Top 10 Horror Movies...Let's have 'em

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really enjoyed the Entity

JAWS is a horror film. The Greatest Horror film EVER:D This film with the exception of The Exorcist scared more people then any other film in History. It is not straight foward Horror. It has elements of action, adventure, comedy and Drama. But deep down it gets us by our most primal fears. It's why it's not only the great horror movie but the Greatest film EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALIEN is a Horror film all the way IMO. It's horror with Sc-Fi elements. ALIENS on the other hand I would call Sci Fi.

I agree that Predator is not a horror film.

Halloween is a great film.

I love jaws and Alien has movies but not as horror movies,there not scary at all.

I watched Halloween,I loved it,great film.

Im going to order number 2,is it good?scary?
3 sounds boring,no myers?

Some terrified me in the theatre, others were simply morbidly absorbing:

1. Alien
2. Bride of Frankenstein
3. Dracula (Bela Lugosi)
4. Pit & the Pendulum (Vincent Price)
5. Black Sunday
6. Night of the Living Dead
7. Ringu
8. Poltergeist
9. Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956 original)
10. Phantom of the Opera (Lon Chaney)*

Honorable mentions to both versions of The Thing, Horror of Dracula, and 28 Days Later.

*Talk about your viewing priorities. I've owned the deluxe restored version of Phantom about a year and haven't seen it yet. The version I put at number ten is the one I saw as a kid...the ten-minute excerpt they used to show in the silent movie theatre on Main Street USA in Disneyland...scared me good, and also gave a feeling for the original viewing experience.

I consider JAWS an adventure movie with a horrifying climax, but I'd group it with the Indiana Jones movies, the 60's Harryhausen Mysterious Island and 7th Voyage of Sinbad, King Kong and other wonders. I may be wrong though. It may be the best horror film ever shot in almost total daylight.

Base on what scared me now and as a kid....

1)Shining
2)Jaws
3)Alien
4)Poltergiest
5)Friday the 13th (#1)
6)Halloween
7)Exorcist
8)Seven
9)Something Wicked this way comes (loved this as a kid) and there will be a remake
10)Sixth Sense (ghost scare me)

Argh! I though a particular film was discussed inthis thread but it either wasn't or I'm totally missing it. Anyhow for the person who recommened "Grave of the Fireflies" (not a horror film) I wanted to say THANK YOU!!! It was a fantastic animated film. Just fantastic!

Buffy,

Halloween 2 is great. It's almost as good as the original. You will never think of hospitals the same! Plus, the Last Starfighter is even in it.

:)

Skip part 3, it is not a real Halloween movie.

I thought part 4 was really good.

Even part 5 is pretty good.

Anything after that just falls short though.

Thank you.
Great I loved part 2:D
I have been watching other horror films,but when I finish my Halloween collection I will be missing the third one.

1: night of the living dead
2: dawn of the dead
3: the shining
4: re-animator
5: the return of the living dead
6: the uglies
7: the texas chainsaw massacre
8: friday the 13th
9: a nightmare on elm street
10: day of the dead

p.s. there are many more to add on there, but the most recent great horror movie has to be SILENT HILL..... awesome cinematography and special effects.

Mines gonna be typicle, so here goes:
1-Exorcist
2-Dawn of the Dead (original)
3-Night of the Living Dead (original)
4-Texas Chainsaw Massacre
5-Ju On (I love Japans version of the Grudge, I love Japan!)
6-Dead Alive (Braindead, I know it's comedic, but it's zombies)
7-Bio-Zombie (also comedic, but Chinese)
8-Dracula (Bella and Glen rule)
9-Return of the Living Dead (do you get I like funny zombie movies?)
10-SNAKES ON A PLANE ....ok no...it's not...I just can't think of what I'd slam into #10

Gruson said:
Skip part 3, it is not a real Halloween movie.

But it is a very good movie -

do de do de do de do de - three more days to halloween, halloween, halloween - three more days to halloween - Silver Shamrock!

Get THAT out of your head for the rest of the day...

abstractharmony said:
But it is a very good movie -

do de do de do de do de - three more days to halloween, halloween, halloween - three more days to halloween - Silver Shamrock!

Get THAT out of your head for the rest of the day...

LOL, no joke!

It is worth a watch for sure. Interesting movie.

3 is awesome! It was Carpenter attempting to kill a franchise he didn't want. That's what I've heard atleast, he only wanted 1 and then the company smashed him into doing a second, than he said that'sit. Than they said more, and he said fine BUT NO MEYERS! Hoping the franchise would die after 3, but they got the rights anyway and kept going. That's what I've heard, I dunno if that's true though.

1.) Halloween
2.) Nightmare on Elm Street
3.) Dawn of the Dead (new one)
4.) 28 days Later
5.) Alien
6.) Aliens (although more of an action movie to me)
7.) Halloween 2
8.) The Excorcist
9.) Evil Dead
10.) The Thing

Old Gruff mentioned The Bride of Frankenstein...not a horror movie to me but it is in my opinion one of the best movies ever made period. Actually, I ador all of the Universal Monster movies. Although not great horror (in the scary sense), but great fun. However, the Bride stands out as because it makes a statement. "Let's drink to a new world of gods and monsters..." or something like that. Love that movie!!!!!

Cheers,

Brad

JAWS said:
I really enjoyed the Entity

JAWS is a horror film. The Greatest Horror film EVER:D This film with the exception of The Exorcist scared more people then any other film in History. It is not straight foward Horror. It has elements of action, adventure, comedy and Drama. But deep down it gets us by our most primal fears. It's why it's not only the great horror movie but the Greatest film EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ALIEN is a Horror film all the way IMO. It's horror with Sc-Fi elements. ALIENS on the other hand I would call Sci Fi.

I agree that Predator is not a horror film.

Halloween is a great film.

Predator, Jaws, and Aliens are all not horror films in my opinion. Jaws is more drama and action to me. Great movie and one of the best movies of all time..no doubt in the top 100 of all time. Aliens is Sci-Fi/action as well as Predator. Those two are in my top 20 favorite movies of all time.

Cheers,

Brad

Alien I can see as horror, but not Aliens. Predator NO, and Jaws is iffy to me. My wife says none of these are. I say Alien and Jaws are in the middle. Now Napolean Dynamite is a horror movie!

1. The Texas Chainsaw Massacre
2. Zombi
3. The Exorcist
4. Horror of Dracula / Dracula '31 (TIE)
5. The Thing ('82)
6. Nosferatu
7. Hellraiser
8. The Howling
9. Candyman
10. Black Sunday

In no particular order after Final Chapter

Friday the 13th-Final Chapter
Friday the 13th-Jason Lives
Friday the 13th pt. 3
Halloween
Halloween pt. 4