1/6 Toys Era - The Ock

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
2nd chance on this at OSK and GianToy.

Not sure if they jacked the price since the first release.
They have, but that's probably dictated by Toys Era. At OSK The Ock increased by $30 (from $205 to $235), whereas The Fiend with Glider increased by $37 (from $228 to $265). They are $240 and $250 (respectively) at GianToy. $250 (with free shipping & no taxes) is still a great deal for GG on his glider. I think it would be silly to pass on that a 2nd time in hopes that HT can surpass it.

They have, but that's probably dictated by Toys Era. At OSK The Ock increased by $30 (from $205 to $235), whereas The Fiend with Glider increased by $37 (from $228 to $265). They are $240 and $250 (respectively) at GianToy. $250 (with free shipping & no taxes) is still a great deal for GG on his glider. I think it would be silly to pass on that a 2nd time in hopes that HT can surpass it.
Thanks for breaking it down. Prefer HT over any 3rd party, but that Goblin is looking great.

The Hot Toys Doc Ock (and Green Goblin) will undoubtedly be much better than the 3rd party figures. But that's the risk one takes. When these were solicited no one knew that these versions of these villains were going to be coming back. Not to mention, even if prototypes show up at conventions there's no guarantee HT is going to produce. Although in this case I think the chances are pretty high. I also won't be surprised if Doc Ock clocks in at around $350+ and Goblin w/glider is $400+. I just look at the 3rd party figures as placeholders for the next couple of years until the upgrades arrive. After which I'll either store, sell cheap, or give away.

The Hot Toys Doc Ock (and Green Goblin) will undoubtedly be much better than the 3rd party figures. But that's the risk one takes. When these were solicited no one knew that these versions of these villains were going to be coming back. Not to mention, even if prototypes show up at conventions there's no guarantee HT is going to produce. Although in this case I think the chances are pretty high. I also won't be surprised if Doc Ock clocks in at around $350+ and Goblin w/glider is $400+. I just look at the 3rd party figures as placeholders for the next couple of years until the upgrades arrive. After which I'll either store, sell cheap, or give away.

I'm curious how HT will approach making Doc Ock's tentacles. While the TE design is ingeniously simple and no doubt helped keep costs down, it does take some work to smooth out/align the individual segments so they look good. HT will no doubt try to outdo TE's tentacle design, but it will end up costing more as a result. If they don't look significantly better than TE's, I could see some people just picking up the loose HT sculpt rather than buying the full blown figure.

Regarding GG, I don't think HT's glider can improve upon TE's version enough to justify buying it and the original Spider-Man movie version GG again. Now if both he and his glider have an updated look that's another story. The good thing is OSK's pre-order cut-off for the TE versions is Dec. 24th, so most people will have seen how the glider(s?) looks/look on-screen and have some idea of how HT's might compare to the TE offering.

To improve the glider, HT could start by making it accurate size. TE's is rather small.

But like I said, I doubt HT would do the 2000's versions of Doc/Gobs... whatever the new version is would likely be Marvel's preference and HT's as well, so no risk of losing sales to those who already have the Toys Era.

And yes, both will be more expensive to boot.

I'm curious how HT will approach making Doc Ock's tentacles. While the TE design is ingeniously simple and no doubt helped keep costs down, it does take some work to smooth out/align the individual segments so they look good. HT will no doubt try to outdo TE's tentacle design, but it will end up costing more as a result. If they don't look significantly better than TE's, I could see some people just picking up the loose HT sculpt rather than buying the full blown figure.
I say check out the new Spider-Mans and their tentacle bases.

I think Hot Toys would definitely add electronics to the GG's glider to jack the price, I'm not sure if Doc Ock has some visible electronic lighting but I wouldn't put it past them to add that to him as well.

I think Hot Toys would definitely add electronics to the GG's glider to jack the price, I'm not sure if Doc Ock has some visible electronic lighting but I wouldn't put it past them to add that to him as well.
I want glowing pumpkin bombs too.

I say check out the new Spider-Mans and their tentacle bases.
Good point - I never considered getting the Integrated Suit with that $140 base, so I didn't realize the included tentacles articulated. Those HT tentacles do look smoother in the promo pics (& on the one on that exhibition tour) than the TE ones, but design wise they seem quite similar - i.e., I'm not sure replicating/maintaining that smoother look at home will be quite so simple.

Not dictated by Toys Era, its the currency rate difference over time plus shipping cost increases, we received 5 price increase notice from courier just in November.. it's not easy to estimate shipping cost nowadays..

Last edited:
I'm sure Hot Toys are going to approach Dr. Octupus and Green Goblin the same way they approached vulture, and rhino...

I'm guessing we get a redone electro and thats it for villains, maybe a sandman base with no figure this time.

Doc Ock and Goblin are better villains than Vulture and Rhino ever were, they will make those two for sure.
In terms of their history in the comics yes, but I would argue that Vulture was on par with them as far as movie villains go, especially in terms of his origin (how it tied to the original Avengers film) and his actual design.

Rhino doesn't even belong in the conversation lol...

This figure is an absolute !?#% to pose. The worst knee joints ever, the coat constantly gets in the way and just as you get the arms in position, one of them starts to droop. With a lot of time and care you could probably get something good from it.

8D0AD17D-0865-4543-A41C-1968F4F269B6.jpeg

Back