talk about the 80's...what's not to love ?

A couple shots of the Thundertank before boxing them all back up. :( WHile it's conciderably underscaled it's a pretty neat toy regardless.

Thundertank1.jpg

Thundertank.jpg

Who's got the BATTLE BEASTS? ? ? ? ? ? my collection is packed away.

they were my favotite...HOLOGRAMS...talk about the 80's...what's not to love ?

Sadly I only have a couple of those... but they are a damn cool series of toys. And on an interesting note were made by Takara and I guess have some kind of a Transformers tie-in.

Oooh... the Kraken! Now that's a killer figure. I only have the Calibos figure from that series. I had the figure that looked like a Roman soldier as well, but he literally fell apart when I tried to pose him :monkey2

This is an old picture, but its got a lot of vintage goodness:
Shindana: JJ Evans
Mego: Fonze, Buckwheat, Gorn, Zira and Spiderman
Matchbox: Complete Voltron I
LJN: 12" V
Mattel: Calibos

ii.jpg
Nice collection galactiboy, but I kinda have an OT question. How did you get your Medicom Godzilla to stand? I can't quite figure out how to get the tail to properly fit, so I just lean it up against a box to get it to stand.

I don't know if they still are but Battle Beasts a few years ago became prized as hell. People used to pay crazy money for lots of 15-20. I assume it has to do with the small nature of the figures plus the rubsigns. They do hail from Transformers in Japan continuity but I don't know any of the specifics.

The Medicom Godzilla has an odd center of gravity... I know I shaped the rods in his tail so that it would push upwards a bit, but not look bunched up. He leans forward a bit, but up to this point has never fallen over.

I don't know if they still are but Battle Beasts a few years ago became prized as hell. People used to pay crazy money for lots of 15-20. I assume it has to do with the small nature of the figures plus the rubsigns. They do hail from Transformers in Japan continuity but I don't know any of the specifics.

Some of them sell for $200+ when you get into the Japanese "Laser Beasts". A big factor on price is not only the rub sign and condition, but the accessories. Those little weapons are quite easy to lose.

My 3 3/4 Gi Joe collection.
Sorry for the crappy pics but it's kinda dark here!

AWESOME collection! I love the old Joes and will revisit them one day.

Here's my only vintage Joe piece that I picked up at an Antique shop for $10 two years ago:

GIJoeMeanDog1.jpg

HOLY CRAP, that's awesome! Thanks for the pic!

I had a buddy pick me up the Art book Mattel put out for SDCC. What a disappointment. They really need a nice hardbound book with all the original paintings. They were magnificent.

A couple shots of the Thundertank before boxing them all back up. :( WHile it's conciderably underscaled it's a pretty neat toy regardless.

Thundertank1.jpg

Very nice! The Thundertank has always been my most wanted Thundercats piece.

Some of them sell for $200+ when you get into the Japanese "Laser Beasts". A big factor on price is not only the rub sign and condition, but the accessories. Those little weapons are quite easy to lose.

A good friend of mine (the same one with the Flagg) actually wrote the Lee's supplement on Battle Beasts. I had a few as a kid but never knew how extensive and popular the line was, especially in Japan.

I don't have any pictures; but I used to have figures from Buck Rogers and the Original Battlestar Galactica show...the little dog figure was so cool...Whippet?

Back