Thor (The Movie) *Spoiler- contains character images*

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another clueless critic who knows nothing about the comic.

Nothing about the comic and nothing about storytelling through film-- maybe he should check out Brannagh's Hamlet or Henry V to see that as far as "filmmakers" go he was the perfect person chosen to tell this Shakespearesque cinematic opera.

^^^ My two cents on aliens versus gods....

1. Introducing gods (hell etc.) may alienate certain demographic (conservative) from seeing the movie.
2 Opens the Avengers storyline. Aliens threat to earth etc.
3.Aliens can introduce more Marvel characters (Nova, Invaders) than gods.

^^^ My two cents on aliens versus gods....

1. Introducing gods (hell etc.) may alienate certain demographic (conservative) from seeing the movie.

Seems like a far-fetched reason to me. Besides, Norse Mythology is far enough removed from Judeo-Christian beliefs to not be a problem.

2 Opens the Avengers storyline. Aliens threat to earth etc.

IMO, allowing Norse Gods pops the "realism cherry" enough that aliens wouldn't be difficult to introduce in the movie universe.

3.Aliens can introduce more Marvel characters (Nova, Invaders) than gods.

Nova, Thanos, Guardians of the Galaxy, FTW. :rock

Nova, Thanos, Guardians of the Galaxy, FTW. :rock

GL takes off bank Marvel to introduce an alien character. Already have the premise with Thor being alien....

The only thing for certain is they had a calculated reason to do so otherwise, why not leave Thor as a god?

GL takes off bank Marvel to introduce an alien character. Already have the premise with Thor being alien....

The only thing for certain is they had a calculated reason to do so otherwise, why not leave Thor as a god?

Personally I think Thor is ridiculous as a Marvel character & have no interest in the comics. I had no interest in seeing the film, the comic con footage did nothing to dissuade me, however, after watching the trailer I'm really looking forward to the film. I think by going down the road they're taking (highly advanced aliens) it seems slightly more plausible than he's a god. Plus coming to think about it, it's been a sci-fi staple that ancient alien visitors have inspired various religions.

If it gets people like me interested then it's going to make money for Marvel.

(And yes I know we're talking about a world where super soldiers, iron men and Hulks exist :) )

Personally I think Thor is ridiculous as a Marvel character & have no interest in the comics. I had no interest in seeing the film, the comic con footage did nothing to dissuade me, however, after watching the trailer I'm really looking forward to the film. I think by going down the road they're taking (highly advanced aliens) it seems slightly more plausible than he's a god. Plus coming to think about it, it's been a sci-fi staple that ancient alien visitors have inspired various religions.

If it gets people like me interested then it's going to make money for Marvel.

(And yes I know we're talking about a world where super soldiers, iron men and Hulks exist :) )

Huh, the comic con footage didn't do it for you but the official trailer did.

Umm, they're almost exactly the same footage, at most 8 seconds worth of new footage was introduced in the new trailer.

Therefore, your statement has earned a :dunno

Thors hammer falls to earth in the site intro:
https://thor.marvel.com/

It would be wild if the northern lights/aurora borealis actually appeared as far south as New Mexico before his hammer arrives in the movie.

Personally, I think this guy they have playing Thor is a little too pretty. Thor has been a fighter his whole life and should look much more weather-worn and battle-hardened.

On the other hand...that is my only complaint so far so the movie is still full on win.

PS - I hate the idea that the Asgardians are aliens instead of Gods...that is just stupid and caters far too much to trying to make reality out of fiction. But that is not a hit on the movie...that is Marvels cranial flatulation.

Personally, I think this guy they have playing Thor is a little too pretty. Thor has been a fighter his whole life and should look much more weather-worn and battle-hardened.

On the other hand...that is my only complaint so far so the movie is still full on win.

PS - I hate the idea that the Asgardians are aliens instead of Gods...that is just stupid and caters far too much to trying to make reality out of fiction. But that is not a hit on the movie...that is Marvels cranial flatulation.

Are you saying that Nic Nolte should play Thor...he's beat to ____ :lol

Finally saw the Trailer. Felt it was cut horribly. I like the look of Hemsworth but his delivery of dialogue was a little much and Portman was channeling her Star Wars prequel acting style from what I saw. Can't judge it on the first trailer but I'm cautiously optimistic that the actual film will be better.

From Bad Ass Digest:

Hawkeye will appear in Thor.

This had been reported (right from Jeremy Renner’s mouth) a while ago in Empire Online, but then the actor was forced to lie about it in subsequent interviews. Now someone close to The Wrap has seen a cut of Thor and says Hawkeye appears, but doesn’t specify where or how.

This person also says that Nick Fury does not appear, as Samuel L Jackson has said in the past. The next time we’ll see Nick will be in the wraparound modern day segments of Captain America. Maybe. Remember that much of the Nick Fury stuff in Iron Man 2 – including that final bit about the Avengers Initiative, where Fury tells Stark he’s not suitable – was shot last minute and added in. It’s still possible that Marvel may squeeze in a Nick Fury or Tony Stark cameo before it’s all said and done.

I just want to know if Hawkeye is appearing in costume – in either Thor or The Avengers. I’m afraid they’re going to turn him into a guy in a SHIELD suit or a trench coat. I want purple!

Honestly....this is as close as you might get

108917-138190-hawkeye_super.jpg

Renner already said its not going to be the comic book look.
He implied they might work a few small things like the "H" or a smidge of purple.

Back