Vampire Louis by Figure Masters

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good!
4c04941d5add70731922060842699a6a.jpg
b4cc36b3e9b3dbbc9fdefeda70d8b852.jpg

Sent from my ALP-L29 using Tapatalk
a38d69db9954236e43a53d27df4379d4.jpg

Is that tauriel he is about to bite?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just brushed on some very thin washes of a light bluish gray. And making the lips redder just naturally makes him look paler as well.
Thanks man! I was thinking of trying white pastels. But I'll give this a go instead! I appreciate it. I'm still a novice when comes to painting. [emoji16][emoji51]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Wow.

My first add on set came and I am SOOOO much happier and impressed with it than I was seeing it in photos. In hand this figure is so much more impressive! What a deal you are getting. The veins in the head sculpt are super impressive and I like how light his eyes are; very accurate I say.

My second add on set was already a city next to me only a couple days after ordering. Super fast shipping for a smaller company.

I’ll definitely be looking out for more of Figure Masters releases.

Hey guys on Louis’ height, not sure if I’m late on this but you can adjust his height. Look at the pictures, there are these additional pegs that are removable. You can put them back on easily too. I haven’t compared his height with any other 1:6 figures yet with this modification but judging by the different I think it should really improve the scale.

I’m sure you can do this with the Louis in his 18th century clothing. Haven’t tried yet. Have to go to work soon.

IMG_0906.jpgIMG_0907.jpgIMG_0909.jpgIMG_0910.jpg

So the belt doesn’t have any holes and it doesn’t look like the pin is functional, likes it’s to short even if there were holes.

Am I missing something? I see other people have attached the belts just fine. Looks like the only route for me would be glue, is this right?

Also, where are you guys storing your Louis in black suit? Separate box after setting him up or are you taking the legs off and putting him back in the original box?

As far as the leg extenders go, the ones on the 18th century Louis were unfortunately glued together, and they do NOT come apart easily, even after warming it up first. I was only able to pry one of them off myself, and eventually gave up on the other. Thankfully though I had another COO body that I could swap out the legs with.

As far as the leg extenders go, the ones on the 18th century Louis were unfortunately glued together, and they do NOT come apart easily, even after warming it up first. I was only able to pry one of them off myself, and eventually gave up on the other. Thankfully though I had another COO body that I could swap out the legs with.

So it’s a coo body they are using? Are all coo bodies compatible? Also, did you buy the add on set, if so, how was your belt designed?

Yeah COO, same as QMX with their Trek figures. And not sure about all bodies, but these are the standard ones that you see most often.

Yeah the belt on the add on set doesn't have any holes so you just slide it through. I actually trimmed mine a bit since it was way too long.

Yeah COO, same as QMX with their Trek figures. And not sure about all bodies, but these are the standard ones that you see most often.

Yeah the belt on the add on set doesn't have any holes so you just slide it through. I actually trimmed mine a bit since it was way too long.

Doesn’t the buckle just sort of hang there? I slid mine in and it just sort of stuck out

Yea I don’t notice the belts on anyone else’s sticking out anymore than the usual 1/6 belts. But don’t usual 1/6 belts have a functional pin at the buckle and holes?

They are like 1/6 scale functional belts. The buckle on mine doesn’t have any holes to connect to so it just sort of sticks out a bit.

I figured it out. The belt buckle is tight but with minimal effort allows you to slight the belt strap all the way through. The design of the buckle pin is interesting; it gives the illusion that it’s a functional pin. Works out way better than the classic functional pin belts!

Yea the design of the belt buckle is so much better than the usual 1/6 scale belts with an actual functional pin and holes system. The usual 1/6 belts pin can get crooked or break off over time, not all of them but many. FIgureMasters buckle pin and easy sliding of the strap through the buckle ensure that the pin will never warp and the process of installation is easier than ever.

Even happier with the figure now!

Swap the body out and use a standard Narrow Shoulder

You guys will be a lot of happier I can’t understand
why they glue the extender down
Pitt looks taller than a 6’9 Basket Ball player

Once you swap him out, he looks much better

Swap the body out and use a standard Narrow Shoulder

You guys will be a lot of happier I can’t understand
why they glue the extender down
Pitt looks taller than a 6’9 Basket Ball player

Once you swap him out, he looks much better

Did you swap your body? Can you post a full pic?

I am shocked at the quality that FigureMasters have accomplished on Louis....really the more I have this guy out the more I am just shocked at the quality of the tailoring...the fabrics, the paint and the sculpt.

It really is too notch. I own a ridiculous number of hot toys figures; like a lot...and this really stands out among them all!

3b75806e5b717eed45f6b6f13461ad76.jpg

I should have futzed around with his shirt like this before taking that picture. Lol

Sorry for all the posts...so I finally got the leg extenders off of the 18th century Louis!! I’m about to put his clothing back on and I will edit this post with the picture when he is done. Right extender came off with some heating in water, left on the other hand; after clipping away at the extender on his left and prying it off with a flat head screw driver he care loose! :)

IMG_0952.jpg

Anyone notice he is slightly anatomically correct?? Lol thought that was funny. Looks natural with pants on tho.

IMG_0953.jpg

So even after taking the leg extenders out he is still a bit taller than the average 1:6 figure, but still a great improvement. The extenders can be reinserted need be but there is a little bit of a groove at the ankle. I think the leg extenders pushed that gap further down and made it smaller; giving it a more natural look. With a little bit of futzing it’s less noticeable. :)

IMG_0954.jpgIMG_0955.jpg

Btw, 18th century Louis is a little taller than modern Louis. I looked further and it’s the 18th century shoes that give him added height. Good to know.

Back