VanderStelt Studio- The Balrog "Bane of Durin" Fine Art prints available now!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: VanderStelt Studio- The Balrog "Bane of Durin" Fine Art prints available now!

Thank you for the kind comment : ) As far as "Gifting" my shipments, the problem is that I cannot properly declare a value to insure it. If it gets lost, then I am liable to replace it, so I need to declare the value, so if by chance there is damage or loss due to the carrier, I can make a claim and send a replacement to the customer and get compensated. :)

JV
no problem Jerry.....i will be pick this up in the new year :clap..
and thanks for the reply :)

Re: VanderStelt Studio- The Balrog "Bane of Durin" Fine Art prints available now!

Will get this sometime in 2014...Right now got the money saved up for the DOS Collectors Edition Epic sized Canvas Gallery wrap to go with my AUJ Canvas...hopefully in Early 2014...:yess:

A Smaug you say? Yep! Gonna do that. Just have some other pieces to get done then off to a dragon piece : )
The closest I have to that for now is Daddy Rog here below:

BaneofDurinFB_zps681e6c0a.jpg

JV

Looking forward to seeing what you do with DOS in creating your print. :rock

Looking forward to seeing what you do with DOS in creating your print. :rock
Have a Thorin to paint, then maybe a Star Wars project, then off to my DOS piece than perhaps a "Smaug-centric" piece!

JV

Last edited:

Have a Thorin to paint, then maybe a Star Wars project, then off to my DOS piece than perhaps a "Smaug-centric" piece!

JV

Looking forward to Smaug as well Jerry. I am going to assume there will be a lot of gold paint used on that one...

Incredible piece!

Finally an excuse to properly use a gold border matte when framing one of your pieces.

JV

I'm excited to see what you do with Star Wars. So far I haven't seen one in that line I HAVE to get; I dig the R2 one but my heart goes Dark Side. An emperor could be kick *** but I'm not a fan of portraits.

Many coins !

JV

In your bank hopefully!

I'm excited to see what you do with Star Wars. So far I haven't seen one in that line I HAVE to get; I dig the R2 one but my heart goes Dark Side. An emperor could be kick *** but I'm not a fan of portraits.

I take it you haven't seen this...

SWOTLTD124.jpg

I take it you haven't seen this...

SWOTLTD124.jpg

Acme Archives' site seems to have issues right now so no :lol

edit: i saw it earlier in another thread i think. Talon is not iconic enough for me to justify a painting but it is definitely very nice. i love Knight of Passage too.

edit2: I've loved Knights of the Old and Luminous Beings for a while. Had bookmarked then a while back before I even knew Jerry from this forum thanks to the Sauron piece.

Last edited:

What's written on the wall Jerry? What does it mean?
"The world is grey, the mountains old, the forger's fire is ashen cold".......
the entire poem :)

JV

and here we thought it was just something you made up Jerry :)

The amount of detail on this print is amazing guys. You have to see it in person to fully appreciate it.

I love the use of perspective to make the Balrog seem even bigger. The use of lighting also comes off well with all the shadows being casted from his fire. I know it's supposed to be dark, ashy and dusty but is a shame you don't get more reflection from the weapons in the ground. There is however a lot of dead bodies once you examine this piece carefully with lots of detail.

Word of advise: get the largest size for this print that you can afford. It's a huge character and the details/perspective and overall composition demand it.

yea, even though it's very pricey, I will be going with the biggest size canvas available. Will be bigger than any of my mondo posters, that's huge. Hey Jerry, if you see this post, do you by any chance offer canvas stretching so it's frame ready when it gets here? I haven't looked yet if there are lots of frame options that will work with the thick gallery wrap or not. I also wonder if buying frames online is cheaper or not.

yea, even though it's very pricey, I will be going with the biggest size canvas available. Will be bigger than any of my mondo posters, that's huge. Hey Jerry, if you see this post, do you by any chance offer canvas stretching so it's frame ready when it gets here? I haven't looked yet if there are lots of frame options that will work with the thick gallery wrap or not. I also wonder if buying frames online is cheaper or not.
Regular stretching is the way to go if you're not really interested in gallery wrapping only. If you're goal is to stretch it and frame it then definitely don't go the gallery wrap option. If you live in an area where there's a Michaels or another reputable framer, then then go that route. Your standard stretching bars should accept pretty much every frame that's out there. personally I would not look for online frames if it was me because I would want to have the Canvas right up next to the frame samples to see how it works with the art itself. perhaps you could have a regular stretched job done and a frame job done at a Michaels and use that 40 percent coupon and have big savings that way : )

The Balrog - "Bane of Durin" EPIC PAPER EDITION (28 x 36) just came in today, what a nice Christmas present already on the 23th ;)

It got # 2/2000 wow, nice number and awesome item, ty Jerry!

You were one of the first, so congrats on that super low number! Be sure to show us your finished look of the print once it on display!

JV

Back