Venom: Let There Be Carnage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How could they even explain this Venom having a spider symbol on his chest? There is no tie to Spider-Man whatsoever. What would be the point?

Eddie like spiders...

So stupid. These are alien scifi movies, not comic book movies.
Patience, I’m sure he’s going to meet up with a Spidey.

Patience, I’m sure he’s going to meet up with a Spidey.
What would even be the point? As hopeful as some may be, why would you even want that with this incarnation?

There is no bad blood between Eddie Brock and Peter Parker. They've never met and don't even know each other. Venom's origins are literally tied to Peter Parker's Spider-Man more so than almost any other villain I can even think of. Who cares if they meet up?

At this point it would just be pandering to the fans (& a big payday for Sony after these start failing). The dynamic will have no meaning other than giddy fan boys crying tears of joy. It will serve no narrative for either character. It could just the same be any old super hero going after Venom the anti hero. Might as well be Black Cat, or like you said A Spidey. Make it Spider-Gwen, Spider-Girl, Silk, or the myriad of other female Spider characters to simply fit the PC culture. A female can come along and give ole Eddie/Venom a proper beat down and put him in his place. Girl Power is the narrative of the day.

What would even be the point? As hopeful as some may be, why would you even want that with this incarnation?

There is no bad blood between Eddie Brock and Peter Parker. They've never met and don't even know each other. Venom's origins are literally tied to Peter Parker's Spider-Man more so than almost any other villain I can even think of. Who cares if they meet up?

At this point it would just be pandering to the fans (& a big payday for Sony after these start failing). The dynamic will have no meaning other than giddy fan boys crying tears of joy. It will serve no narrative for either character. It could just the same be any old super hero going after Venom the anti hero. Might as well be Black Cat, or like you said A Spidey. Make it Spider-Gwen, Spider-Girl, Silk, or the myriad of other female Spider characters to simply fit the PC culture. A female can come along and give ole Eddie/Venom a proper beat down and put him in his place. Girl Power is the narrative of the day.

Thinking of a way to make it work story wise is the job of the writers, it’s not like they haven’t done anything crazier than a potential meet up between Venom and Spider-Man. The majority of the fans would want that, and like you said there is no other character whos origin story is as tied to another character as Venom and Spider-Man. Would be a missed opportunity, fan service wise and money wise.

If a company made a movie where giddy fanboys would be crying, wouldn’t that be a mission accomplished?

A woman Spider-Man would be nice. And I think MCU Peter should have been Miles Morales, he basically acts like him.

Regarding your point about Venom and Spidey not having bad blood between them. I’ll try to elaborate. With the recent Suicide Squad, there are 2 characters called Bloodsport and Peacemaker. There is up until one specific scene no issues between them, but in a instant, there suddenly was (keeping it vague if you haven’t seen the movie). So my point is that it doesn’t matter if they don’t have bad blood when they meet up.
For me, it doesn’t matter, I’ve enjoyed Venom, thought it was very enjoyable, and am very excited for Carbage.
He looks very menacing, and loved the detail where he is literally tearing himself apart to turn into Carnage, whereas Venom is more of a suit over Eddie.

Thinking of a way to make it work story wise is the job of the writers, it’s not like they haven’t done anything crazier than a potential meet up between Venom and Spider-Man. The majority of the fans would want that, and like you said there is no other character whos origin story is as tied to another character as Venom and Spider-Man. Would be a missed opportunity, fan service wise and money wise.

If a company made a movie where giddy fanboys would be crying, wouldn’t that be a mission accomplished?

A woman Spider-Man would be nice. And I think MCU Peter should have been Miles Morales, he basically acts like him.
I for one am glad MCU Spider-Man is Peter Parker. I'm sure they'll bring in Miles once Tom Holland gets sick of playing Spider-Man so they can carry on the mantle of Spider-Man just like they are doing with basically every other Avenger. Why have ten years of Spider-Man when you can have twenty?

I for one am glad MCU Spider-Man is Peter Parker. I'm sure they'll bring in Miles once Tom Holland gets sick of playing Spider-Man so they can carry on the mantle of Spider-Man just like they are doing with basically every other Avenger. Why have ten years of Spider-Man when you can have twenty?
The sooner they sideline MCU Peter the better, such a terrible take on Peter Parker.

I’m thinking Shang Chi gave them confidence to finally release this rather than delay it for the 42nd time.
I'd like to trash this film, but the original made big bucks. The people wanted Venom and it showed, especially overseas. Tom Hardy sells and so will Harrelson for the sequel. I can count on the story being awful, that's for sure.

Back