Venom: Let There Be Carnage

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When did people start forgetting that Venom was a goofy character in the comics, cartoons and games?

People here don’t read comics, watch cartoons, or play games, so they don’t know anything about the character. Everyone crying doesn’t know what Venom is really like. Like man, reading the comments is hilarious. Shows how out of touch the lot here really is.

Movie looks good.

People here don’t read comics, watch cartoons, or play games, so they don’t know anything about the character. Everyone crying doesn’t know what Venom is really like. Like man, reading the comments is hilarious. Shows how out of touch the lot here really is.

Movie looks good.

Venom was really scary when he dressed Eddie up as a nun though.

Movie looks good.

I have and the movie still sucked. Cool CGI doesn't make a good movie. The MC chase was beyond stupid. Venom and Brock are better as the villain or a supporting character like Bucky. There isn't enough with the character to make him a appealing leading role. Venom is always better with Spider-Man.

I don't know how any Spider-Man fan can like these movies. It's not comic book Venom. It's a Scifi movie about alien symbiotes. I never saw the 1st one cause it looked awful. This one looks even worse...

:dunno To each their own.

And as far as Venom's character, I own every Venom comic book up until about 2000. And no, Venom wasn't silly and campy till much later. Just like Deadpool was a serious character in the beginning as well. Venom became so big that Marvel didn't know what to do with him. They couldn't keep using him as a villain to Spider-Man, thus he became an antihero. And has been all over the place since.

This just makes me sad in that we'll never get a proper Spider-Man/Venom movie. I hate to say it out loud, but even Raimi's uninspiring Spider-Man 3's Venom is better than this crap...

I don't know how any Spider-Man fan can like these movies. It's not comic book Venom. It's a Scifi movie about alien symbiotes. I never saw the 1st one cause it looked awful. This one looks even worse...

And as far as Venom's character, I own every Venom comic book up until about 2000. And no, Venom wasn't silly and campy till much later. Just like Deadpool was a serious character in the beginning as well. Venom became so big that Marvel didn't know what to do with him. They couldn't keep using him as a villain to Spider-Man, thus he became an antihero. And has been all over the place since.

This just makes me sad in that we'll never get a proper Spider-Man/Venom movie. I hate to say it out loud, but even Raimi's uninspiring Spider-Man 3's Venom is better than this crap...

Somebody hasn't read 90s Venom then.

Somebody hasn't read 90s Venom then.

I did just say that I own EVERY Venom comic book till around 2000 didn't I? All his appearances in the 4 main Spidey books. Amazing, Web Of, Spectacular, and just plain Spider-Man. And all of his original Mini series books, all the crossovers, Maximum Carnage, Planet of the Symbiotes. Too many to list.

But I certainly don't ever remember Venom talking to people as Eddie Brock meandered around the city. It was mostly internal dialogue. Even in the cartoons Venom was more serious than campy.

Maybe I've forgotten? :lol

You seem pretty certain that the first movie is awful considering you havent seen it :dunno

Been a lifetime Spider-Man fan, he is my all time favourite superhero yet I enjoyed Venom, regardless of what anyone else thinks: and Im gonna watch this one too.

You seem pretty certain that the first movie is awful considering you havent seen it :dunno

Been a lifetime Spider-Man fan, he is my all time favourite superhero yet I enjoyed Venom, regardless of what anyone else thinks: and Im gonna watch this one too.

And you should see it. I'm glad you like it.

It's just not the Venom I'd like to see. So I chose not to watch the 1st movie. Just like I will skip this. But that doesn't mean I can't make a comment about it. I didn't insult anyone. Just that I'm surprised Spider-Man fans seem to like this.

And you should see it. I'm glad you like it.

It's just not the Venom I'd like to see. So I chose not to watch the 1st movie. Just like I will skip this. But that doesn't mean I can't make a comment about it. I didn't insult anyone. Just that I'm surprised Spider-Man fans seem to like this.

Fair enough, I would at least suggest giving it a chance, even if you just stick it on in the background.

Its kinda like the Solo of Marvel movies, not a masterpiece by any means but just a dumb fun ride.

Fair enough, I would at least suggest giving it a chance, even if you just stick it on in the background.

Its kinda like the Solo of Marvel movies, not a masterpiece by any means but just a dumb fun ride.

I actually have it recorded on my Hard Drive. Figured maybe one day I may decide to watch it. So far, that day has not arrived....

:lol

I also have yet to see Amazing Spider-Man 2 as I heavily disliked the 1st one. Although I did buy it on BD on Black Friday for $5 after Sony/Marvel announced it was dead and Spidey was moving back to the MCU. Again, maybe someday....

Yea I?m fine with venom being goofy. He?s somewhat goofy when he fights spidey. He has a sick sense of humor but I don?t like the exclusion of Spider-Man and making carnage a venom villain than a Spider-Man villain.

I just feel like this was an avi arad movie and we all know he sucks at life so . He ruined the other films

I actually have it recorded on my Hard Drive. Figured maybe one day I may decide to watch it. So far, that day has not arrived....

:lol

I also have yet to see Amazing Spider-Man 2 as I heavily disliked the 1st one. Although I did buy it on BD on Black Friday for $5 after Sony/Marvel announced it was dead and Spidey was moving back to the MCU. Again, maybe someday....

Delete Venom. Just watch the Venom action parts on YT and you scratch the itch. YT is fantastic for video games and movies. Can zoom to the best parts.

Take the ASM2 BD and throw it in the trash where it belongs.

k9fut5isxay61.jpg

Interesting!

giphy.gif

*Me about to watch this one and enjoy it like the 1st one*

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I?m a huge Spider-Man fan, and I thought Venom was...ok. They got his look right (minus the white spider symbol), and the action set pieces were cool, but the plot was lame and I feel like they wasted Tom Hardy. I?ll see this one (but not in the theater), but my biggest hope out of this movie is getting a cool HT Carnage figure.

He?s the worst Eddie brock. Yea yea. Say what you want about topher grace but if he wasn?t skinny and nerdy he?d have the look and motivations down . I don?t remember Brock being some weird jittery weird guy who jumped in lobster tanks when he got the symbiote. He fully embraced the symbiote and wanted to eat people.

Topher did it better as Brock . Fight me!

Back