1/6 Toys Era - The Ock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So tempted on this figure (and the Green Goblin figure) but I don't want to start yet another line... Must... Resist...

Ahh go on; it’s worry it’s just for the fun of posing those tentacles!

There aren’t even that many characters you’d need to represent the Raimi saga really- so it’ll be a small collection.

Oc, Goblin and Spidey will do me but I’d also strongly consider Sandman, MJ and J.J.J.J. of course to pose holding a Peter’s note up to the sky and screaming ‘I want Spider-Man!’
Never cared for Harry’s Goblin and I’m getting the HT Venom so that has him covered too.

Yeah I finally received mine today as well, and even though I've been feeling underwhelmed by most pics, this guy somehow seems a thousand times cooler in hand. The likeness to Molina is really strong (if perhaps a bit cartoonish), the detail in the outfit is great, and those tentacles are absolutely amazing and make the figure look dynamic as hell on display.

The only real issue is with the small body, so I'll definitely need to figure out a way to correct that. Although ankle extenders do at least help a bit. Regardless, I think anyone who's a fan of the Raimi movies should definitely pick this up.

20201231_214306 (2).jpg

20201231_214454 (3).jpg

20201231_214402 (2).jpg

20201231_214236 (3).jpg

I totally agree! I was kind of looking forward to it but also apathetic as I didn?t expect much but I finally got around to opening it today and I?m just loving the hell out of this figure. It?s not completely up to par sculpt and paint wise but honestly it?s good enough. A full repaint and replacing some parts would take this all the way but it?s not worth my time to repaint every figure I have and because the presence of the rest of the figure is so good it totally carries it.

There?s stuff I?d replace like the cheesy thick pants and cheesy printed pattern coat which I?d gladly replace with something that was actually herringbone.

I almost ripped the wires out for a more natural hang but got it looking decent after some futzing.

The only issues I corrected were the weak joints i just dismantled them and lined the loose areas with athletic tape and put him back together right

I gave him long ankle pegs and a shorter hot toys neck peg and lastly replaced the Hugh Jackman chest with the chest that came off of enterbay elvis or Che or Han or whatever. Just slipped off the jackman one and slipped this on, no other mods. Easy as pie. And I think it looks really accurate to his body now, the part that shows anyways096531BF-26F8-40C2-A43B-F9D3EFABA147.jpeg392D8AB1-0E0A-4B73-BE57-7BEA16341CEE.jpegEBB193A6-4FCB-408A-979D-BC8DF035E740.jpeg

Thanks Coco. I watched the movie last night for the first time in a while (still fantastic and the action completely blows away anything in the newer movies) and saw a bunch of improvements that can be made, like adding the yellow to the tentacles and making them all charred and weathered up, along with adding some lighting. And his outfit needs to be weathered up a bit too...

But like Raymond says it's not a figure I really feel an urgent need to mod right now, and it still works perfectly fine as is.

Wow, fantastic figure! Ordered it on eBay in November, and it finally arrived today. Definitely the best 3rd party figure I ever bought. Can't wait for Green Goblin and Mysterio to join him.

IMG_7330.jpgIMG_7329.jpg

Great photos everyone, decided to pick up the head and jackets from TA to upgrade my Doc Ock. Still need to fine his goggles and a few money bags.

Back