VanderStelt Studio- The Balrog "Bane of Durin" Fine Art prints available now!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dutchart

Super Freak
Reaction score
VanderStelt Studio- The Balrog "Bane of Durin" Fine Art prints available now!

Hi friends.

This project has been in the works for far too long, but finally, I have it done and available in both Canvas and Paper Giclees. Sizes for both Canvas and Paper are: 18x24, 24x32 and 28x36. As before, the canvases have 2.5 inches of printed "border" around those dimensions to allow for my Gallery Wrap option.

Here is a direct link to where you can find these new items as well as all my other LOTR and Star Wars Fine Art :wink1: :https://store.vandersteltstudio.com/Lord-of-the-Rings_c3.htm

Enjoy the images

BaneofDurinFB_zps681e6c0a.jpg

BaneofDurinheadshotFB_zpsfa9503ae.jpg

BaneofDurindetailFB_zpsee920905.jpg

BaneofDurindetail2FB_zps68184c1d.jpg

JV

Re: VanderStelt Studio- The Balrog "Bane of Durin" Fine Art prints available now!

Wow!
Absolutely stunning!
Nicely done, Jerry. :clap

Re: VanderStelt Studio- The Balrog "Bane of Durin" Fine Art prints available now!

I love it! That is stunning Jerry!! :rock

This is a masterpiece...I will get this sometime in 2014.

Last edited:

Another amazing piece. :bow

What's written on the wall Jerry? What does it mean?

What's written on the wall Jerry? What does it mean?

It's real words in Dwarven runes, which I believe are Farenorian in origin, used by the Dwarves of Moria. I don't want to spoil it, but you can find a translator online to see if you can figure it out : )

JV

why did you switch the size of this Jerry? I have 2 of your other canvases at 20x27, was really expecting this to be the same.

which Prints is do you have again ?

you must have the antique canvases which are actually based on the original paintings which were a different scale than the balrog is. A 20 x 27 would end up cropping too much art. Not all my originals are the sam size. Sorry about that.
JV

I have your Sauron and Aragorn/King of the dead canvas.

ok, not a huge biggie I guess. Is the only difference between the epic edition Balrog canvas and the original just size? Maybe I'll just put Balrog in the middle of the other 2.

Yes pretty much. There are limited sizes of the materials I use as well, which also comes into play, so in the interest of not cropping any art, especially critical areas that may change the intended effect, I select the sizes according to many factors, not just scaling bases on the original.
Now canvases and papers such as the Lord of the Rings trilogy and the Hobbit collage film 1 2 and 3 , those of course will match but the balrog really stands on his own according to that original size once again :)

Yay, Balrog is ready, time to order it... ;)

EDIT: epic paper edition ordered, hope it arrives before Christmas here in Europe ;)

Last edited:

I ordered my epic paper yesterday. This was worth the wait. Amazing work as always by Jerry!

Thanks everyone! Orders are being processed as soon as possible, especially during Christmas :wink1:

JV

Has anyone from the UK ordered a print before can you tell me how much customs cost if at all or does Jerry mark up as gift?

What's the difference between epic paper and the normal stuff?

Chris

size.........

Back