Top 10 Horror Movies...Let's have 'em

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I would like to amend my list.

I saw In the Mouth of Madness again very recently, having not seen it for around 5 years or so, & although I still love it I wouldn't quite put it in my top 10 favourite horror movies. You see, it's not actually available here in the UK on dvd, hence my having not seen it for so long. Which is a shocking disgrace if you ask me. You could spit in the great John Carpenter's face and follow that up with a slap & I'm sure that he would find those actions far less insulting than to not even bother releasing one of his films on dvd.

There was one particular omission from my original list that I'm actually very embarrassed about, An American Werewolf in London. It's been one of my all time favourite films since I was a young lad and it just slipped my mind when I wrote my original list. I watched it again over the weekend &, for me, it's lost none of it's magic.

Plus, it's debatable whether certain films should even be classed as horror films at all. Some would argue that Jaws & Alien shouldn't even be on my list. But regardless of what other genres they are I think that they are both also horror movies. But what about Predator & Aliens? Should I include those as horror films? I'm actually not sure on that one but I'll go with a yes & include them all the same.

So anyway, here's an updated list to reflect my true top 10 horror movies... I think. :)

The Thing (1982)
Aliens
The Wicker Man (1973)
Jaws
Alien
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
An American Werewolf in London
Poltergeist
Predator
Halloween (1978)

All great movies my man!
I wouldn't necessarily classify some of those in the 'Horror' genre, but that doesn't really matter. A great movie is a great movie. :clap

All great movies my man!
I wouldn't necessarily classify some of those in the 'Horror' genre, but that doesn't really matter. A great movie is a great movie. :clap

Thanks buddy!

Yeah, I agree with you. I'm not convinced that Aliens & Predator should be there even though they both have plenty of horror elements in them.

So I amend my list yet again. At least this gives me an opportunity to use my favourite smilie.

:gah:

The Thing (1982)
The Wicker Man (1973)
Jaws
Alien
A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
An American Werewolf in London
Poltergeist
Halloween (1978)
Devil's Advocate
Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter

I also completely forgot about Devil's Advocate. Again, should it be classed as a horror? I have it in the horror section in my dvd/blu ray collection but...

:gah: :gah: :gah:

I love you Gah smilie... I truly do. :love

I'm seeing Predator on a few lists, don't think that is considered horror? I could never come up with 10 cause I'm not a huge fan of the genre, but Alien, Lost Boys, Bad Moon, Carpenter The Thing, Dead Silence, Silver Bullet and Paranormal Activity would make my list.

I just watched Stitches on Netflix. Enjoyable horror movie.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

This is impossible. :lol
I live for horror movies, I cant come up with a top 10.

:goodpost: Definitely. I think I changed my list several times before I posted it on here and then when I came back to it, I was already thinking of another movie that deserves to be on my list. Right there I gave up. :gah: It's impossible, I agree with ya Jon.

These are mine, I know not that original, but everyone of them have scared me at some point in my life, and some still do to this day.

Halloween
Alien
Jaws
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
The Exorcist
The Thing
Psycho
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Shining

These are mine, I know not that original, but everyone of them have scared me at some point in my life, and some still do to this day.

Halloween
Alien
Jaws
Night of the Living Dead (1968)
Nightmare on Elm Street (1984)
The Exorcist
The Thing
Psycho
Texas Chainsaw Massacre
The Shining

Damn good list!
I've watched every single one of those many times over. :hi5:

According to me top 10 horror movies are:-

1) The Grudge
2) Halloween
3) The shining
4) Let the right one in
5) The Ring
6) Insidious
7) Day of the Dead
8) Dead Alive
9) Jaws
10) The Exorcist

I don't consider it horror and it wasn't on my list but I really love Beetlejuice. One of my all time favorite movies... I was supposed to watch it tonight too lol.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

According to me top 10 horror movies are:-

1) The Grudge
2) Halloween
3) The shining
4) Let the right one in
5) The Ring
6) Insidious
7) Day of the Dead
8) Dead Alive
9) Jaws
10) The Exorcist

That's an awesome list.
I enjoyed all of those too. :hi5:

In no particular order/ interchangeable

1.) Psycho
2.) Poltergeist
3.) An American Werewolf in London
4.) The Thing
5.) The Shining
6.) Halloween
7.) Alien
8.) Frankenstein
9.) Dracula
10.) The Wolf Man

Leprechaun in the Hood

Seed of Chucky

Jason X

Freddy's dead: the Final Nightmare

Halloween Resurrection

Jeepers Creepers 2

Slither

i come in peace

the ice cream man

texas chainsaw massacre the beginning

You liked jeepers creepers 2 more than the first? I think the first is really underrated, it is a pretty creepy movie.

In no order....

Martyrs
The Exorcist III
À l'intérieur
Hellraiser
The Descent
The Fog (1980)
A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)
The Exorcist
Hellraiser 2
[REC]
Maniac (2012)

In no order....

Martyrs
The Exorcist III
À l'intérieur
Hellraiser
The Descent
The Fog (1980)
A Nightmare On Elm Street (1984)
The Exorcist
Hellraiser 2
[REC]
Maniac (2012)

Martyrs was pretty messed up. Anybody seen "A Serbian Film" ? I heard some of the things they do in that movie are really appalling..

My list; no order besides for the last one

Friday the 13th Part 3
A Nightmare on Elm Street
Texas Chainsaw Massacre (2004)
IT
The Shining
The Thing (1982)
The Ring
Jeepers Creepers
Candyman

Halloween (1978) - Easily #1 on my list.

- Halloween (1978)
- Scream
- Psycho
- Alien
- Curse of Chucky
- Evil Dead (1981)
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre (1974)
- The Thing (1982)
- Scream 2
- Donnie Darko

Back