Threezero - First Blood - 1/6 scale John Rambo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is shipping this month - JUNE!!! Just checked their website and it's scheduled to ship out this month...so expect reviews very VERY soon!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Rambo link

Jun-2022

• 1/6 Power Armor Station - Fallout
  • 1/6 Rick Grimes (Season 1) - The Walking Dead
  • threezeroX Akinori Takaki Ultraman Zero - Ultraman Zero THE CHRONICLE
  • 1/6 John Rambo - Rambo: First Blood
  • PREMIUM Optimus Prime - Transformers: Bumblebee
  • 1/6 Eleven - Stranger Things
  • DLX Bumblebee - Transformers: The Last Knight

Sideshow has it listed for Aug-Oct
I read August somewhere recently too.

I’m not sure what to expect without seeing updates on the design, but I am glad that he appears to be going ahead - there was a time there where he wasn’t looking likely after his initial announcement…

Production versions of Stallone Shop's own First Blood 1/6 Rambo have just been reviewed by Dean Knight and Justin's Collection. Both full of praise, but I want to see someone compare the Threezero version next to it so we know which is better. Both look good.

Production versions of Stallone Shop's own First Blood 1/6 Rambo have just been reviewed by Dean Knight and Justin's Collection. Both full of praise, but I want to see someone compare the Threezero version next to it so we know which is better. Both look good.
Quick kitbash I did today, got a better jacket coming think it might be worth me recasting this head with some work to the hair.
Maybe threezero will release this version at some point depending how their first blood figure does.
Likeness to me is better perfect for first blood not sure

Attachments

• 20220705_175122-COLLAGE.jpg
    20220705_175122-COLLAGE.jpg
    166.4 KB · Views: 0
I always wondered, probably money, why companies don't do more headsculpts. I don't think it would have to do with likeness rights...the heads would probably cost an extra 100k more to cast I am guessing.

I love having a stoic face, because it seems to be most accurate. But I would LOVE a screaming rambo head bc it's iconic.

I'm sure it's a number of factors. Getting one sculpt done to everyone's satisfaction is probably time consuming, and if you have a limited number of sculptors, pouring those resources into more items for a single figure vs generating multiple unique figures probably isn't worth the trouble.

Often when Hot Toys does it, it's to ensure sales, like their original Bank Robber Joker came with a head that had nothing to do with the look of the figure, but it offered an upgrade to their prior release for customers who owned that figure, so it was seen as a new figure plus something to add value to something you already own.

Hot toys seems to rarely do this. The only company that does it is neca but that's a much smaller scale.

Always wanted that screaming Rambo head.

I'm sure it's a number of factors. Getting one sculpt done to everyone's satisfaction is probably time consuming, and if you have a limited number of sculptors, pouring those resources into more items for a single figure vs generating multiple unique figures probably isn't worth the trouble.

Often when Hot Toys does it, it's to ensure sales, like their original Bank Robber Joker came with a head that had nothing to do with the look of the figure, but it offered an upgrade to their prior release for customers who owned that figure, so it was seen as a new figure plus something to add value to something you already own.
Cost for heads is the highest expense for a figure. The paint. If you look at the difference between the cost of a cheap toy and an expensive one, it's the finish level of the paint.

It sucks they didn’t change the body. The head sculpt looks great though.

Body is from Rambo 2, maybe 3.
They likely just reused the 3 body, which is the biggest he ever got in the original films. I suppose it would be passable for 2, but far too big for FB.

Face looks better, still not sure about the style and length of the hair.

All in all, they didn't knock this one out of the park. I don't think it's the clear winner we hoped it would be after Nick-O-Rama's M65 release.

Back