VanderStelt Studio- The Balrog "Bane of Durin" Fine Art prints available now!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: VanderStelt Studio- The Balrog "Bane of Durin" Fine Art prints available now!

Oh please, please, please, please, please for the love of God let Sideshow make an awesome maquette/statue of this like they did with your Sauron art.

We haven't had a truly great Balrog piece yet since the original Daddy from Sideshow Weta . . .

And don't tell me that wasn't the FIRST thing that crossed everyone's mind when they saw this masterpiece . . .

Re: VanderStelt Studio- The Balrog "Bane of Durin" Fine Art prints available now!

Oh please, please, please, please, please for the love of God let Sideshow make an awesome maquette/statue of this like they did with your Sauron art.

We haven't had a truly great Balrog piece yet since the original Daddy from Sideshow Weta . . .

And don't tell me that wasn't the FIRST thing that crossed everyone's mind when they saw this masterpiece . . .

:goodpost:

Chris

Amen to that!

It would be complete epicness but it would need to be a large statue. Around 40" would make an impact.

It would be complete epicness but it would need to be a large statue. Around 40" would make an impact.

I agree, it should be something much larger than the original SSW Balrog, comparable in size to Sauron PF.

What's the difference between epic paper and the normal stuff?

Chris

The Paper quality for all the Paper Giclees are Breathing Color's Exclusive "Pura Velvet", 100 year Archival. The sizes are 18 x 24, 24 x 32 and the Epic sized paper is 28 x 36. The same goes for the Canvases using Breathing Color's "Lyve" archival canvas. SIzes for the canvases are identicle to above mentioned sizes, with the additional 2.5 inch border for Gallery Wrapping. Go here and check out the drop-down menu tab to see the sizes breakdown : https://store.vandersteltstudio.com...-Bane-of-Durin-PAPER-EDITION-BALROG-PAPER.htm

Thanks!
JV

Amazing work!

The Paper quality for all the Paper Giclees are Breathing Color's Exclusive "Pura Velvet", 100 year Archival. The sizes are 18 x 24, 24 x 32 and the Epic sized paper is 28 x 36. The same goes for the Canvases using Breathing Color's "Lyve" archival canvas. SIzes for the canvases are identicle to above mentioned sizes, with the additional 2.5 inch border for Gallery Wrapping. Go here and check out the drop-down menu tab to see the sizes breakdown : https://store.vandersteltstudio.com...-Bane-of-Durin-PAPER-EDITION-BALROG-PAPER.htm

Thanks!
JV

Cool thanks.

I'll be ordering.

Chris

What exactly is Gallery wrapping? I'm new to this :)

Balrog (and the Moria part) is basically my favorite part of the whole LotR/Hobbit movies. One of my all time movie scenes period. So seeing this makes it really hard to resist even though I have no clue where I would be able to put (without antagonizing the wife).

And yes a Maquette based on this would probably be insta-buy.

What exactly is Gallery wrapping? I'm new to this :)

Balrog (and the Moria part) is basically my favorite part of the whole LotR/Hobbit movies. One of my all time movie scenes period. So seeing this makes it really hard to resist even though I have no clue where I would be able to put (without antagonizing the wife).

And yes a Maquette based on this would probably be insta-buy.

Hi Drakul.

"Gallery Wrapping" is for Canvas Editions only. The canvas Editions have a 2.5 inch border included on the canvas surface to allow the canvas to be stretched around a wooded frame. This border then serves as the top, bottom and sides of the canvas, allowing the wrapped canvas to stick out from the wall roughly 1.75 inches. This is one of the ways people display their canvases without a frame. Gallery Wrapped canvases can also be framed, so there are several options you can choose.
Other people order their canvas rolled and have their own local framer stretch their canvas for them instead. Some people don't want the hassle, so I offer to have it done, all ready to hang with all the necessary hardware included in the "Gallery Wrap" option.

Here are two images to help show what it looks like :

hobbitgallerywrapoption_zps284ead27.jpg

gallerywrapback.jpg

JV

Gotcha. i think this painting begs for either a classic intricate golden frame or on the opposite spectrum a very simple black frame.

I asked my wife if she'd offer it to me for Christmas and got a "hell nah!" so I may have to sneak that one in somehow :lol

You will not regret a canvas piece. A deep thick old world frame would look best for this piece. Nothing beats a canvas painting

Has anyone from the UK ordered a print before can you tell me how much customs cost if at all or does Jerry mark up as gift?
i was also wondering about this.
btw great work Jerry :clap:clap fantastic :clap

You will not regret a canvas piece. A deep thick old world frame would look best for this piece. Nothing beats a canvas painting

so the canvas would have to be stretched right or can it be framed as is?

Hopefully we get another awesome Balrog statue soon to display with this.

Canvas must be stretched to look tight when Framed

i was also wondering about this.
btw great work Jerry :clap:clap fantastic :clap

Thank you for the kind comment : ) As far as "Gifting" my shipments, the problem is that I cannot properly declare a value to insure it. If it gets lost, then I am liable to replace it, so I need to declare the value, so if by chance there is damage or loss due to the carrier, I can make a claim and send a replacement to the customer and get compensated. :)

JV

You can have a good framer mount the canvas to a rigid hardboard such as tempered masonite, then frame it, or just get it stretched, or gallery wrapped, then frame it. Otherwise, these canvases come rolled so you can choose how to finish it with your local framer.
I try to help folks that may not have a place that does this service in their area, so I offer the Gallery Wrap option, which is ready to hang out of the box without a frame. You can always frame it later, because the Gallery Wrap option is designed to look great without a frame as well. : )

JV

I always get mine gallery wrapped from you, so it can be framed as is like that?

I think we will need a Smaug to go beside this Balrog at some point Jerry

Back